How did the Americans manage to create such a grandiose architecture in such a short time?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
It is believed that the modern architecture of the United States appeared only a little over a century ago. But Europe still looks like a stinking barn compared to America. How could this happen?

Art deco and mid century modern will be timeless

It's western ya Slavic slope head

Art deco came outta France but we also did it very well and on a larger scale
Mid century modern is also western Europe and the USA ...Usa again much larger scale

And when I say USA I mean the former USA

• Banned
Art deco and mid century modern will be timeless

It's western ya Slavic slope head

Art deco came outta France but we also did it very well and on a larger scale
Mid century modern is also western Europe and the USA ...Usa again much larger scale

And when I say USA I mean the former USA

But after all, art deco is only about style, it does not explain grandiosity and ambition.

It is believed that the modern architecture of the United States appeared only a little over a century ago. But Europe still looks like a stinking barn compared to America. How could this happen?

ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-a0f6bd.jpg

First of all, the architecture of Europe does not look like a barn. The cathedrals alone show major artistic work.

But in the US there was major money. And much of it was new money. These captains of industry liked to show off by building the biggest and best.

Most of USA looks 4th world

• Banned
First of all, the architecture of Europe does not look like a barn. The cathedrals alone show major artistic work.

But in the US there was major money. And much of it was new money. These captains of industry liked to show off by building the biggest and best.
Why then the capital did not go to Europe?

rupol bases his opinions on what he sees on TV.
Do not lie. It is enough to look at any city to understand this. Do you think American cities are scenery?

Even abandoned US villages look more solid than London sheds and Chinese villages that are made of cardboard and broken boxes. A lantern made in the USA can kill a buffalo. Chrysler made in the USA eats more than 10 European cars of the middle class. The concrete of one US skyscraper is enough to build an entire city in Italy. And so on.

Have you ever seen japanese houses?

Why would it? The difference is partly the age of the cities. When the US was building new cities, the cities in Europe were already old.

It depends, many German and other European cities were flattened during The War. A lot of Germany's architecture is about the same age as Candice Bergen.

Do not lie. It is enough to look at any city to understand this. Do you think American cities are scenery?

Even abandoned US villages look more solid than London sheds and Chinese villages that are made of cardboard and broken boxes. A lantern made in the USA can kill a buffalo. Chrysler made in the USA eats more than 10 European cars of the middle class. The concrete of one US skyscraper is enough to build an entire city in Italy. And so on.

Have you ever seen japanese houses?

"A lantern made in the USA can kill a buffalo" What? Where the hell did that come from?

"Chrysler made in the USA eats more than 10 European cars of the middle class" No idea what that is supposed to mean.

Yes, US skyscapers use a lot of concrete. But not enough to build an entire city in Italy.

"A lantern made in the USA can kill a buffalo" What? Where the hell did that come from?
I have an American lantern. It shines for about 400 meters and does not lose focus at the same time.

My friend had a motorola phone, he hit it against the wall every day when he was arguing with his wife.

American chainsaws were guaranteed for 5 years of continuous operation.

Are you a dude from America?

Forum List

Back