Houston Livestock show bans guns

August West

Platinum Member
Sep 5, 2014
The president and CEO of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo told reporters "it`s our goal to promote a family-friendly atmosphere, we don`t think the private carry of handguns is conducive to that". In 2015 they began prohibiting concealed carry and began wanding visitors entering the grounds. This year they will begin using magnetometers similar to those used at Houston Texan games to check for prohibited items. What`s happening to Texas???? You never know when a bull will go crazy and charge the crowd for no reason.

The president and CEO of the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo told reporters "it`s our goal to promote a family-friendly atmosphere, we don`t think the private carry of handguns is conducive to that". In 2015 they began prohibiting concealed carry and began wanding visitors entering the grounds. This year they will begin using magnetometers similar to those used at Houston Texan games to check for prohibited items. What`s happening to Texas???? You never know when a bull will go crazy and charge the crowd for no reason.

The Rodeo has the right to do this but it will not stop the gang members in that area from carrying to the show and just keeping it outside the event. It is not the average individual you have to worry about but the drunk gang member or cowboy that come across each other, and in that part of town it has a heavy gang problem not too far down the road...

A big Tejano event goes on during the Rodeo, and with drinking and stupid idiots of Houston and this region I can understand why they banned guns from being carried...

texas.jpg

If you've ever been to the Houston Livestock Show And Rodeo you'd realize it's a no brainer.
A whole lot of drinking going on.

Well......Virgina allowed concealed carry in bars last year....and violence in the bars went down 5.2%.....so it does take some brains to understand that normal people carrying guns are not the problem

If you've ever been to the Houston Livestock Show And Rodeo you'd realize it's a no brainer.

Well......Virgina allowed concealed carry in bars last year....and violence in the bars went down 5.2%.....so it does take some brains to understand that normal people carrying guns are not the problem

You're talking a quarter million people who drink all day long.
If you could guarantee the CHL holders wouldnt be drinking i'd be alright with it.
But you have to remember it's not just a rodeo it's also one of the biggest BBQ cook offs on the planet and these people stay up all hours of the night drinking and BBQing and fights are not uncommon.

There's just to many people drinking for long periods for there not to be any problems.

If you could guarantee the CHL holders wouldnt be drinking i'd be alright with it.
But you have to remember it's not just a rodeo it's also one of the biggest BBQ cook offs on the planet and these people stay up all hours of the night drinking and BBQing and fights are not uncommon.

There's just to many people drinking for long periods for there not to be any problems.

Except......can you show how allowing normal people, who know they can't carry and drink are a problem? I could go there all day long, carry a bazooka and never use it on anyone......

Just a minor point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

CHL holders in Texas may not exercise their privilege to carry if they have been drinking alcohol. Violation could result in CHL being revoked.

Except......can you show how allowing normal people, who know they can't carry and drink are a problem? I could go there all day long, carry a bazooka and never use it on anyone......

Unfortunately not all CHL holders adhere to the rules.
Like I said though..if you've ever been on a cook off team and spent three or four days in a row with little sleep and lots of beer and witnessed some of the stupidity I have,you might not think that way about this particular event.

Just a minor point. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

CHL holders in Texas may not exercise their privilege to carry if they have been drinking alcohol. Violation could result in CHL being revoked.

Exactly right. But that wouldnt stop them from putting it in the truck and getting hammered all the while having honest intentions of following the rules.
Until the Wild Turkey kicks in and some jughead makes a pass at his girlfriend.

Houston is controlled by die-hard Liberals. It wouldn't be surprising to find out of the rodeo recently ran into a shitload of bureaucratic bullshit, that would prevent the event from being held. Unless, of course, the rodeo acquiesced to certain conditions.

Did you notice how perfectly balanced the stock is with the barrel and trigger mechanism? I thought you looked at it closely.

armed.jpg

Hey dude, your knowledge of bulls is based entirely on diddly squat, so it's a safe bet you don't know jack about anything you're talking about here on this thread.

A cowboy on a horse is all you need to take care of a misbehaving bull. Problem solved.

And while I agree with this one hundred percent you also have to look at the liability.
You know damn well they'd get the shit sued out of them if someone got shot killed.

And if someone is shot and killed because they banned guns they should also be sued out of existence........what is good for the gun grabbers is also good for those who support Freedom and common sense.

True enough.
But if they come out and say they banned guns they aren't the ones who broke the rules and suing them and winning becomes more difficult.

I know I wouldnt want to be there on Tejano night with a bunch of beaners drinking and packing heat.

Houston is controlled by die-hard Liberals. It wouldn't be surprising to find out of the rodeo recently ran into a shitload of bureaucratic bullshit, that would prevent the event from being held. Unless, of course, the rodeo acquiesced to certain conditions.

I don't know where you get this, unless you are talking about the actual incorporated city of Houston which includes the Heights, Montrose and downtown area. And even then I think you're way off because River Oaks ain't full of Democrats and they are the ones with all the money. Memorial area is the next section with the most influence and that's where GHW Bush and Babs live. Sorry, you're full of Livestock Show and Rodeo b.s.

I was in Houston a couple of weeks ago and I didn't see any open carry. None. The two people I were with, lifelong Houstonians, said the same thing: the open carry law was a waste of time and money. The opposite is happening: businesses and events which rely heavily on family patronage don't want guns on display. This isn't Syria or Yemen no matter how much the rednecks want it to be.

Forum List

Back