House Democrats Have Finally Found A Cause To Fight For

Do you think the House members deserve a big pay raise?

• Hell Yeah. Nothing is too good for the House.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not so sure. Things might be tight, but we all wish we could just get a raise when we needed one!

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Hell No. Hell can freeze over before these comical bums deserve another dime.

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Since winning back a narrow majority in the House last fall, Democrats have struggled for a mission statement for what they stand for other than to obstruct Trump and create endless litigation, the latest being to manufacture a roadblock which they now call a "Constitutional Crisis" as if somehow they are mere spectators to the event.

But finally, Democrats have agreed on a new mission statement: They all agree that they simply cannot make ends meet earning $175,000 a year for essentially 9 months a year work, so despite their rampant unpopularity, lack of anything constructive they ever do to show for themselves and the fact that people everywhere are really struggling unable to simply vote themselves a raise, it looks like they could give themselves a raise as high as up to over $200,000 a year.

Some House members considering taking a pay raise this year

Maybe if the final decision was to go to a ballot of the taxpayers, they might have a bit more incentive to actually get some things done.

Since winning back a narrow majority in the House last fall, Democrats have struggled for a mission statement for what they stand for other than to obstruct Trump and create endless litigation, the latest being to manufacture a roadblock which they now call a "Constitutional Crisis" as if somehow they are mere spectators to the event.

But finally, Democrats have agreed on a new mission statement: They all agree that they simply cannot make ends meet earning $175,000 a year for essentially 9 months a year work, so despite their rampant unpopularity, lack of anything constructive they ever do to show for themselves and the fact that people everywhere are really struggling unable to simply vote themselves a raise, it looks like they could give themselves a raise as high as up to over $200,000 a year.

Some House members considering taking a pay raise this year

Maybe if the final decision was to go to a ballot of the taxpayers, they might have a bit more incentive to actually get some things done.

I haven't heard many repub congressmen that are against a raise.

Congress should be switched to an hourly wage. When you are working for your constituency who elected you, then you make 100 bucks an hour capped at $175K for the year. When you are working to overthrow the President, you are not working for your constituency. Therefore you shouldn't be paid for those hours. I bet we'd see a lot more fat asses filling the seats in Congress actually WORKING for a change.

"It's been more than a decade," said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. "I've got members who are leaving over this."

McCarthy says he's open to the idea but hasn't given it much attention.

A pay raise would require both repubs and demos to pass but hey while be a stickler for facts

They told us years ago when they doubled their salary and got automatic pay raises that the increase would bring better representation through professional grade politicians(laughter) with higher pay(boos)...

upload_2019-5-10_10-42-6.png

upload_2019-5-10_10-45-50.png

Congress should be switched to an hourly wage. When you are working for your constituency who elected you, then you make 100 bucks an hour capped at $175K for the year. When you are working to overthrow the President, you are not working for your constituency. Therefore you shouldn't be paid for those hours. I bet we'd see a lot more fat asses filling the seats in Congress actually WORKING for a change.
I'm thinking $15 per hour.

I guess no one read my link. Every congressman in the article raising doubts, concerns, resistance or outright refusal to the idea of a raise was . . . a Republican.
We agree that Democrats have no character.

Thank you for re-pointing it out again.

Agreed.

Elitism has no party.

I guess no one read my link. Every congressman in the article raising doubts, concerns, resistance or outright refusal to the idea of a raise was . . . a Republican.

The article mentioned two Republicans who expressed their views about a pay raise, and one of those said he was open to it. That doesn't sound like the right is uni-formally opposed to a raise does it? As I said before, I haven't seen many repub congressmen who are against a raise. Read your own damn link.

Agreed.

Elitism has no party.

The article mentioned two Republicans who expressed their views about a pay raise, and one of those said he was open to it. That doesn't sound like the right is uni-formally opposed to a raise does it? As I said before, I haven't seen many repub congressmen who are against a raise. Read your own damn link.

Your English translator must be broken again or you're still not recovered from that brain infaction.

Agreed.

Elitism has no party.

Your English translator must be broken again or you're still not recovered from that brain infaction.

You sure you didn't mean infarction?

Forum List

Back