How did the Trump presidency negatively affect you/your life or quality of life personally?

The stupidity of "Trump is mean" insults me. Do people think Trump just up and talks trash for no reason at all? Nope! Trump hits back when people attack him, he hits back hard and he hits back just as dirty as Dems hit him. That's what they don't like. Dems are used to be able to go full douchebag on Republicans while the Republicans stand there and take the hits in fear of retaliation in the MSM if they dare say something. Trump doesn't give a shit what the MSM does, they can't scare him into silence.

Yes. It was. As it was growing under Barrack Obama. I remember Trump coasting for three years....and then blowing the response to the pandemic.

I'm sorry, was this supposed to be a trick question? Who was sitting in the White House again in late January, 2020? :) And whose signature had to appear on any bills passed?
I recall Republicans also still had control of the Senate as well.

Most of the pandemic policies were implemented at the State level, and rightly so.

What did Trump do wrong exactly? Mostly the feds set recommendations for local governments to follow.

The stupidity of "Trump is mean" insults me. Do people think Trump just up and talks trash for no reason at all? Nope! Trump hits back when people attack him, he hits back hard and he hits back just as dirty as Dems hit him. That's what they don't like. Dems are used to be able to go full douchebag on Republicans while the Republicans stand there and take the hits in fear of retaliation in the MSM if they dare say something. Trump doesn't give a shit what the MSM does, they can't scare him into silence.
One person shut him up. The judge who gave him the gag order. Notice he's not talking shit anymore.

And each day he doesn't pay up it costs him another $100K. No biggy though. The Saudi's gave Jared $3 billion dollars I'm sure Jared will help him out.

topic_repeat.png

His presidency made me realize how good things can be and how bad things are now.

Besides inflation generating trillion dollar “stimulus”, Project Warp Speed, Fauci & Birx, lock downs, essential workers, John Bolton, Mike Pompeo, Gina Haspel and the like?

Most of the pandemic policies were implemented at the State level, and rightly so.

What did Trump do wrong exactly? Mostly the feds set recommendations for local governments to follow.
That's just a stupid line they repeat over and over again without any foundation for it.
The truth is there was no proper response to the pandemic. All of the touted remedies were useless including the masks and the vaccines. Attempting to slow it down did nothing to slow it down. It was an indomitable enemy that was simply going to do whatever it was it was going to do regardless of what we did.

I mostly stomached Trump as he rode the Obama economy

However, in a time of crisis, Trump provided inept leadership.
He basically allowed states to make the tough decisions and undermined those who were not in his party. He abandoned medical advice and embraced snake oil remedies.
He was more concerned with his election than the well being of the American people.

It is estimated his poor decisions cost hundreds of thousands of lives

Trump White House COVID-19 coordinator Deborah Birx says most deaths could have been avoided

Last edited:
That's just a stupid line they repeat over and over again without any foundation for it.
The truth is there was no proper response to the pandemic. All of the touted remedies were useless including the masks and the vaccines. Attempting to slow it down did nothing to slow it down. It was an indomitable enemy that was simply going to do whatever it was it was going to do regardless of what we did.

The vaccines probably did mitigate the earlier strains of COVID, but as it has become less and less virulent, their effectiveness has declined for most people, except those with co-morbidities.

I stopped at two shots.

I mostly stomached Trump as he rode the Obama economy

However, in a time of crisis, Trump provided inept leadership.
He basically allowed states to make the tough decisions and undermined those who were not in his party. He abandoned medical advice and embraced snake oil remedies.
He was more concerned with his election than the well being of the American people.

It is estimated his poor decisions cost 600,000 lives

The States are the ones that are supposed to handle those decisions. They issue business licenses, they control their transit systems, they control their schools and other public areas.

They also control most of their own roads.

We all know we all vote on our personal interests and everybody I know kicked major ass on Trumps watch so I remain confused.
I’ve heard the typical stuff….
“I hate Trump because he talks mean”… but there has to be more….Under Trump, America was better and better off by literally every single meaningful metric.
Shed some light on this for me…PLEASE!

Like others have said, I cannot think of a president since I left the Marines that had any actual impact on my daily life.

Also, what "meaningful metrics" are you speaking of? UE, GDP, LFPR are all better now than under Trump.

No. The policies do get implemented at the state level, but they flow from the federal level. The coordination begins with the feds.
What I remember is Trump climbing on a plane at Davos in January, 2020 and proclaiming, "It's just one person coming from China. We have it under control".
And then, restricts travel from China, but forgets about the 40K or so American citizens flying home in a panic, with no means for testing, quarantining, or mitigation....basic steps.
Then, he spends the next two months golfing, tweeting, and holding his bullying pep rallies the night before each Democratic primary.

1. He caused inflation with his tax breaks, spending and stimulus checks (with his name on them)
2. He started a trade war with China. I'm in manufacturing and one of our machines comes from China. It's why he only had 2.2% gdp in 2019. And he didn't win the trade war. Just disrupted the economy.
3. He has me on these boards every day with the stupid shit he says and does.
4. He has given power to the Nazi's of America. Proud Boys.
5. He tried to steal the electon. I voted for Biden.
~~~~~~
Wow!!
His tax breaks reduced inflation. Democrats insisted on total quarantine ala Fauci. That was the first time in the history of America that a total quarantine has ever occurred in the U.S.
That proved to be a false move and belongs to Dr? Fauci.
Then according to the biased media GDP grew excitingly well during the Trump administration.
See:
The fact that your manufacturing company has to rely on Chinese equipment to manufacture is indicative of the problem. Why not American manufactured equipment?
Seems China was prepared to sign a Trade Agreement prior to the Covid-19 infestation.
See:
In total sum, you're pissing down our legs and claiming it's raining.
You cannot justify your statements.
Our overall economy grew by Trumps administrative efforts, whereas under Biden our economy floundered along with our supply chain, inflation not to mention our border crisis which TRump fought and was able to bring under control during his 4 years.
Contrasting to Biden's rescinding all Border Executive orders, shutting down fossil fuel production, raiding our petroleum reserves, starting a war in the Ukraine, retreating ignominiously causing the deaths of Americans and thousands of AfghanistanIan's.
Unfortunately. Biden has shown ultimate weakeness in foreign Policies dealing with China, the Ukraine, Israel and even North Korea.
We now teter on the edge of WWIII along with finiancial disaster, and inabilities to produce the means to defend ourselves.
Thank to Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. and his handlers.

Forum List

Back