House Republicans vote on resolution to probe Trump-Comey, turn it into probe of Clinton-Comey

Aug 6, 2012
I never believed it but maybe some of you are right, this could very well blow up in the faces of the Democrats. The GOP have taken Trumps advise and that which any liberty loving libertarian who believes in fair and equal justice and the Rule of Law. They are going after Clinton's crimes:

House Republicans vote on resolution to probe Trump-Comey, turn it into probe of Clinton-Comey

Republicans argued otherwise, sometimes suggesting that Jayapal’s amendment asked the committee to repeat work that special counsel Robert Mueller was already doing, and sometimes suggesting that the Mueller investigation was unfair.

“They’re not focused on things like the Clinton Foundation functionally selling access to the State Department; they’re not worried about selling uranium to the Russians; they’re not worried about unmasking,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., another amendment sponsor, referring to Democrats.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, another sponsor, suggested a probe of Comey’s interactions with sources, the Obama administration, and especially former Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch. After referring to part of the amendment that asked for documents about Lynch’s tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton in Phoenix, just a few days before her FBI interview, Jordan argued that Comey also needed to explain why he followed apparent advice from Lynch to call the Clinton email probe a “matter” instead of an investigation.

“Last time I checked, he wasn’t director of the Federal Bureau of Matters,” said Jordan. “We’ve got all these investigations about Putin’s influence in our election. How about the Obama administration’s influence on our election?

Democrats, lacking the votes to stop the amendment, expressed their amazement at the Republican push. “This is the most astonishing moment I’ve ever experienced in the Judiciary Committee,” said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. “To take a question about the firing of James B. Comey and turn it into a question about Hillary Clinton? The chairman has left the room. Justice has left this room. Common sense has left this room. A lot of stuff has left this room, and maybe never entered it.”

But the amendment passed, and the altered resolution passed on a 16-13 partisan vote, giving it a chance to be approved by the House.

Last edited:
Yeah, NaziCons always want to probe something - especially when they try to divert attention away from themselves. Funny...

Look, if Trump or his team engaged in nefarious activity with the Russians or any other campaign, it should be investigated and exposed. It's been about a year now when you consider the aggressive activities even before the election. If there is nothing to present by now, one wonder just what sort of micro analysis is going on to try and present some evidence, no matter how flimsy or anecdotal in an effort to undermine the election results.

In the same vein, the Clinton Foundation and activities from the former administration are not above the law. Everyone keeps repeating that "foreign governments must never again be able to interfere in our election" What about government officials interfering in the election and skirting the law? THAT is as important as any principle in democracy.

Noone should be above American law, not even democrats and their anti-American globalist friends.

More fake news that the right in America naively believes. You have to wonder if the right wing posters are not simply Russian or American trolls for if they were interested they'd only have to search the Internet on whether the nonsense were true. Snopes etc would help them but do they want help or is their intent only the spreading of nonsense?

FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton Gave 20 Percent of United States' Uranium to Russia in Exchange for Clinton Foundation Donations?

FACT CHECK: Did Hillary Clinton Tell FBI's Mueller to Deliver Uranium to Russians in 2009 'Secret Tarmac Meeting'?

"I want to argue for something which is controversial, although I believe that it is also intuitive and commonsensical. My claim is this: Oliver [ average Right Winger] believes what he does because that is the kind of thinker he is or, to put it more bluntly, because there is something wrong with how he thinks. The problem with conspiracy theorists is not, as the US legal scholar Cass Sunstein argues, that they have little relevant information. The key to what they end up believing is how they interpret and respond to the vast quantities of relevant information at their disposal. I want to suggest that this is fundamentally a question of the way they are. Oliver isn’t mad (or at least, he needn’t be). Nevertheless, his beliefs about 9/11 are the result of the peculiarities of his intellectual constitution – in a word, of his intellectual character." The intellectual character of conspiracy theorists | Aeon Essays

The Problem With Facts

I never believed it but maybe some of you are right, this could very well blow up in the faces of the Democrats. The GOP have taken Trumps advise and that which any liberty loving libertarian who believes in fair and equal justice and the Rule of Law. They are going after Clinton's crimes:

Republicans argued otherwise, sometimes suggesting that Jayapal’s amendment asked the committee to repeat work that special counsel Robert Mueller was already doing, and sometimes suggesting that the Mueller investigation was unfair.

“They’re not focused on things like the Clinton Foundation functionally selling access to the State Department; they’re not worried about selling uranium to the Russians; they’re not worried about unmasking,” said Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., another amendment sponsor, referring to Democrats.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, another sponsor, suggested a probe of Comey’s interactions with sources, the Obama administration, and especially former Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch. After referring to part of the amendment that asked for documents about Lynch’s tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton in Phoenix, just a few days before her FBI interview, Jordan argued that Comey also needed to explain why he followed apparent advice from Lynch to call the Clinton email probe a “matter” instead of an investigation.

“Last time I checked, he wasn’t director of the Federal Bureau of Matters,” said Jordan. “We’ve got all these investigations about Putin’s influence in our election. How about the Obama administration’s influence on our election?

Democrats, lacking the votes to stop the amendment, expressed their amazement at the Republican push. “This is the most astonishing moment I’ve ever experienced in the Judiciary Committee,” said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn. “To take a question about the firing of James B. Comey and turn it into a question about Hillary Clinton? The chairman has left the room. Justice has left this room. Common sense has left this room. A lot of stuff has left this room, and maybe never entered it.”

But the amendment passed, and the altered resolution passed on a 16-13 partisan vote, giving it a chance to be approved by the House.
i hope it leads back to the benghazi coverup.

Forum List

Back