How Do Bad Cops Stay in Power? Just Look at Miami.

Change is happening.....but dinosaurs like the OP...are still out and about.
When you put a person in a uniform..give them the power of life and death..single them out time and time again to wallow in the worst that humanity has to offer--it is hard to maintain any level of empathy with the very community you are supposed to be protecting. It is human to fall into an 'us vs them' mentality.
I think cops should get an entire year off every 5---to decompress and remember why they became police in the first place.
Along with total accountabilty and zero tolerance for any 'blue wall' nonsense.
Without pay?

I live in Idaho..and sometimes..I'm one of those people...not with a permit..since we don't bother with such here--but certainly armed. Not that often..cause, well..why, right?
Not a great deal of street violence here. It is a point of pride for people to be versed in the handling of firearms...and any amateurish handling usually brings people out of the woodwork to correct the abuser.
Nope....not worried about those folks. They have no status in the community..their word is not accepted over yours just because they have a badge.
It's beyond frightening that you believe that individuals who lawfully carry concealed are on any way on par with the police when it comes to the ability to do damage to your life.

A concealed carry holder can generally only cause harm once before he has to answer for his actions. A cop with a gun and a BADGE and access to all types of personally identifying, confidential information? How much harm do you think they can do? And like EvilEye mentioned, a concealed carry holder's word is not auomatically taken over yours unlike the cop's word.

Forum List

Back