How come no mention of the fall of the Temple in A.D. 70 in the NT?

norwegen

Nope. Revelation is not prophecy.. Its apocalyptic literature which was very popular at the time...

You sure must hate Christians.. Your language is so foul and you say "Islamo Nazis" in nearly every post.

The Revelation letter is a message of hope to the 7 churches.

John of Patmos was writing for his own time.
Islamo-nazi is a "foul word" ?

Islamo-nazi is a "foul word" ?

Yes, its foul and an egregious lie. Muslims were not Nazis and Christians are not Islamo Nazis.

The only "filth" going on here is your mouth. You should be ashamed, but you aren't decent enough for that. I have never known an ugly Jew until you showed up.

Yes, its foul and an egregious lie. Muslims were not Nazis and Christians are not Islamo Nazis.

The only "filth" going on here is your mouth. You should be ashamed, but you aren't decent enough for that. I have never known an ugly Jew until you showed up.
"Reverend" pike----an islamo nazi pig whom YOU
cited as a source----is example of ISLAMO NAZI
PIG ----that DISGUSTING PILE OF SHIT does see
jews and judaism as FILTH in the same manner
that the subject of Judaism and Jews are seen in
mosques and muslim school curricula

I don't know how you would interpret it that the NT made them look like angels, but whatever makes you happy.
People who read the NT with an uncluttered mind----
as I did, having NO RELIGIOUS education at all----
see it for what it is-----a weak justification and cover-up of ROMAN BARBARITY AND STINK

People who read the NT with an uncluttered mind----
as I did, having NO RELIGIOUS education at all----
see it for what it is-----a weak justification and cover-up of ROMAN BARBARITY AND STINK

So that's your reason for calling Christians "Islamo Nazis"?

"Reverend" pike----an islamo nazi pig whom YOU
cited as a source----is example of ISLAMO NAZI
PIG ----that DISGUSTING PILE OF SHIT does see
jews and judaism as FILTH in the same manner
that the subject of Judaism and Jews are seen in
mosques and muslim school curricula

This Reverend Pike?

An example of Pike's use of the media is how he released his letter to The New York Times before it was delivered to Sewanee's trustees: they heard the news when reporters called for reactions.[6] It was also at this time that he publicly challenged Senator Joseph McCarthy's allegation that 7,000 American pastors were part of a Kremlin conspiracy; when the newly elected President Dwight D. Eisenhower backed up Pike, McCarthy and his movement began to lose their influence

This Reverend Pike?

An example of Pike's use of the media is how he released his letter to The New York Times before it was delivered to Sewanee's trustees: they heard the news when reporters called for reactions.[6] It was also at this time that he publicly challenged Senator Joseph McCarthy's allegation that 7,000 American pastors were part of a Kremlin conspiracy; when the newly elected President Dwight D. Eisenhower backed up Pike, McCarthy and his movement began to lose their influence
SO?

I am curious about that one now..

(This is an estimate no exact year is possible)

New Testament

James--A.D. 44-49
Galatians--A.D. 49-50
Matthew--A.D. 50-60
Mark--A.D. 50-60
1 Thessalonians--A.D. 51
2 Thessalonians--A.D. 51-52
1 Corinthians--A.D. 55
2 Corinthians--A.D. 55-56
Romans-- A.D. 56
Luke--A.D. 60-61
Ephesians--A.D. 60-62
Philippians--A.D. 60-62
Philemon--A.D. 60-62
Colossians--A.D. 60-62
Acts--A.D. 62
1 Timothy--A.D. 62-64
Titus--A.D. 62-64
1 Peter--A.D. 64-65
2 Timothy--A.D. 66-67
2 Peter--A.D. 67-68
Hebrews--A.D. 67-69
Jude--A.D. 68-70
John--A.D. 80-90
1 John--A.D. 90-95
2 John--A.D. 90-95
3 John--A.D. 90-95
Revelation--A.D. 94-96

The Romans Destroy the Temple

at Jerusalem, 70 AD

In the year 66 AD the Jews of Judea rebelled against their Roman masters. In response, the Emperor Nero dispatched an army under the generalship of Vespasian to restore order. By the year 68, resistance in the northern part of the province had been eradicated and the Romans turned their full attention to the subjugation of Jerusalem. That same year, the Emperor Nero died by his own hand, creating a power vacuum in Rome. In the resultant chaos, Vespasian was declared Emperor and returned to the Imperial City. It fell to his son, Titus, to lead the remaining army in the assault on Jerusalem.

