How about a brand new 1978 Corvette

Any clean 78 'Vette or Cameo pickup is compelling now! Many unpopular options make a car MORE desirable now! (Offhand: radio delete on a muscle car.)

I remember once when I was a kid...we were visiting relatives in Wisconsin. I just have this vague memory of a barn door opening and seeing a perfectly preserved Model T sitting inside. I was old enough to appreciate what I was seeing, and I remember my parents talking about it. Wonder what ever became of it. This would have been in the early 60s.

And when I was much younger I had a 1941 Ford pickup, completely restored. Or my boyfriend did, I should say. Everybody likes the 1940, but for some reason he liked the 1941...I can't remember what the difference was...something about the windows, I think.

Last edited:
Barn Find.

My dear old spinster Aunt Teresa had no car and rented her garage to a soldier going off to WWII in 1943. He put his car in it for the "duration," and paid Aunt Teresa $5 a month until he was killed in battle. She never gave it another thought until she paid some guys to clean out her garage when I was in high school (in 1966).

That's all I know about it. I had looked in the garage a couple times and seen "a car," but have no idea what it was or what its condition was. But imagine...she PAID THESE GUYS to take the car away. Wonder what ever became of it.

I remember once when I was a kid...we were visiting relatives in Wisconsin. I just have this vague memory of a barn door opening and seeing a perfectly preserved Model T sitting inside. I was old enough to appreciate what I was seeing, and I remember my parents talking about it. Wonder what ever became of it. This would have been in the early 60s.

And when I was much younger I had a 1941 Ford pickup, completely restored. Or my boyfriend did, I should say. Everybody likes the 1940, but for some reason he liked the 1941...I can't remember what the difference was...something about the windows, I think.

1940 had "V8" on the tailgate and the flathead 8 standard, 1941 didn't and had the 4-banger standard. AFAIK, that's about it...1941 was basically a carryover truck.

It will be interesting to see how much these all go for.

Not as much as it's gonna cost to fix them.

I'd bet I could drive most of them out of there. Been there and done that!

There's a fair chance the ones inside will be in good shape, but the ones in the field will need major rehab. I remember he had a lot near the dealership where the cars had actually sunk to the door panels in the mud. Those were moved out years ago. Not sure where they went to.

Whether they will run has nothing to do with it. Once the fiberglass has seperated you are going to be in it for ridiculous money.

What in the world are you talking about?!?!

Note: I HAVE gotten cars running that had say for years...including one that was parked in 1978 and driven out of that carport in 2007!

Early 70's to mid 80's Chevy was pretty much total junk. It is still junk to this day except when they outsource, but it was just total trash then.

Early 70's to mid 80's Chevy was pretty much total junk. It is still junk to this day except when they outsource, but it was just total trash then.

Here's hoping a whole lot of folks think just like you do and stay away, then maybe I can get my hands on a 60's gem (like that's gonna happen).

Here's hoping a whole lot of folks think just like you do and stay away, then maybe I can get my hands on a 60's gem (like that's gonna happen).

You will likely be bidding against mega rich collectors around the world. Like Saudi Sheiks & Jay Leno.

They have money to burn!
290.jpg

Big show is tomorrow. Lots of rumors as to big hitters already there. This is going to be a circus! Heading out at 5AM.

This is going to be the old farts Woodstock!

Big show is tomorrow. Lots of rumors as to big hitters already there. This is going to be a circus! Heading out at 5AM.

This is going to be the old farts Woodstock!

I cant wait for you to report back!!! Have fun and enjoy the show tomorrow.

Back from the auction and I'm exhausted. No celebrity sightings and way too many people

Nearly impossible to get a good look at most of the "new" cars.

Some quick highlights, the nap time

A single dealer poster sold for 3700.00!!!

The Cameo pick up 140K
Apache over 90k
Corvette 76K
One impala over 90K
Three others between 70 and 90K

Rained early morning so 10 thousand plus people stood in muddy mess.

Long waits for food and bathrooms. Fun to see the old cars. Well worth the effort.

Forum List

Back