CDZ How did we get here. (op ed)

I had a discussion with the manager of this restaurant about my two experiences. The cook was there too. Both of them understood what I meant by wanting to see the wait staff look and act normal. But the manager acted like he was bound by some law to agree with me.
I guess it's gotten to the point that you can't even discuss how people look or dress. And I'm thinking dress codes in the work place are completely gone now a days.

I believe millennials come in one of two types, and this comes from experience. There is no middle ground. In your case, you have the loser millennial. Self-absorbed, little empathy, and no drive, these millennials can be seen with the purple hair, the multiple piercings, and the tattoos. Those, in and of them self, are a means of self-worship, which these millennials are all to obsessed with.

But then there is the second group. Driven, reflective, team oriented and goal focused, these are the sharp dressed clean cut individuals that you run into and fail to notice. Mostly the youngest members of the cohort, these are young professionals with impressive networths. They would never spend money on a tattoo, and they drive Toyota's or a Hyundai. Savers in the highest order, these are the ones that participated in the Gamestop short squeeze, hold Bitcoins, and max out their companies 401K contributions every year. Homeowners at 25, parents at 30, they put the horse in front of the cart.

Don't let the first group taint your perception of this generation. This generation is a force that must be reckoned with. They now are the largest consumer group in the United States, and honestly, a welcome reprieve from the vultures that are the baby boomers. The most educated, the most technologically savvy, and the most politically involved generation to ever come along, they will change the world for the better. In fact, they are the world's last, and at this point, only hope.

I have two sons. Both in their mid twenties. And both are on separate sides of one coin. My youngest is clean cut, straight as a string. His girlfriend is almost through with college. Her degree will start her out at $100K easy. His profession will make him about the same. They live in a nice house. Drive nice vehicles and live life in a decent conservative way.
The other, just sort of blows with the wind. Luckily, I was able to express how looking decent will get him a lot more respect from his co workers, bosses and important people in his life. So he dresses decent and is respectful to most people. But he lacks the drive to succeed. That worries me. I'm afraid he'll end up like me for the rest of his life, blue collar.

You list two types of millennials. He's somewhere in the middle.
These days of your kid does not have a needle in their arm and wants to cut off their genitalia you as a parent have been a success.
I've had four kids over the last 37 years and have yet to be able to get any of them to stick a need le in their arm or cut off their genitalia...How do you do it?

Oh my, you are one of those controlling parents who divide their children and can not afford unconditional love because you base their net worth on income and social status, how cute. You sound just like my parents were unhappy I didn't live on the lake with them and buy a 500k home with a boat dock...

LMAO.. Like most lefties, you're reading way more into what I said, than what I actually said.

Last edited:
I had a discussion with the manager of this restaurant about my two experiences. The cook was there too. Both of them understood what I meant by wanting to see the wait staff look and act normal. But the manager acted like he was bound by some law to agree with me.
I guess it's gotten to the point that you can't even discuss how people look or dress. And I'm thinking dress codes in the work place are completely gone now a days.
Then start a restaurant franchise and make sure they sing, "Happy-Happy Birthday" because it's on the public domain and doesn't cost any royalty fees. Then make the staff wear uniforms that are as redundant as yer demands that everyone bow to your will.

Oh my, you are one of those controlling parents who divide their children and can not afford unconditional love because you base their net worth on income and social status, how cute. You sound just like my parents were unhappy I didn't live on the lake with them and buy a 500k home with a boat dock...

LMAO.. Like most lefties, you're reading way more into what I said, than what I actually said.

Drama queen much?
I am reading exactly what you said, you want people to live up to your expectations and you refuse to allow them to live in their own or you will complain. Having the ability to decipher your language is not a "leftist" ability only. That is a fact of yer opinion...

Hey youngsters! Stay outta my yard!

Every generation complains about the next one. Each generation is smarter and better than the last.
Largely true, until the last half of the 20th Century. Since then, generations of programmed morons have been produced, with incompetancy increasing with each subsequent generation, so each is more incapable than the last.
So you admit you are programmed with incompetency...Interesting, no?
No. My parents avoided sending me to public schools.
I see, and somehow you believe that you are superior to everyone in every way.
In terms of education? Not everyone.

Knowledge gained simply further illustrates how much one does not know, so there's no point in getting cocky.

These days of your kid does not have a needle in their arm and wants to cut off their genitalia you as a parent have been a success.

