Household income

I would spend more of your time being concerned with government spending than taxation friend.
I live in an area that has one massive military installation.
And it is surrounded by 100 or more government contractor businesses.
I won't elaborate beyond that, other than to say - the shear volume of over billing and wasted taxpayer dollars is a level of insanity that you can only imagine. However bad you can think it is... it is exponentially worse than that.
I would say within 100 miles of my home amounts to easily $50-$100 billion a year of over billing.
Easy.

"when the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic," ~Benjamin Franklin​

I think our republic ended long ago because people have found this out.

"when the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic," ~Benjamin Franklin​

Not really.
Modern, post 1970s, corporatism is your greatest enemy.
It's not even close.
They control Washington 110%. They control information at least 98%.
They are why the middle class is getting eliminated. And the Democrats are just as in bed with them as any Republican you can name.

Conservatives wouldn't vote them out as much as you think, if they did, they aren't really conservatives.
Democrats would... all of them. 100%

You are underestimating the undecided. They are easily swayed by rhetoric. The rhetoric against budget cuts is brutal. "The republicans want to kill your grandma." "The republicans hate the children." "The republicans each ate a baby for breakfast this morning."

Undecided voters are actually more stupid than the partisan nut jobs out there.

Not really.
Modern, post 1970s, corporatism is your greatest enemy.
It's not even close.
They control Washington 110%. They control information at least 98%.
They are why the middle class is getting eliminated. And the Democrats are just as in bed with them as any Republican you can name.
So corporates figured out how to convince people to vote in ways to get themselves money?

You are underestimating the undecided. They are easily swayed by rhetoric. The rhetoric against budget cuts is brutal. "The republicans want to kill your grandma." "The republicans hate the children." "The republicans each ate a baby for breakfast this morning."

Undecided voters are actually more stupid than the partisan nut jobs out there.
You are underestimating the Democrats. Who is doing all of that yelling every time Republicans offer cuts?

Sadly, most of the political class encourages it because they get their piece and it buys votes.

So corporates figured out how to convince people to vote in ways to get themselves money?
Uh... yeah!!... where you been??

divide.jpg

Well. In my experience when someone proposes that a program should be eliminated or reduced they end up naming something else that should be added or increased. People like government goodies. There is a famous meme that says, "Keep Your Government Hands Off of My Social Security". That pretty much sums up the mentality of every single American. They all want goodies but don't want anybody else to have them. That reality is hard to work with. Local governments and state governments can do cuts sometimes and get away with it. That's hard for them too. I think if there was spending cuts a lot of congress would disappear in the next election.

I'm sorry. Benjamin Franklin predicted it when he said...............
…. “If you can keep it.”

There is a famous meme that says, "Keep Your Government Hands Off of My Social Security".
Poor comparison. SS is not welfare. It IS an insurance policy sold by the federal government. Like all insurance policies, it is a gamble that you will die before you exhaust your contributions. In my family's experience, the government is ahead. My grandfather paid into SS from inception until 1962 and collected for less than six months. My father paid into it from 1938 until 1975 and never collected a dime. Other recipients have much different outcomes and live decades. Insurance companies are providing annuities that they are making bank on for providing virtually the same guarantees. The problem isn't that program. The problem, as many posters, have pointed out--government waste and social programs that don't pay for themselves.

I just have to make the best life for myself that I can. I'm very excited about this year. I plan for it to be the first time I haven't voted since 2002. I want to watch everything go to hell while I take a stab at getting to heaven. I was elected to office in 2020 after three attempts. I've seen too much. There is no fixing things.

I just have to make the best life for myself that I can. I'm very excited about this year. I plan for it to be the first time I haven't voted since 2002. I want to watch everything go to hell while I take a stab at getting to heaven. I was elected to office in 2020 after three attempts. I've seen too much. There is no fixing things.
What office do you hold?

What office do you hold?
I was removed from office on August 31, 2022. I was elected to the Board of Education. 27,000 + people voted for me. 1 judge was more powerful than them. I can't respect a system that allows that. I can't respect a population that wasn't outraged over that.

I was removed from office on August 31, 2022. I was elected to the Board of Education. 27,000 + people voted for me. 1 judge was more powerful than them. I can't respect a system that allows that. I can't respect a population that wasn't outraged over that.
That’s sort of like 1 judge deciding to fine Trump half-a-billion dollars and force him to sell off properties to raise the funds, all within 30 days, to weigh him down and distract him in his run for the presidency.

”We the people” have lost power, whether it’s one person overriding 27,000 voters for a Board of Election official, or a small committee depriving millions of Republicans from choosing their nominee by kicking their preferred candidate off the ballot.

Sorry for your experience with the School Board.

That’s sort of like 1 judge deciding to fine Trump half-a-billion dollars and force him to sell off properties to raise the funds, all within 30 days, to weigh him down and distract him in his run for the presidency.

”We the people” have lost power, whether it’s one person overriding 27,000 voters for a Board of Election official, or a small committee depriving millions of Republicans from choosing their nominee by kicking their preferred candidate off the ballot.

Sorry for your experience with the School Board.
I am in communication with some of the School Board members. They are aware that just because something is illegal doesn't mean it can't be done. You have to take into account human nature. I was too confident of the strength of the first amendment and our system of checks and balances. Humans are humans. Sometimes those humans are in powerful positions either officially or unofficially.

If the electorate so quietly allowed a judge to overthrow an election then I don't see the people worthy of good people holding office. I plan not to vote at all this year.

Forum List

Back