How blacks have created their own problems

John Marston

Oct 23, 2014
Mesquite
Hustlers and people with little understanding want us to believe that today's black problems are the continuing result of a legacy of slavery, poverty and racial discrimination. The fact is that most of the social pathology seen in poor black neighborhoods is entirely new in black history.
The True Black Tragedy - Walter E. Williams - Page 1

The problem far more complex than a legacy of slavery.
The modern welfare state has made these things not only acceptable, but desirable. When failure brings free goods and services courtesy of Uncle Sam and the tax payer, then failure becomes the goal.
There are no racist motives, just reasoning

Hustlers and people with little understanding want us to believe that today's black problems are the continuing result of a legacy of slavery, poverty and racial discrimination. The fact is that most of the social pathology seen in poor black neighborhoods is entirely new in black history.

The modern welfare state has made these things not only acceptable, but desirable. When failure brings free goods and services courtesy of Uncle Sam and the tax payer, then failure becomes the goal.
Give'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.

I agree with you in one sense. No today's blacks problems are not due to past slavery. It's due to current atmosphere of racism, injustice, discrimination, disrespect and much more. So yes, I still see blacks as oppressed partly by non-blacks. You can attribute some black problems to their own community. This does not absolve the racists of their crimes by any means.

What? Give "em" an inch and they will take a mile? You mean are you saying that you are in a position to decide what to give them and how much? Who gave you that power? Are you making these judgments fro the high horse you sit atop? You mean discrimination and racism is something the majority people "give" blacks and they want more of it? I don't understand why you are pretending to patronize blacks. What is it that YOU have given them and what more are they asking for from YOU?

World that is pure bullshit. Today's blacks are being played like a fine violin. If black lives really mattered the blacks would have been on the street taking their communities back long ago.
Looting matters. Rioting matters. Blaming someone else matters.
What happened in Baltimore when the cops you have been incited to vilify, gave you your no cop zone? How many blacks murdered blacks this weekend? How many in Chicago? Turning on the only protection blacks have against blacks didn't work out too well. Sharpton has done you no favor.

Your hands up and lives matter is a political agenda to introduce this country to a more militant "national guard" as a means to control our country internally. The inciters aren't interested in black lives. They want their Acorn paychecks. It is a ruse you are falling for.

Blacks, there are those of you who are getting paid to rile you up, and those of you who are following the sheep herders. Start following Ben Carson's mother's agenda. She knows how to make a black life matter...

Last edited:

The legacy of Lyndon Baines Johnson continues to haunt the United States.

Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni*gers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

Irish,

I am not sure where ACORN and paychecks fit into this discussion. I said the problems of the minorities, esp. blacks, stem from a variety of factors. Part of it is systemic racism. Part of it has to do with social breakdown of the family structure itself. Blacks are victims of discrimination, poverty, low pay, unequal justice, police brutality. It's not like they are treated with respect.

That said, I do not excuse the social breakdown of the community. Single parent households and violent lifestyle is partly to blame for their problems. But the poverty and police violence is not caused by blacks alone. These problems are caused by systemic racism towards blacks. It's not one or the other, it's a combination of everything.

What? Give "em" an inch and they will take a mile? You mean are you saying that you are in a position to decide what to give them and how much? Who gave you that power? Are you making these judgments fro the high horse you sit atop? You mean discrimination and racism is something the majority people "give" blacks and they want more of it? I don't understand why you are pretending to patronize blacks. What is it that YOU have given them and what more are they asking for from YOU?

I never said that I was in any position to do anything. I have no power, and have never claimed to have any power. I sit on no high horse, and never have. I do NOT engage in racism or discrimination. I do NOT patronize anyone, from any race. I have never ever claimed that I have given them anything. So, your point is?

I never said that I was in any position to do anything. I have no power, and have never claimed to have any power. I sit on no high horse, and never have. I do NOT engage in racism or discrimination. I do NOT patronize anyone, from any race. I have never ever claimed that I have given them anything. So, your point is?

