How Do Bad Cops Stay in Power? Just Look at Miami.

But he wasn't. His actions were responsible for something like 200 murders, including some American Border Patrol Agents.

Derek Chauvin only killed one drug-addicted home-invader part-time counterfeiter, which earnestly, I have no problem with.
It is not about who he killed..it's that he killed, that is at the heart of the issue.

But he wasn't. His actions were responsible for something like 200 murders, including some American Border Patrol Agents.

Derek Chauvin only killed one drug-addicted home-invader part-time counterfeiter, which earnestly, I have no problem with.

One border patrol agent. He should have been held accountable but that he wasn't is not an excuse to not hold others accountable.

It is not about who he killed..it's that he killed, that is at the heart of the issue.

What Issue? I already said that I have no issue with a dead home-invading doper who passes counterfeit $20 bills.

Good riddance. The only thing I hate about the left's 2020 temper tantrum, is that LivePD was taken off the air.

I loved that show.

LOL! You just can't help yourself, can you? This is not the 'trash Biden' thread.

Is the *president not our top cop, the Commander in Chief?

Should his corruption not be called out and held accountable?

Why do a lot of people want to start with accountability in the areas with the least problems?

How do you solve gun crime issues by punishing legal gun owners?

How do you solve corruption issues by holding cops on the street accountable for their crimes?

Just spit balling here.....But, the problem could be that we're expecting corrupt people to hold other corrupt people accountable. That's why accountable has to start at the top. Otherwise it don't work.

Is the *president not our top cop, the Commander in Chief?

Should his corruption not be called out and held accountable?

Why do a lot of people want to start with accountability in the areas with the least problems?

How do you solve gun crime issues by punishing legal gun owners?

How do you solve corruption issues by holding cops on the street accountable for their crimes?

Just spit balling here.....But, the problem could be that we're expecting corrupt people to hold other corrupt people accountable. That's why accountable has to start at the top. Otherwise it don't work.

I'll answer that and it touches on something already mentioned. Partisan politics. I refused to vote for either Trump or Biden because I saw them both as corrupt individuals. Their supporters on both sides will see it differently, sadly.

I'll answer that and it touches on something already mentioned. Partisan politics. I refused to vote for either Trump or Biden because I saw them both as corrupt individuals. Their supporters on both sides will see it differently, sadly.

So, what's the solution?

So, what's the solution?

I wish I knew. The only answer I've been able to come up with is for it all to collapse and start over. It doesn't mean we would start over right though.

So by refusing to vote for either side, you just washed your hands of the problem.

I see.

There's like 130,000 cops in America.

Being a cop is an extremely complex job that involves even deadly force at times.

With those kind of numbers and the complexity of the job, mistakes are going to be made here and there.

There's like 130,000 cops in America.

Being a cop is an extremely complex job that involves even deadly force at times.

With those kind of numbers and the complexity of the job, mistakes are going to be made here and there.

And the argument is that those mistakes should not get swept under the rug.

So, what's the solution?
An apolitical Law Enforcement Dept. and apolitical enforcement of law~
Divorce the Justice Dept. from the cabinet--have zero appointive positions..merit based from top to bottom. Oversight and accountability via non-partisan board overseen by Civil service..with an emphasis on transparency.
Do the same at the lower levels..State, city, county.
It would help to have a judicial system that's based on the truth..a non-adversarial system akin to the military..where getting to the truth is the goal...instead of gaming the system.

Last edited:
Be respectful and you'll never have a problem with any cop.

You got it wrong.

Police don't require your respect. Unless you're a decent person, we don't even want your respect.

What police do want, and are legally entitled to is, your compliance.

Don't argue the facts of a case with a cop ... save your arguments for the judge. He will decide the right or wrong of your argument, not the police.

You got it wrong.

Police don't require your respect. Unless you're a decent person, we don't even want your respect.

That depends on whether what they are asking you to do is something you are required to do.

Don't argue the facts of a case with a cop ... save your arguments for the judge. He will decide the right or wrong of your argument, not the police.

Cops need to learn what they are legally allowed to require. I think most do but there are still some that do not.

As long as you keep paying me ... I'm up for that!
Of course you get paid...and maybe get to work in some fun, non-confrontative position in your community--so you all get to know one another.
Living in the community you police is also important.

Last edited:
You got it wrong.

If it's good police..sure..on the compliance. However, one is not always legally..or ethically required to comply..an example being when a cop knocks at your door..and demands entry. Absent exigent circumstance..and we all know how often THAT's faked..you can slam that door in the cop's face.
Wise choice/ Probably not..but only because the cop will bear a grudge..and try to fuck you.

All in all, sure..even if wrongfully arrested...within 72 hours..you get your chance.

Forum List

Back