Though we both sucked at marriage, their mom and I were still pretty good parents. Although, my oldest, it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't done drugs like that. I'd hate to think of something like that happening to him. I've known some parents who's kids were hooked on drugs. In fact, me and my ex girlfriend broke up over her 30yr old "child" bringing meth into the house.
She was dead set against drugs. But turned a blind eye to his drug problem. And his lazy, good for nothing, never getting a job problem.

Last edited:
I believe millennials come in one of two types, and this comes from experience. There is no middle ground. In your case, you have the loser millennial. Self-absorbed, little empathy, and no drive, these millennials can be seen with the purple hair, the multiple piercings, and the tattoos. Those, in and of them self, are a means of self-worship, which these millennials are all to obsessed with.

But then there is the second group. Driven, reflective, team oriented and goal focused, these are the sharp dressed clean cut individuals that you run into and fail to notice. Mostly the youngest members of the cohort, these are young professionals with impressive networths. They would never spend money on a tattoo, and they drive Toyota's or a Hyundai. Savers in the highest order, these are the ones that participated in the Gamestop short squeeze, hold Bitcoins, and max out their companies 401K contributions every year. Homeowners at 25, parents at 30, they put the horse in front of the cart.

Don't let the first group taint your perception of this generation. This generation is a force that must be reckoned with. They now are the largest consumer group in the United States, and honestly, a welcome reprieve from the vultures that are the baby boomers. The most educated, the most technologically savvy, and the most politically involved generation to ever come along, they will change the world for the better. In fact, they are the world's last, and at this point, only hope.

I have two sons. Both in their mid twenties. And both are on separate sides of one coin. My youngest is clean cut, straight as a string. His girlfriend is almost through with college. Her degree will start her out at $100K easy. His profession will make him about the same. They live in a nice house. Drive nice vehicles and live life in a decent conservative way.
The other, just sort of blows with the wind. Luckily, I was able to express how looking decent will get him a lot more respect from his co workers, bosses and important people in his life. So he dresses decent and is respectful to most people. But he lacks the drive to succeed. That worries me. I'm afraid he'll end up like me for the rest of his life, blue collar.

I've had four kids over the last 37 years and have yet to be able to get any of them to stick a need le in their arm or cut off their genitalia...How do you do it?
Just send them to public school

There, that was easy

Hey youngsters! Stay outta my yard!

Every generation complains about the next one. Each generation is smarter and better than the last.
Largely true, until the last half of the 20th Century. Since then, generations of programmed morons have been produced, with incompetancy increasing with each subsequent generation, so each is more incapable than the last.
So you admit you are programmed with incompetency...Interesting, no?
No. My parents avoided sending me to public schools.
I see, and somehow you believe that you are superior to everyone in every way.
In terms of education? Not everyone.

Knowledge gained simply further illustrates how much one does not know, so there's no point in getting cocky.
Just asking, why are you getting so defensive?

I found that you get much more education out of school than in school. I was never a fan of group step education I referred to go as fast as I could so I could learn more. I also know that private school are not that much better than private schools after sending my kids to both and one that was home schooled.

I am reading exactly what you said, you want people to live up to your expectations and you refuse to allow them to live in their own or you will complain. Having the ability to decipher your language is not a "leftist" ability only. That is yer opinion and not a fact.

No, I just miss the days when young people were normal. When they kept their different lifestyles to themselves or with others like them. When things that weren't meant for society, were kept in private.
When respect was something honorable.
Now days showing respect makes you some sort of sheep. As in respect for law enforcement.
When friends didn't discuss politics or religion, because it was more important to have friends than allies.

There, that was easy
I left that decision up to my kids since it was their life they were directing.

I am reading exactly what you said, you want people to live up to your expectations and you refuse to allow them to live in their own or you will complain. Having the ability to decipher your language is not a "leftist" ability only. That is yer opinion and not a fact.

No, I just miss the days when young people were normal. When they kept their different lifestyles to themselves or with others like them. When things that weren't meant for society, were kept in private.
When respect was something honorable.
Now days showing respect makes you some sort of sheep. As in respect for law enforcement.
When friends didn't discuss politics or religion, because it was more important to have friends than allies.
Normal, like those that harassed those that were different than they were, beat them up and ostracized them for any defect to include weight and looks. Wow, what a magical society where all people are normal...I've seen yer normal in operation as they killed people that were gay. I was born in 1961 just so you know I am not a boot on the block.

When did law enforcement deserve respect?

People have always talked about politics and politicians and still stayed friends.

You need to make a complete list of what is unacceptable to you.
What a complete fukking jerk you've finally shown yourself to be!

How could anybody who limits earring hoops to smaller than a quarter be relevant to anything?

