House Dems Introduce Bill To ‘Abolish Electoral College’

I'm 74, so I know the EC will not be abolished in my lifetime - but it will happen eventually. The EC is a racist dinosaur. National popular vote is the only fair and logical way to elect presidents. People will evolve to do the right thing.

How exactly is the tyranny of 50% + 1 more racially fair?

Nope. You didn't. You used it as an excuse to once again bash DJT. At least man up and admit that.

If it was true I'd admit it. Why wouldn't I? I couldn't give a shit if I brought him up at every opportunity. Of course I love bashing Trump. He's a public figure who is a piece of shit. I'd have no problems bashing him every day if I so wish. I don't though.

Nope. You didn't. You used it as an excuse to once again bash DJT. At least man up and admit that.

If it was true I'd admit it. Why wouldn't I? I couldn't give a shit if I brought him up at every opportunity. Of course I love bashing Trump. He's a public figure who is a piece of shit. I'd have no problems bashing him every day if I so wish. I don't though.
There you have it folks.

In two weeks they will introduce a bill to abolish the Constitution.
Jaysus, how many times do you guys have to be told that Trump lost and the Dems now control the Senate. Sheesh....Even your military (for the first time in modern memory) is giving it to Trump.
You loons are on your own.

"Meanwhile, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the group of the most senior uniformed leaders at the Pentagon, have condemned the riot at the Capitol as a “direct assault” on Congress and the constitutional process.

The statement – issued to the entire U.S. military – is extraordinary because the chiefs usually stay out of politics, and they are essentially asking to them to go against the president’s rhetoric and uphold democracy in the United States."
Thread has zero to do with Trump but you brought him into it. Explain why.
Take into account what was being said in the post I was answering and you'll know.
So will you bring Trump into every single thread now?

Didn't he before?

I'm 74, so I know the EC will not be abolished in my lifetime - but it will happen eventually. The EC is a racist dinosaur. National popular vote is the only fair and logical way to elect presidents. People will evolve to do the right thing.

The Electoral College is in no way racist, and don't expect stating your talking points as fact to impress anyone. If the Electoral College is ever abolished, it will be because a majority of people has become as stupid and puerile as you are.

There you have it folks.
And who cares? other than you...

So what? A Constitutional Amendment requires 2/3 of each chamber to vote in favor as well as 2/3 of states to ratify, so the likelihood of it getting anywhere are slim to none.

And anyone with basic grade school government course would know this but some believe a Bill being introduced has a chance of becoming law when in fact I have a better chance of waking with Ana de Armas instead...
Is it a sign of my age that I had to Google who Ana de Armas is?

The Electoral College is in no way racist, and don't expect stating your talking points as fact to impress anyone. If the Electoral College is ever abolished, it will be because a majority of people has become as stupid and puerile as you are.

The Electoral College was founded on racism!

More than two centuries after it was designed to empower southern white voters, the system continues to do just that.

The Electoral College's Racist Origins - The Atlantic

More than two centuries after it was designed to empower southern white voters, the system continues to do just that.

Why bother. The dominatrix has a history of spouting vitriolic BS with nothing to back it up other than her bile.

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

more evidence they want to trash the constituion.
And another so called "conservative" shows their absolute ignorance of the Constitution and the processes for amending same.

It is a shame that our browsers do spell check but can't do stupid check before that final click.

Really? This is what you base your outrageous claim on? A racist assistant prof. and Brennan center participant? Good luck with that one....

I am so tired of every damned thing being racist these days....I call Bull Shit!

Why bother. The dominatrix has a history of spouting vitriolic BS with nothing to back it up other than her bile.

I post for normal people to see the facts and truth as I understand them to be.

Fair enough.

More pandering

Introduced on January 11th and referred to the House Judiciary Committee, the resolution proposes an “amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the electoral college and to provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President of the United States.”

Authors of the bill include Rep. Cohen, Rep. Zoe Lofgren, Rep. Jan Schakowsky, Rep. Julia Brownley, Peter DeFazio, Rep. Adriano Espaillat, Rep. John Garamendi, and Rep. Jim Cooper.

Before revealing what the constitutional amendment would look like, the bill rebukes the electoral college as created in “an era of limited nationwide communication and information sharing” and resting on “an antiquated theory that citizens will have a better chance of knowing about electors from their home States than about Presidential candidates from out of State”

more evidence they want to trash the constituion.
And another so called "conservative" shows their absolute ignorance of the Constitution and the processes for amending same.

It is a shame that our browsers do spell check but can't do stupid check before that final click.

Doesn't matter, this bill is as much a dead letter, as the phony impeachment they just did...

Both you and Grump should be ashamed of yourselves.

Really? This is what you base your outrageous claim on? A racist assistant prof. and Brennan center participant? Good luck with that one....

I am so tired of every damned thing being racist these days....I call Bull Shit!

Try this link:

Forum List

Back