Household income

I am in communication with some of the School Board members. They are aware that just because something is illegal doesn't mean it can't be done. You have to take into account human nature. I was too confident of the strength of the first amendment and our system of checks and balances. Humans are humans. Sometimes those humans are in powerful positions either officially or unofficially.

If the electorate so quietly allowed a judge to overthrow an election then I don't see the people worthy of good people holding office. I plan not to vote at all this year.
You‘re making it easier for Biden to win.

You‘re making it easier for Biden to win.
If the constitution is only a decoration then I have a corrupted world view. I'm not qualified to make decisions such as who the president is. I won't lose any sleep if Biden wins. As far as I'm concerned, my country died way before I was born. I just didn't realize it until recently.

So basically it wasn't you holding that sign but you support the guy holding that sign?
I fail to see your comparison. You are suggesting the government not deliver on an insurance policy that has been paid by mandate and then you want to penalize the people receiving what they paid for because the government mismanaged the program and overspent on bureaucracy. As many have already told you--the problem isn't with taxation--the problem is with over spending.

I fail to see your comparison. You are suggesting the government not deliver on an insurance policy that has been paid by mandate and then you want to penalize the people receiving what they paid for because the government mismanaged the program and overspent on bureaucracy. As many have already told you--the problem isn't with taxation--the problem is with over spending.

Social Security was never intended to last forever. It was just supposed to last until FDR died. It did.

Social Security was never intended to last forever. It was just supposed to last until FDR died. It did.
That is patently false. The demise of SS security was when the congress discovered it was growing and it could be used in the general fund. After that, they decided it would be a safety net for any societal ill they could imagine. SS disability, aid to dependents on disability or death of the account holder until they are 26 years old. The fund was never designed to be used for those purposes.

"In 2022, the federal government collected over $2.6 trillion in income taxes, accounting for 52% of total revenue." usafacts.org February 29, 2024

"The IRS processed more than 262.8 million federal tax returns during FY 2022, of which 160.6 million were the tax returns of individuals, and of that total, 150.6 million were e-filed, or almost 94% of all individual tax returns." irs.gov February 29, 2024

So why is the federal government spending $6 trillion that we don't have on things we don't need or have to have right now?

So why is the federal government spending $6 trillion that we don't have on things we don't need or have to have right now?
It's amusing that all of these progs make these seagull posts (flies around, makes a lot of noise, shits all over the place and flies away) and then disappear without addressing the issues that were presented in opposition.

It's amusing that all of these progs make these seagull posts (flies around, makes a lot of noise, shits all over the place and flies away) and then disappear without addressing the issues that were presented in opposition.
Yep. I did the math indicating how much $3 trillion dollars costs Americans per capita, and he ignored that and accused me of not knowing how to use an adding machine and calculator. :)

And he ignored the argument that it isn't healthy that roughly 50% of Americans pay little or nothing in taxes but vote for the people who pass the legislation for how much we all will be required to pay. If everybody, even in a small way, incurred the consequences of tax policy, I think their attention to who is legislating the taxes might be very different. And there wouldn't be as much silly talk about taxing the rich to pay these outrageous and irresponsible spending bills.

The left does not seem to be able to think critically or beyond their assigned talking points. If $3 trillion in spending by government costs roughly $1,000 per person, it really doesn't matter who pays it. If the spending is unnecessary, the result is either inflation due to worthless money being printed to cover it or less money in the bank for people to borrow who need it or less invested in businesses who have less profit and are less able to hire as many people or pay as well or provide good benefits

Yep. I did the math indicating how much $3 trillion dollars costs Americans per capita, and he ignored that and accused me of not knowing how to use an adding machine and calculator. :)

And he ignored the argument that it isn't healthy that roughly 50% of Americans pay little or nothing in taxes but vote for the people who pass the legislation for how much we all will be required to pay. If everybody, even in a small way, incurred the consequences of tax policy, I think their attention to who is legislating the taxes might be very different. And there wouldn't be as much silly talk about taxing the rich to pay these outrageous and irresponsible spending bills.

The left does not seem to be able to think critically or beyond their assigned talking points. If $3 trillion in spending by government costs roughly $1,000 per person, it really doesn't matter who pays it. If the spending is unnecessary, the result is either inflation due to worthless money being printed to cover it or less money in the bank for people to borrow who need it or less invested in businesses who have less profit and are less able to hire as many people or pay as well or provide good benefits
Calm down and show us your plan. Nobody said your plan was bad because nobody has seen it yet. Geez. Calm down and show us your plan.

That's easy. Every single dad gum American is liberal as f----. They will tell you to cut $10 of spending on somebody else but tell you that they need $20 of government money for themselves. Spending cuts won't work. They'd be too many murderers on the loose. I mean. I would do it if I was a dictator but not if I was elected. Do you want your social security that is over 1/4th of the budget and want me to cut 1/5,000th of the budget on something else? Be honest. You want free government goodies too. Everybody does. They just don't want others to have them. Just be an honest mother fucker. Every single American wants tons of government goodies. You can't cut spending in that kind of political reality.

I mean if I was dictator, I'd cut every single thing that wasn't a government function. You'd come murder me for not getting your government goodies. Am I right? Politicians don't like being murdered last time I checked.

Last edited:
Be honest. You want free government goodies too. Everybody does.
You're projecting. The only things government should provide are roads and infrastructure and military and consumer protections. No welfare, no social programs, and if you want to take away SS--pay back every penny that has been taken from the participants. I'm good with that. It is clear you are not and you think you speak for everyone. I'm here to tell you, you don't speak for me. I believe the government should operate like I do. Balanced budget with NO DEBT.

Forum List

Back