How 14 People Made More Money....

......Than the Entire Food Stamp Budget for 50 Million People

For the second year in a row, America's richest 14 individuals made more from their annual investments than the $80 billion provided for people in need of food. Nearly half of the food-deprived are children. Perversely, the food stamp program was CUT because of a lack of federal funding.

How 14 People Made More Money Than the Entire Food Stamp Budget for 50 Million People Alternet

The koch rimmers must be proud.

So what?

Made vs Earned.
What difference does that make? They used their money to make money. Ever hear of a 401k? Employee stock option plan? Income fund? Variable annuity?
Buy an hold blue chip stocks? Tax free muni bonds?

The two are one and the same.

Earning is pay from a job.

Making is from efforts of those that earn.

Employees make the employer all of his money.
Yes yes yes. Workers unite! Rise against the machine!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Hey genius, without the ideas, without the capital, without the investors,
without the marketplace, there are no jobs.
Jesus Christ

In order for there to be a huge ass middle class there must be a few at each end of thew scale.

Some poor.

Others rich.

Do what's best to not only preserve the status quo for the majority of our people, including those climbing into that middle class for the first time, but also watch out for the poor.

And the rich will just continue broadening and deepening our nation's prosperity.

Communism won't work in real life the way you bright boys want it to.

It's been tried numerous times and cost over 100,000,000 lives in the process.

So why don't you get wise to the fact it just doesn't work???

You are really idiots, you know?

The rich do nothing to broaden and deepen our nations prosperity, it's the middle class that does.
Just shut up already.

So they should tell us what they are investing in....

Other peoples ideas and products, other peoples efforts, deferring taxes forever.

When you talk like that it's hard to imagine you as a "1%'er"

Much like Bill Gates used someone else's operating system to start Microsoft, I exploited my employees skills and connections to make millions. The difference between myself and the majority, I rewarded my employees with superior pay and benefits.
Gates had an idea. He made himself and a lot of other people very rich using that idea.
You had that luxury, Many small business owners do not. In fact many small business owners will defer their own paychecks so that they can pay their employees.
Not paying above market wage is in no way to be construed as exploitation. Of course convincing a lib like you to not use hyperbole and ten second sound bites while sitting side saddle on your soap box is a waste of keystrokes.

You sure are a jealous little bitch

Let's suppose I close my restaurant which has thousands of dollars worth of cookware and stoves and food and you know the thing the labor uses to make all of us money. What is their labor worth without my investment? Oh that's right, nothing.

Why would you close your restaurant?
Just to piss you off.

Yeah, but they are only able to do that because the owner took a chance with his money and hired them. Without him, those people would be jobless. If someone has a great idea, they can either attempt to sell that idea themselves, or they can take much less risk and do it with some other guys money. Its their choice, so its not like they are being forced into anything,in fact, im guessing they are quite happy to be employed by the owner.

Im very thankful that the owner of my company employs me. I have no problem with the fact that he makes more money than me, because he SHOULD make more money than me.

You're thankful that the owner employs you? Shouldn't that be the other way around?
The employer is thankful to have good reliable skilled employees, yes. It cuts both ways. The thanks is that piece of paper one gets at the end of the week( or bi weekly) with those numerals on it.

Without the employer the employees wouldn't have a job.

Without employees the employer wouldn't have a business.
Sure he would,. He would just downsize to the point where he did not need anyone's help. Or he could contract out the labor and let someone else worry about the taxes and benefits. Those are called "temps"...Business owners will do what they must to survive. Get it?

And the employer pays the employee.

How much do you pay a employee that makes you all of your money?
First, there is no such thing as an "employee that makes his employer all of his money"
To answer the question, an appropriate market rate wage for the skill level possessed by the employee.
Plus any year and bonus commensurate with outstanding performance and preset goals..

Other peoples ideas and products, other peoples efforts, deferring taxes forever.

Much like Bill Gates used someone else's operating system to start Microsoft, I exploited my employees skills and connections to make millions. The difference between myself and the majority, I rewarded my employees with superior pay and benefits.

There is absolutely, positively ZERO chance that you ever owned, or operated a business. NONE, it isn't even up for debate. I peg you as a sophomore in college who works part time at a fast food joint while racking up massive student loans to pay for your progress towards an undergrad in women's studies.
One percenter once claimed to own a 9,000 sf house.
I think he lives in a hovel or a trailer park.
Either that or he's from Jersey because he complains about everything. And no one complains more than a Garden Stater. Those people are fucking miserable democrat voting whiners.

There is absolutely, positively ZERO chance that you ever owned, or operated a business. NONE, it isn't even up for debate. I peg you as a sophomore in college who works part time at a fast food joint while racking up massive student loans to pay for your progress towards an undergrad in women's studies.
One percenter once claimed to own a 9,000 sf house.
I think he lives in a hovel or a trailer park.
Either that or he's from Jersey because he complains about everything. And no one complains more than a Garden Stater. Those people are fucking miserable democrat voting whiners.

I'm telling you guys, onepercenter lives in a dorm room. He's a college sophomore. Give him some slack, we all knew EVERYTHING at 20 years old.

I'm telling you guys, onepercenter lives in a dorm room. He's a college sophomore. Give him some slack, we all knew EVERYTHING at 20 years old.

Fact: The middle class works to support themselves and the wealthy.

The company that I Angel Invest, primarily due to huge expansion, has turned through mutual agreement into a long range investment. The two principals of the company run all daily operations. I sit around in my underwear making my portfolio $6m/yr.

The sign of a successful business owner is when you've hired correctly and never have to show up to work.

First, there is no such thing as an "employee that makes his employer all of his money"
To answer the question, an appropriate market rate wage for the skill level possessed by the employee.
Plus any year and bonus commensurate with outstanding performance and preset goals..

I made $6M last year sans investments. I never lifted a finger for any. So who made all of my money for me? Hint: The people that work for me. They are called employees.

Forum List

Back