I need to make you a list?
Just because I miss the days when people were more normal, doesn't make me a jerk.
Just because I like seeing normal young people, doesn't make me a jerk.
Being proud of "normal" things doesn't make me a jerk.

Forcing someone's lifestyle on others, makes them a jerk. Being forced to accept this new normal makes those doing the forcing, jerks.
Having to overlook someone dressing gaudy and having no respect gets really old.
This new generation is so vain and arrogant.

There, that was easy
Leave it up to kids?

Gender confusion is up 4000% due to what is being taught in public schools now.

You call that letting kids decide how they should think? It's called indoctrination stupid.

The phrase "the customer is always right" has to be about the most idiotic phrase ever to make its way into the popular lexicon.

Those who take it to heart act with an incredible sense of entitlement, treat people like shit because of it and then whine when those people resent it.

Respect should go BOTH ways, people. You don't become fucking royalty just because you have a few bucks to spend and other people are not your peons just because they are selling something to you.

There, that was easy
Leave it up to kids?

Gender confusion is up 4000% due to what is being taught in public schools now.

You call that letting kids decide how they should think? It's called indoctrination stupid.
Yes, I let my kids start making their own decisions early in life so they can learn how to evaluate a decision. I do not put up a wall around my kids because that would only delay the inevitable. It is important to be educated yet the method of educating is always done at home after school with added lectures of all subjects from me because I want my kids to be well educated. As far as gender confusion that is but one aspect in life a child must learn to deal with and make their own decisions in life because it is their life, they do receive counseling on all matters they may have a conflict with and would like to have a a professional opinion outside of the family.

Indoctrination-the process of teaching a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically.

That is not what I do..

The phrase "the customer is always right" has to be about the most idiotic phrase ever to make its way into the popular lexicon.

Those who take it to heart act with an incredible sense of entitlement, treat people like shit because of it and then whine when those people resent it.

Respect should go BOTH ways, people. You don't become fucking royalty just because you have a few bucks to spend and other people are not your peons just because they are selling something to you.
I go through that every weekend when I work at the campgrounds on the river...Some bring their chain saws to cut down trees for firewood and can't understand that it's private property.

Normal, like those that harassed those that were different than they were, beat them up and ostracized them for any defect to include weight and looks.
Those people weren't normal either. What part of "normal" do you not understand? I get it, you're trying to put words in my mouth. Pointing out bad people of my generation and trying to make out like I think they were normal isn't going to work. In fact, doing that makes you a jerk.

Wow, what a magical society where all people are normal...

Drama queen much?

I've seen yer normal in operation as they killed people that were gay. I was born in 1961 just so you know I am not a boot on the block.

Again, you saying that I think those who commit violence on innocent people are normal, is just you saying it. pretty disingenuous for you to even attempt that kind of BS.

BTW, who are you to oppose my sense of normal? Seriously, if you can be so accepting of this new normal, why aren't you just as accepting of my normal?
Should I be offended? Should I whine and cry about not being accepted? That seems to be the new normal.

When did law enforcement deserve respect?

Every time they stopped took a bad guy to jail. Every time they saved someone's life. Every time they showed up and stopped someone from raping another. Every time they apprehended a child molester. Every time they found someone's stolen property and returned it to the owners.
Every time they did was they're paid to do.
People have always talked about politics and politicians and still stayed friends.

No, not always. I lost a lot of who I thought were friends in last two elections over politics. Some because I wouldn't support Hillary. And some because I wouldn't support Trump.

What ever it takes to make a sale. Problem is, this new generation get all offended over petty things. Like a customer being rude and disrespectful. Ok, let'm be rude and disrespectful as long as they're spending money. To fight back means you're lowering yourself to their level. You're becoming them. If things get out of hand, then call the cops.

Like this entitled prick of a customer. Notice the staff remains calm, cool and collected. And this POS went to jail. When all he had to do was give his identity to the police, so Walmart could legally ban him from the store.

What ever it takes to make a sale. Problem is, this new generation get all offended over petty things. Like a customer being rude and disrespectful. Ok, let'm be rude and disrespectful as long as they're spending money. To fight back means you're lowering yourself to their level. You're becoming them. If things get out of hand, then call the cops.

Like this entitled prick of a customer. Notice the staff remains calm, cool and collected. And this POS went to jail. When all he had to do was give his identity to the police, so Walmart could legally ban him from the store.

What business do you run where you deal with the public?

I support my employees, myself. If I didn't have their back, why should I expect them to have mine?

Forum List

Back