You said: Give'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.

I said: Explain to us the analogy in refernce to what is an "inch" and what "mile" "they" have taken away from you. What specifically was offered to "them" that they are demanding be multiplied manyfolds to give them more benefits? Who is "they" in your statement? I assumed it was minority. And who is the giver here?

It seems like you're aggrieved someone is taking away more than they shuold. So what is it that they're taking away and asking more of? Who are you talking about? Why are you hurt about this?

The last paragraph in Williams column:

The bulk of today's problems for many blacks are a result of politicians and civil rights organizations using government in the name of helping blacks when in fact they are serving the purposes of powerful interest groups.

And those same politicians and civil rights organizations SCREAMING RACISM at EVERY FREAKING CHANCE.

You said: Give'em an inch, and they'll take a mile.

I said: Explain to us the analogy in refernce to what is an "inch" and what "mile" "they" have taken away from you. What specifically was offered to "them" that they are demanding be multiplied manyfolds to give them more benefits? Who is "they" in your statement? I assumed it was minority. And who is the giver here?

It seems like you're aggrieved someone is taking away more than they shuold. So what is it that they're taking away and asking more of? Who are you talking about? Why are you hurt about this?
I was talking about the opportunities in education, employment, promotions, housing, loans, etc.. No one has taken anything from me, I have never said they did or have. "They" are minorities. The giver is local governments, state governments, and the federal government. I'm not "aggrieved" about anything, and have not said nor implied otherwise. I'm NOT hurt about anything, and never said nor implied that I was hurt by anything. So, your point is?

I just find it amusing people blame civil rights organizations and politicians for blacks' problems. If that is the case then why aren't the blacks running away from civil rights organizations? Which politicians are exploiting blacks? Some people here seem to think blacks are being incited into violence by politicians and civil rights organizations.

What would you do if your unarmed family members were shot in the back? Sit on your butts and remain silent? Or go out and protest? Yes, stealing and burning and violence is wrong, but so is the original crime of the cops who murder Baltimore's citizens. I still fail to understand why some people here blame Sharpton for this violence. Do you blame Bush and Boehner and Palin for gun violence? I assume these politicians on the right are responsible for NRA and biker gang violence. So did you ask where is Boehner and Palin after the biker gang shootouts? Most were inspired by the gun culture. So why don't you implore NRA to give civic lessons to biker gangs and the white males who murder their wives and children in their bedrooms?

Racism has become another word that isn't used for what it means, but instead is used for the means it can help achieve.

You make no sense. You said they are taking away more than they should, to paraphrase you, not your exact words. And now you said you are not hurt. So should we assume it doesn't matter to you.

And I am still confused. Are you saying they are taking away more education and housing? Minorities are denied loans, are discriminated on the job, compensated in the form of AA, they don't have any more educational opportunities than you do. You blamed minorities for taking away more than they should, again paraphrasing you, not your exact words.

If you feel so strongly about minorities taking away more than they should, then you should start a movement to take away everything they've taken away from the giver, i.e. government. Deny them loans, deny them the opportunities. Because you said it: They're taking away more than they should. So why don't you vote for candidate who deny the minorities loans, education, housing and what not? Focus on taking it all away from the minorities if they are taking too much away from others. Deny them the above benefits or cut it down into pieces and throw a few pieces they way, again through the government, not you personally.

World that is pure bullshit. Today's blacks are being played like a fine violin. If black lives really mattered the blacks would have been on the street taking their communities back long ago.

All Americans are being played like a fine violin. As long as there are only 2 major parties, that will continue indefinitely.
BTW, you've struck a bad note in suggesting Blacks have enough collective autonomy to "take back their communities."
I don't think they ever lost them. I suppose black middle class flight occurs just as much as White middle class flight from urban blight. So who is left to "take back" anything!

Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963... "These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni*gers voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".

