How cold is it?

Yeah, I wouldn't be trying that.

A) You will be out in the cold.
Lol, ya was not even contemplating trying that one. I am k8nda worried about when the water comes back. Those things have been known to cause some issues when the water returns it many times sloshes causing sever floods till things go back to normal. I am only a hundred yards from the lake. Oh well we will see what happens.

damn minus7 here....i have no clue what the wind chill is...since i am not going outside....nor are the animals it seems....

so yesterday i call a family of 5 i am close to...look yall ..if your electric goes out head over..we got wood heat...gravity fed water and some room at which i am reminded we also have covid

nothing like covid for the holidays

The dog just got me up so he could go out and take a squirt.

It's 7 degress.

-11 degrees with the wind chill factor.

So sayeth my weather app.

Still windy, but not like yesterday.

Gonna put some coffee on. Guess I'm awake for the day...

well our wood stove is in the living room.....the bathroom is on the other side of the house....we will most likely crank up the larger wood stove in the basement today...its amazing the difference the heated floor will make....

Folks are already running a local river with snowmobiles. It is about the earliest I've seen people run the river trail.
I gotta imagine that the ice isn't all that safe and riding fast and not stopping is necessary.

Last year it was open water into mid Jan. Ran it myself last February.

I went to the mall today to get some Cinnabons.

Everybody was bundled up such that you could really only see their faces. Very colorful. It was like I was walking around Whoville.

damn minus7 here....i have no clue what the wind chill is...since i am not going outside....nor are the animals it seems....

so yesterday i call a family of 5 i am close to...look yall ..if your electric goes out head over..we got wood heat...gravity fed water and some room at which i am reminded we also have covid

nothing like covid for the holidays
That gravity-feed good water is an attraction in NC. I do like that.

Stick a pipe in the side of the mountain and get water..nice!

Here ya gotta drill down 100 feet or so and have a pump.

I live in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, and when I woke up this morning there was snow and ice on the ground, temperature around 5 degrees F. It soon dropped below zero, and by noon it was five below. I had to go out to run a few errands and I thought I'd fill my wife's tank - it wasn't low, but she's cautious about such things. I went to four different pumps and they were all inoperative, because the little buttons where you indicate which octane level you want were all frozen solid.

This is quite unusual in our neck of the woods. I'd guess we go below zero maybe once every other year or so.

If I were a Dictator I'd decree that only essential travel would be allowed. As for visiting Family...that's essential. Sorry.

It's 81 here in Katy Texas.

I love S. Texas winters.
You get some pretty cold weather for maybe a week usually less followed by a stretch of warm weather.
Hell, it was 17 degrees a week ago.

Last time I was in Texas it was pretty cold. Been a while, though. It was probably around this time of year, if I recall right.

Forum List

Back