House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

So what? A Constitutional Amendment requires 2/3 of each chamber to vote in favor as well as 2/3 of states to ratify, so the likelihood of it getting anywhere are slim to none.
Nobody thought the government could take over healthcare. They did. Nobody thought they could do statewide shut downs. They did. Democrats will do anything even if they have to change the rules or ignore laws to do it.

Good luck getting the smaller states giving up all their ability to be part of the process of government to New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

This is assuming the voters of those states aren't public school-indoctrinated mouthbreathers who don't understand what's going on past the "it's so UNFAIR!" rhetoric of leftist would-be tyrants.

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

Over the history of our country, there have been at least 700 proposed amendments to modify or abolish the Electoral College. The odds are pretty good that this one is going nowhere

What opponents of the Electoral College should consider is that it's existence makes it almost impossible for a presidential election to rigged as Trump claimed. Popular votes are far easier to steal than electoral votes.

As if Democrats are interested in preventing election fraud. :auiqs.jpg: That's a knee-slapper.

So what? A Constitutional Amendment requires 2/3 of each chamber to vote in favor as well as 2/3 of states to ratify, so the likelihood of it getting anywhere are slim to none.

Wrong, it takes 3/4ths of the States to ratify. It would only take 14 States to kill it, I can think of more than 20 that would say, not no, but hell no!

Or certainly ought to.

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

:yes_text12: :TH_WAY~113::clap::clap::clap::thewave::WooHooSmileyWave-vi::thankusmile:

Only a fascist loon would like this.

Consider to whom you're speaking.

Good luck getting the smaller states giving up all their ability to be part of the process of government to New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

This is assuming the voters of those states aren't public school-indoctrinated mouthbreathers who don't understand what's going on past the "it's so UNFAIR!" rhetoric of leftist would-be tyrants.

As a "public school indoctrinated mouthbreather", the father of three "public school indoctrinated mouthbreathers", the grandfather of three "public school indoctrinated mouthbreathers", and a teacher in public schools for 21 years, you may politely kiss my ass!

As a "public school indoctrinated mouthbreather", the father of three "public school indoctrinated mouthbreathers", the grandfather of three "public school indoctrinated mouthbreathers", and a teacher in public schools for 21 years, you may politely kiss my ass!

As someone who has frequently read what you write, you may kiss my ass, politely or impolitely.

As someone who has frequently read what you write, you may kiss my ass, politely or impolitely.

You are simply a lying sack of shit. Does your keeper know you are on the internet?

In two weeks they will introduce a bill to abolish the Constitution.
Jaysus, how many times do you guys have to be told that Trump lost and the Dems now control the Senate. Sheesh....Even your military (for the first time in modern memory) is giving it to Trump.
You loons are on your own.

"Meanwhile, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the group of the most senior uniformed leaders at the Pentagon, have condemned the riot at the Capitol as a “direct assault” on Congress and the constitutional process.

The statement – issued to the entire U.S. military – is extraordinary because the chiefs usually stay out of politics, and they are essentially asking to them to go against the president’s rhetoric and uphold democracy in the United States."
Thread has zero to do with Trump but you brought him into it. Explain why.
Take into account what was being said in the post I was answering and you'll know.

Jaysus, how many times do you guys have to be told that Trump lost and the Dems now control the Senate. Sheesh....Even your military (for the first time in modern memory) is giving it to Trump.

"Meanwhile, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the group of the most senior uniformed leaders at the Pentagon, have condemned the riot at the Capitol as a “direct assault” on Congress and the constitutional process.

The statement – issued to the entire U.S. military – is extraordinary because the chiefs usually stay out of politics, and they are essentially asking to them to go against the president’s rhetoric and uphold democracy in the United States."
Take into account what was being said in the post I was answering and you'll know.
So will you bring Trump into every single thread now?

Are you the Posting Police?
Plenty of my posts don't mention him...

Are you the Posting Police?
Plenty of my posts don't mention him...
I am asking a legitimate question. Are you avoiding it for a reason?

House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

I'm 74, so I know the EC will not be abolished in my lifetime - but it will happen eventually. The EC is a racist dinosaur. National popular vote is the only fair and logical way to elect presidents. People will evolve to do the right thing.

Forum List

Back