How Big a Drop Next Week?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
With only a 3% drop today it is certain that a fairly sum of money came into the US market today as a safe haven. Next week sometime many EU companies will be headed for a P/dy (dy=dividend yield) in the teens. At that point or thereabouts greed will overcome fear and money will leave the US markets causing a large decline in the US market, how big of a decline would you expect?

P/dy (dy=dividend yield) in the teens

Dividend yield is dividend divided by price.

Price/ (dividend/price) = Price* Price / Dividend

What are you trying to say here?

With only a 3% drop today it is certain that a fairly sum of money came into the US market today as a safe haven. Next week sometime many EU companies will be headed for a P/dy (dy=dividend yield) in the teens. At that point or thereabouts greed will overcome fear and money will leave the US markets causing a large decline in the US market, how big of a decline would you expect?

Overall, a short-lived low-to-moderate drop, then fairly rapid recovery.

No one really cares that the globalists have been kicked squarely in the balls, except the globalists. EU nations are now lining up to get out.

The market doesn't give a shyt what England does. It is fairly normal for a drop at the end of the week. I expect a rise on Monday or Tuesday. Anything England has is a blip on the economics of the world.

There is no way of knowing that. Any answer would be a wild guess. Hell, the British government has no idea what is going to happen at this point. If previous shocks to the market are any guide, I would expect a recover Monday or Tuesday followed by a turbulent market for days, possibly weeks. There are so many unknown factors. Will parliament approve Bexit? What kind of terms will Brussels extend to the British. Will Scotland and Ireland seek independence from Britain? And of course the elephant in the room, will France and possibly other countries follow in Britain's footsteps? If this happens, it could lead to a collapse of the EU and a worldwide financial crisis which would certainly effect US equity markets.

The market doesn't give a shyt what England does. It is fairly normal for a drop at the end of the week. I expect a rise on Monday or Tuesday. Anything England has is a blip on the economics of the world.
The market certainly does care because this can effect earning of US stocks. Almost all high cap stocks have significant global exposure. And no, a 600 point fall at end of the week is certainly not normal.

The market certainly does care because this can effect earning of US stocks. Almost all high cap stocks have significant global exposure. And no, a 600 point fall at end of the week is certainly not normal.

The fat cats are using the vote as an excuse to take more of our money. A 3 percent drop is not something that should make a person crap themselves.

The fat cats are using the vote as an excuse to take more of our money. A 3 percent drop is not something that should make a person crap themselves.
I agree a 3% fall in the market is pretty meaningless to most investors. The fall in the market is not the result of anticipated impact on growth but rather fear of the unknown and there is lot unknown at this time.

With the Spanish election Sunday and more than a year of agitation for exit the next drop should be soon.

Forum List

Back