How cold is it?

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I live in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, and when I woke up this morning there was snow and ice on the ground, temperature around 5 degrees F. It soon dropped below zero, and by noon it was five below. I had to go out to run a few errands and I thought I'd fill my wife's tank - it wasn't low, but she's cautious about such things. I went to four different pumps and they were all inoperative, because the little buttons where you indicate which octane level you want were all frozen solid.

This is quite unusual in our neck of the woods. I'd guess we go below zero maybe once every other year or so.

If I were a Dictator I'd decree that only essential travel would be allowed. As for visiting Family...that's essential. Sorry.

I live in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh, and when I woke up this morning there was snow and ice on the ground, temperature around 5 degrees F. It soon dropped below zero, and by noon it was five below. I had to go out to run a few errands and I thought I'd fill my wife's tank - it wasn't low, but she's cautious about such things. I went to four different pumps and they were all inoperative, because the little buttons where you indicate which octane level you want were all frozen solid.

This is quite unusual in our neck of the woods. I'd guess we go below zero maybe once every other year or so.

If I were a Dictator I'd decree that only essential travel would be allowed. As for visiting Family...that's essential. Sorry.

We have cold air, steady snow, snow squalls and up to 95 KPH wind. I had to go out in it today to grab some things and It was insane. I went out for a walk in it for 10 minutes and returned to a very red face,I could hardly recognize myself.

-9 when I got up the morning and hasn't gone above -2 today. It's supposed to get down to -6 tonight with 18-28 mph winds gusting up to 48 mph. That would put the wind chill at about -32 degrees.

It's so cold my balls are trying to turn into ovaries. Teh penis is..idk where. :aargh:

Fuck it! I'm not mounting an expedition, either! :alcoholic:

He'll be back..I think.

Last edited:
Yep, cold as hell and a record breaking seiche on lake Erie. All the water disappeared out the Western basin and got blow up toward Buffalo. Some of the larger boats that can't be pulled at the end of the season are sunk in the mud no water. I am told I can walk to south bass island right now. Don't know if I believe it cus I have not been over to see it.

Yep, cold as hell and a record breaking seiche on lake Erie. All the water disappeared out the Western basin and got blow up toward Buffalo. Some of the larger boats that can't be pulled at the end of the season are sunk in the mud no water. I am told I can walk to south bass island right now. Don't know if I believe it cus I have not been over to see it.
Yeah, I wouldn't be trying that.

A) You will be out in the cold.

I'm a bit north of you, maybe an hour in Mercer County, and its still minus 5. Fortunately I have enough provisions so no reason to leave the domicile.

Forum List

Back