How about a brand new 1978 Corvette

I am from this part of the Country and have sat in many of these cars. Actually that was in 1980.

Rumors started flying around about him auctioning these off back in 1985. Now it's finally going to happen. Will probably go watch even though I won't be nearly wealthy enough to buy one.

The Ultimate Barn Find: Chevrolet Dealership Is Unearthed Decades After It Was Locked Up - Carscoops

The "New" cars have NEVER been titled.

Oh how I wish I had the money to buy one!

Some rich guy, please buy me that truck....I don't know why, I don't even like trucks, but I want that one.

Back from the auction and I'm exhausted. No celebrity sightings and way too many people

Nearly impossible to get a good look at most of the "new" cars.

Some quick highlights, the nap time

A single dealer poster sold for 3700.00!!!

The Cameo pick up 140K
Apache over 90k
Corvette 76K
One impala over 90K
Three others between 70 and 90K

Rained early morning so 10 thousand plus people stood in muddy mess.

Long waits for food and bathrooms. Fun to see the old cars. Well worth the effort.

:lol: Now I know why I wanted that truck. It's the most expensive, even more expensive than the Corvette, can I spot 'em or what? I swear I didn't know when I saw that picture, that truck just jumped out at me.

I am from this part of the Country and have sat in many of these cars. Actually that was in 1980.

Rumors started flying around about him auctioning these off back in 1985. Now it's finally going to happen. Will probably go watch even though I won't be nearly wealthy enough to buy one.

The Ultimate Barn Find: Chevrolet Dealership Is Unearthed Decades After It Was Locked Up - Carscoops

Some rich guy, please buy me that truck....I don't know why, I don't even like trucks, but I want that one.

NOW you tell me!

Lol

Back from the auction and I'm exhausted. No celebrity sightings and way too many people

Nearly impossible to get a good look at most of the "new" cars.

Some quick highlights, the nap time

A single dealer poster sold for 3700.00!!!

The Cameo pick up 140K
Apache over 90k
Corvette 76K
One impala over 90K
Three others between 70 and 90K

Rained early morning so 10 thousand plus people stood in muddy mess.

Long waits for food and bathrooms. Fun to see the old cars. Well worth the effort.

NADA has the Cameo at $54k, so it seems to prove the the 1% have a lot of money.

yes it is quite the experience

most are in pretty rough shape

the new ones have 1.5 t 10 miles on the odometer

the used ones 30 to 50 thousand miles

but you can watch it live for the second half on Sunday

you can bid if you have a credit card with at least 10 thousand dollar credit line

and you have to qualify starts at 930 am

VanDerBrink Auctions/Collector Cars/Antique Tractors/Online/Auctions/Video/Photos/inventory

I hope the cars are cleaned up for the auction and they take lots of pictures! That'd be something to behold!

They were not cleaned up which amazed me, but with the prices they brought it seems an OK decision. I took some photos of the actual condition of the cars, but probably just as easy to go online and see them. All of the cars had the hoods and trunks open for inspection. Not only were they not cleaned up, but they had piles if sticks, dirt and branches, from cutting down the trees that had grown through and around them left where they were. It was sad to see that, but refreshing to see that they actually weren't trying to hide those facts. They left them, as much as possible, as they were for the last 50 years.

I was able to talk to a few of the winning bidders and dozens that brought 50K, from as far away as Alaska and New Zealand hoping to get one of the NOS cars. They settled for used cars.

I think the most reasonable "NEW" cars that sold was the Corvair van. The thing had a pile of something in the back, not sure what it was, but other than that it was in incredible shape. One of the few that sold below 20k that actually looked like it would take little to get it up and running while looking good at the same time. It sold for 19K.

The chrome on most of the cars were in remarkable shape, but at least 25% of the cars were missing their radiators, likely from parts thieves.

Last edited:
I hope the cars are cleaned up for the auction and they take lots of pictures! That'd be something to behold!

They were not cleaned up which amazed me, but with the prices they brought it seems an OK decision. I took some photos of the actual condition of the cars, but probably just as easy to go online and see them.

I was able to talk to a few of the winning bidders and dozens that brought 50K, from as far away as Alaska and New Zealand hoping to get one of the NOS cars.

I think the most reasonable "NEW" cars that sold was the Corvair van. The thing had a pile of something in the back, not sure what it was, but other than that it was in incredible shape. One of the few that sold below 20k that actually looked like it would take little to get it up and running while looking good at the same time. It sold for 19K.

The chrome on most of the cars were in remarkable shape, but at least 25% of the cars were missing their radiators, likely from parts thieves.

we got guys down there today again

plus proxy bid

Friday was open house people came and went at no time was the less then 3000 people

scoping it out

They were not cleaned up which amazed me, but with the prices they brought it seems an OK decision. I took some photos of the actual condition of the cars, but probably just as easy to go online and see them.

I was able to talk to a few of the winning bidders and dozens that brought 50K, from as far away as Alaska and New Zealand hoping to get one of the NOS cars.

plus proxy bid

Friday was open house people came and went at no time was the less then 3000 people

scoping it out

Most likely the prices should be more reasonable today, will be interesting to see though, so many left empty handed yesterday.

plus proxy bid

scoping it out

Most likely the prices should be more reasonable today, will be interesting to see though, so many left empty handed yesterday.

the auction is starting right now

Have to head o the shop

Talk to you this evening

plus i heard top gear on the history channel did a special last night

history live

I have a 72 Chevelle SS 396. Bought it from a guy that bought it, something happened to him where he couldn't drive so he walled it into his living room (yep) where it sat for 18 years (yep). He died, bought it from his kids who had to tear down the living room wall to get it out (yep). Siphoned the turpentine, put fuel in it, fired right up. The tires were square from sitting so long so that was a little challenge :)

plus proxy bid

scoping it out

Have to head o the shop

Talk to you this evening

history live

The history channel show was pretty good! Really gave a good overview of the whole thing without having to fight the crowd.

plus proxy bid

scoping it out

Have to head o the shop

Talk to you this evening

history live

How was day two? Did the crowd shrink and were the prices reasonable? Didn't find day two auction results on proxibid. Just curious.

Have to head o the shop

Talk to you this evening

history live

How was day two? Did the crowd shrink and were the prices reasonable? Didn't find day two auction results on proxibid. Just curious.

proxibid was pretty bumpy today prices all over the board

I have a 72 Chevelle SS 396. Bought it from a guy that bought it, something happened to him where he couldn't drive so he walled it into his living room (yep) where it sat for 18 years (yep). He died, bought it from his kids who had to tear down the living room wall to get it out (yep). Siphoned the turpentine, put fuel in it, fired right up. The tires were square from sitting so long so that was a little challenge :)

cool story

thanks

my first vehicle was a 1960 chevy 1/2 ton low miles 3 on the tree

25 bucks

and a condition

giving Laura and Ingvald a ride to the locker plant and getting the weekly newspaper

every Saturday

Pass.

It would spend more time in the shop than on the road.

Pass.

It would spend more time in the shop than on the road.

No. Have you ever actually DRIVEN a C3 Corvette?

You guys don't get it do you. You don't buy a car like this to actually drive it, it's to make $$$$$$. However, it sold for too much money, like most everything in that auction. STUPID, STUPID PEOPLE.

Forum List

Back