How about some good news instead of the Beast?

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Locally, a young couple has given up their traditional thanksgiving to help out the community. They have called on everyone, rich or poor, family or lonely, to join them for Thanksgiving lunch. Even rented out the Senior Citizens building for it. When they told their family and friends about their decision a couple months ago, they all decided to join them. All are chipping in and donating their day.

Somewhere, don't know where, a repo man has done something awesome. He went to repo a Buick from a 75 year or so old couple. They had missed some payments, so he went and got it. Drove a little while, called the bank and bought the car for them. I almost guarantee that doesn't happen a lot.

I think both of these are completely awesome.

Something to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

You're right ... we could use some good stories like this for a change. One of my daughter's friends back in VA is also inviting people to come to her home for Thanksgiving. Don't know if my daughter will be going ... her house is usually the gathering place but seeing as how her plumbing blew up and destroyed the entire downstairs of her house there will be no cooking or anything else until all the repair work is completed.

You're right ... we could use some good stories like this for a change. One of my daughter's friends back in VA is also inviting people to come to her home for Thanksgiving. Don't know if my daughter will be going ... her house is usually the gathering place but seeing as how her plumbing blew up and destroyed the entire downstairs of her house there will be no cooking or anything else until all the repair work is completed.
That sucks! I went through something similar a few months ago.. on smaller scale, though.. Good luck to her!

The local diner here is family run and was always closed on Thanksgiving until two years ago. Now they open for a free Thanksgiving buffet midday. Donations, if anyone wants to make one, go to a local fund raising effort.

The local diner here is family run and was always closed on Thanksgiving until two years ago. Now they open for a free Thanksgiving buffet midday. Donations, if anyone wants to make one, go to a local fund raising effort.
That's awesome!

Thank you. You know, good things do happen. My daughter's friend goes back to their high school days. She's had a solid marriage all these years - both working their asses off and raising their children in a trailer. Not trailer trash by any stretch of the imagination - both are very talented people - she's an great cook and cake creator/decorator and he does amazing decorative stuff with welding. They scrimped and saved and family was number one with them - their oldest child entered college this year and they finally just moved into the house of their dreams - and it's a beauty. They are so happy and thankful they want to share their good fortune with all the many friends they have made over the years.

Forum List

Back