Yep. Maybe that old Conservative Democrat did say that but I have seen nothing to prove he did. He would have been a good Republican today if he did say it. A liberal wouldn't say that. But, the phrase "giving them a little something to quiet them down" has boomeranged. Now, Obama, represents that "giving" in Technicolor! But he really wasn't given anything, he earned it; thanks to the Democrats.

That said, I do not excuse the social breakdown of the community. Single parent households and violent lifestyle is partly to blame for their problems. But the poverty and police violence is not caused by blacks alone. These problems are caused by systemic racism towards blacks. It's not one or the other, it's a combination of everything.
Is the so called "problem In the Black community" a national problem or does the new media take a series of local urban problems and make it seem so? Given that 75% of Blacks live above the poverty level and 88% are not on welfare, most are as prone to be hardworking Christians as Whites are. Black Conservatism is far ore widespread than you might imagine.
It by far outpaces the minority thug sub-culture normally associated with the Black community!

The bulk of today's problems for many blacks are a result of politicians and civil rights organizations using government in the name of helping blacks when in fact they are serving the purposes of powerful interest groups.

I don't blame Blacks for watching the news and communicating with each other to make the best political choices for themselves on the whole. It would indeed be foolish to vote against one's own best interests in a 2 party system. I know many who started to vote Democrat when the KKK and other hate groups publically announced their support for the GOP.
The political chameleon effect ( when the south turned from blue to red) also has tremendous bearing on how Blacks vote nowadays. I think far too much emphasis is put on the influence of so-called black leaders in determining how vote. Black people are not the sheep some people think they are.

Yep. Maybe that old Conservative Democrat did say that but I have seen nothing to prove he did. He would have been a good Republican today if he did say it. A liberal wouldn't say that. But, the phrase "giving them a little something to quiet them down" has boomeranged. Now, Obama, represents that "giving" in Technicolor! But he really wasn't given anything, he earned it; thanks to the Democrats.

No, neither John Kennedy (Johnson's predecessor) nor Johnson, himself were "old Conservative Democrats". Just regressive democrats of that era, either of which would do anything to escalate the Vietnam police action. Not to mention, buy the votes of those nig*ers for the next 200 years by keeping them on WELFARE.
And nothing you've seen DISPROVES that he if fact said it to two fellow democrat, U.S. Senators while on Air Force One.

I don't blame Blacks for watching the news and communicating with each other to make the best political choices for themselves on the whole. It would indeed be foolish to vote against one's own best interests in a 2 party system. I know many who started to vote Democrat when the KKK and other hate groups publically announced their support for the GOP.
The political chameleon effect ( when the south turned from blue to red) also has tremendous bearing on how Blacks vote nowadays. I think far too much emphasis is put on the influence of so-called black leaders in determining how vote. Black people are not the sheep some people think they are.

Especially Walter Williams, the BLACK author of the above quote...And typical people are perfect dupes for today's MAIN STREAM MEDIA which Mr. Williams is obviously not a member. But this regressive media certainly knows how to stir up the shit with the poor mistreated blacks.

I agree with you in one sense. No today's blacks problems are not due to past slavery. It's due to current atmosphere of racism, injustice, discrimination, disrespect and much more. So yes, I still see blacks as oppressed partly by non-blacks. You can attribute some black problems to their own community. This does not absolve the racists of their crimes by any means.
prove this oppression, injustice, discrimination and

if there is any disrespect, it's well deserved

WS,

thanks for the bigoted video

Last edited:

Due to goddamn lies perpetrated by the black citizenry to squeeze every bit of pity and MONEY out of the SYSTEM...see Michael Brown. The two races will NEVER GET ALONG and as long as the black population continues their unwarranted charges of racism by the white community. SO FUCK IT. It will no doubt end in a race war if this shit keeps up. And guess who will win a race war if it EVER comes down to that?

Yep, they created the problem. They were born black.

Forum List

Back