House Republicans Plan to lower debt

How am I mistaken? The facts do not change. It gets tiresome to keep pushing facts into closed and narrow minds.

All you seem capable of is repeating Republican cliches that I have disproved with facts I document. Paul Krugman calls those cliches "zombie arguments."

I call you a “zombie leftist”.

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize and he was at war for eight years.
Krugman is a Keynesian kook. That explains your programming.
Karl Marx made two valid assertions. He was mistaken about everything else. His two valid assertions are: the natural result of unregulated capitalism is to accumulate wealth and income at the top; partially as a result capitalist economies experience increasingly destructive economic downturns.

This is what did happen from the time when Marx published The Communist Manifesto in 1848 to the Stock Market Crash of 1929, and the ensuing Great Depression.

Keynesian economic policies countered these tendencies with steeply progressive taxation, minimum wage laws, and laws to protect labor unions, along with other reforms.

Consequently, the United States recovered from the Great Depression, and created the largest and richest middle class in the world. Recessions became milder.

Beginning with the Reagan administration the reforms of John Maynard Keynes have been reversed: the tax system has become less progressive; labor unions have become weaker.

Consequently, wealth and income again accumulate at the top. Recessions have become longer and deeper. They are usually followed by "jobless recoveries" when the gross domestic product (GDP) rises, but unemployment remains high, so wages do not rise.

Reagan's presidency coincided with three things that really boosted the economy.

One was the end of the strong dollar policy that kept the USA from exporting goods. It might make imports very inexpensive but exports of renewables like food impossible.
The second was the consumer grade processor chips....this made computers really feasible for your average household to own one.

Third was the breakup of AT&T....it no longer held the monopoly for telecommunications. Three different Long distance companies plus local baby bells to serve communities. It wasn't exactly the best thing for the baby bells as BellSouth became the largest of them that became an international corporation that could have afforded to purchase the Sprint Long Distance company.
But the breakup did make way for internet telecommunications possible.

All three together created a tech economy that is still growing today with replacement of brick and mortar retailers and office buildings.

Reagan's tax cuts helped but only incrementally. The innovation and destruction of an oligarchy combined is what really mattered.

During the Reagan administration the United States for the first time since the First World War switched from being a creditor nation to a debtor nation.

As I have already pointed out in this tread, Reagan nearly tripled the national debt and most Americans did not benefit from his tax policy.

I have also pointed out that there is little support for specific cuts in the domestic budget, and considerable support on tax increases for the rich. If we are to get serious about reducing the national debt we need to reverse Republican tax cuts for the rich, and tax the rich heavily,

Last edited:
During the Reagan administration the United States for the first time since the First World War switched from being a creditor nation to a debtor nation.

As I have already pointed out in this tread, Reagan nearly tripled the national debt and most Americans did not benefit from his tax policy.

I have also pointed out that there is little support for specific cuts in the domestic budget, and considerable support on tax increases for the rich. If we are to get serious about reducing the national debt we need to reverse Republican tax cuts for the rich, and tax the rich heavily,

Your entire economic philosophy is to give politicians more of our money to spend. It’s laughable.

Your entire economic philosophy is to give politicians more of our money to spend. It’s laughable.
You do not seem capable of anything but Republican platitudes.

Republican politicians are using the rise in the national debt for which their tax cuts for the rich are responsible as an excuse to cut domestic spending programs most Americans support, and would like to be better funded.

"strengthening the workforce"....how is this done? Force people to work for $20 per hour and tell them to work hard for it? That is laughable and acceptable only to elitists.

Forum List

Back