Roman Centurian
The Roman legions surrounded the city and began to slowly squeeze the life out of the Jewish stronghold. By the year 70, the attackers had breached Jerusalem's outer walls and began a systematic ransacking of the city. The assault culminated in the burning and destruction of the Temple that served as the center of Judaism.

In victory, the Romans slaughtered thousands. Of those sparred from death: thousands more were enslaved and sent to toil in the mines of Egypt, others were dispersed to arenas throughout the Empire to be butchered for the amusement of the public. The Temple's sacred relics were taken to Rome where they were displayed in celebration of the victory.

The rebellion sputtered on for another three years and was finally extinguished in 73 AD with the fall of the various pockets of resistance including the stronghold at Masada.

"...the Jews let out a shout of dismay that matched the tragedy."

Our only first-hand account of the Roman assault on the Temple comes from the Jewish historian Josephus Flavius. Josephus was a former leader of the Jewish Revolt who had surrendered to the Romans and had won favor from Vespasian. In gratitude, Josephus took on Vespasian's family name - Flavius - as his own. We join his account as the Romans fight their way into the inner sanctum of the Temple:

"...the rebels shortly after attacked the Romans again, and a clash followed between the guards of the sanctuary and the troops who were putting out the fire inside the inner court; the latter routed the Jews and followed in hot pursuit right up to the Temple itself. Then one of the soldiers, without awaiting any orders and with no dread of so momentous a deed, but urged on by some supernatural force, snatched a blazing piece of wood and, climbing on another soldier's back, hurled the flaming brand through a low golden window that gave access, on the north side, to the rooms that surrounded the sanctuary. As the flames shot up, the Jews let out a shout of dismay that matched the tragedy; they flocked to the rescue, with no thought of sparing their lives or husbanding their strength; for the sacred structure that they had constantly guarded with such devotion was vanishing before their very eyes.

...No exhortation or threat could now restrain the impetuosity of the legions; for passion was in supreme command. Crowded together around the entrances, many were trampled down by their companions; others, stumbling on the smoldering and smoked-filled ruins of the porticoes, died as miserably as the defeated. As they drew closer to the Temple, they pretended not even to hear Caesar's orders, but urged the men in front to throw in more firebrands. The rebels were powerless to help; carnage and flight spread throughout.

Most of the slain were peaceful citizens, weak and unarmed, and they were butchered where they were caught. The heap of corpses mounted higher and higher about the altar; a stream of blood flowed down the Temple's steps, and the bodies of those slain at the top slipped to the bottom.
Because the timeline you have for some of the New Testament books is wrong...

Because the timeline you have for some of the New Testament books is wrong...

bear513

Most of early Christian writings were a bit later.. Look at the dates.

Early Christian Writings is the most complete collection of Christian texts before the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD. The site provides translations and commentary for these sources, including the New Testament, Apocrypha, Gnostics, Church Fathers, and some non-Christian references.

You mean because they didn't build Ezekiel's temple? I'm afraid you lost me.
You are lost because you never read the last 3 chapters of Deuteronomy.
You are jumping to the prophets before reading the entire Torah.

You are lost because you never read the last 3 chapters of Deuteronomy.
You are jumping to the prophets before reading the entire Torah.

I wouldn't know how to read the Torah.. I use the OT .. and I am well aware of how Christians fiddled with Isaiah, Hosea, Jeremiah. I also know that Jesus didn't fit the Jewish expectations of the Messiah. He wasn't an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews.

I wouldn't know how to read the Torah.. I use the OT .. and I am well aware of how Christians fiddled with Isaiah, Hosea, Jeremiah. I also know that Jesus didn't fit the Jewish expectations of the Messiah. He wasn't an anointed warrior king who vanquished the enemies of the Jews.
You still don’t get it.
There is no special person.
You can have 1,000 people worthy of serving in the Temple or being a king and the generation isn’t ready.

Forum List

Back