Hospitals still persecute poor folk over hospital debt through the pandemic.

Its good to note that some sectors managed "business as usual" during the pandemic. 39000 cases were actively pursued through the courts in this time. By a quick calculation that would be 39000 more cases than were pursued in the UK where not one citizen owes the NHS a penny.

We must be crazy living in such slavery.
maybe you don’t know what slavery is...

people get a service they should pay for it. If not that’s slavery

the NHS is paid for... try not paying the Queen her taxes and see what happens to ya...London Tower

We are 30 trillion in debt. When are you going to start paying for that?

When are you cuppycakes?

I've long advocated raising taxes to pay for it. You?

Slash spending.

You want to tax our way to prosperity?

I WUV cash deals....

Slashing spending doesn't address the debt. A debt that grew by $8 trillion even under Trump.

So yeah, you want to demonize others for not paying what they owe but you have no desire to do the same.

Let me help you oh public schooled one.

If you slash spensing and run a surplus - what can one do with the surplus.

Think before you answer for a change....

When did I: "demonize others for not paying what they owe", please?

Bugger off. Fairy Tales are not answers.

So you can't answer / reply so you resort to ad hominem attacks.

That is you modus operandi.

It was a reply in kind. If you wish to reply like an adult, I will also.

"Bugger off. "

Is your version of a kind reply?

Clearly you went to public school.

I can't teach English to you. I did not say mine was a kind reply.

I can only imagine what you would do to your male students.

I'm also not interested in your fantasies.

Its good to note that some sectors managed "business as usual" during the pandemic. 39000 cases were actively pursued through the courts in this time. By a quick calculation that would be 39000 more cases than were pursued in the UK where not one citizen owes the NHS a penny.

Since american nurses can make as much as British surgeons, it is more like you are crazy to live as indentured servants, but whatever.
talk about slavery...working these doctors to death for pennies...just sad...but the Brits have a long history of slavery and exploiting people

They are doing their best to keep up with the Netherlands with their universal healthcare---no minimum wage, companies get taxed per employee in addition to their many other taxes, employees get taxed, pay ceilings. Real utopia for those go-getters.

I hate to puncture your balloon (who am I kidding, I LOVE to puncture your balloon), but what you stated is emphatically wrong. EVERY adult citizen of the UK owes the NHS a LOT of pennies, every year, whether they use the services or not. Or haven't you checked your tax bill recently?
Look its an easy concept to understand. It is no different to your health insurance. You pay your health insurance premiums whether you use the service or not.

Its the same for us apart from the fact that we are covered on all of it. "Pre-existing conditions" is not a phrase in our vocabulary, neither is "deductables".

The whole world recognises that the most efficient way to manage healthcare is with a giant insurance scheme. America doesnt and thats why thousands of you are bankrupted every year.

How does your health care quality compare to the: USA Tammy?

Hint: It is awful

And yet our life expectancy is better and none of us go bankrupt.
nobody in the UK goes bankrupt? y’all still got work houses?
No workhouses. And nobody goes bankrupt for falling ill.

Paying what you owe for the vital services that were rendered is persecution only in lib loon land.

I hate to puncture your balloon (who am I kidding, I LOVE to puncture your balloon), but what you stated is emphatically wrong. EVERY adult citizen of the UK owes the NHS a LOT of pennies, every year, whether they use the services or not. Or haven't you checked your tax bill recently?
Look its an easy concept to understand. It is no different to your health insurance. You pay your health insurance premiums whether you use the service or not.

Its the same for us apart from the fact that we are covered on all of it. "Pre-existing conditions" is not a phrase in our vocabulary, neither is "deductables".

The whole world recognises that the most efficient way to manage healthcare is with a giant insurance scheme. America doesnt and thats why thousands of you are bankrupted every year.

nobody in the UK goes bankrupt? y’all still got work houses?
No workhouses. And nobody goes bankrupt for falling ill.
sure they do...when they go bankrupt because they can’t afford to live because the Govt has taxes them to death to pay for a healthcare system going bankrupt as well

Do dyou pay your bills Tammy?
Raise the minimum wage until even the Poor pay their share of the tax burden.
That won't work because we'll just raise the poverty level along with the MW and keep those on it from owing taxes, just like we do now. What politician out there wants to be the guy that forced the poor to pay taxes? Here's reality, those who make MW will always be considered poor no matter what the wage is because it represents the least amount you can legally earn, other than zero. Your fantasy is just that, fantasy.
Inflation happens regardless. Public policy must ensure Labor can afford our first-world economy.
Which means nothing in the context of exempting the poor from paying taxes.
Sure it does. The less you make the less you pay in taxes, typically. Raise the minimum wage to collect more income tax labor more willing to work.
That won't happen, because no politician will be willing to make the poor pay taxes. You seem to think that nothing would change except for the wage being paid. Obviously, you are way off. Everything would change.
Not at all. It has more to do with the concept of purchasing power (parity) for consumers along with generating more tax revenue for Government.
And I am telling you that the poverty level would simply be raised and those on the new level would not end up paying much in taxes, just like those at the poverty level now don't. You wouldn't get much new revenue.

Equal protection of the laws is in our several Constitutions.

“The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread.”

― Anatole France
Quit pretending you know anything about equal protection. I can't take you seriously until you do that.
The law is employment at the will of either party not just one party or the State without proof of for-cause employment.
You're making my point for me.

Except in our case we can compare insurance plans and pick the one that best matches our needs. If we're young and healthy and don't want to buy a plan that covers everything we don't have to. You cannot.

That won't work because we'll just raise the poverty level along with the MW and keep those on it from owing taxes, just like we do now. What politician out there wants to be the guy that forced the poor to pay taxes? Here's reality, those who make MW will always be considered poor no matter what the wage is because it represents the least amount you can legally earn, other than zero. Your fantasy is just that, fantasy.
Inflation happens regardless. Public policy must ensure Labor can afford our first-world economy.
Sure it does. The less you make the less you pay in taxes, typically. Raise the minimum wage to collect more income tax labor more willing to work.
That won't happen, because no politician will be willing to make the poor pay taxes. You seem to think that nothing would change except for the wage being paid. Obviously, you are way off. Everything would change.
Not at all. It has more to do with the concept of purchasing power (parity) for consumers along with generating more tax revenue for Government.
And I am telling you that the poverty level would simply be raised and those on the new level would not end up paying much in taxes, just like those at the poverty level now don't. You wouldn't get much new revenue.
Even simple math claims you are working with externalities to sound reason.

Even simple math claims you are working with externalities to sound reason.
Not at all. I'm talking about human nature, not math. You're pretending that the only thing that would change would be the wage, and that's not accurate.

the NHS is paid for... try not paying the Queen her taxes and see what happens to ya...London Tower

Democrats all agree regular people have paid too much in taxes already and any tax hikes must be for the incredibly bloated rich and giant corporations. End of story

I didn't ask what Democrats agree to.
like all the doops you don't know so tough.

Funny how every other developed country can afford all this stuff and that does not happen DUH... And we are the richest country of all. Thanks GOP and brainwashed functional morons....
You need to bombard your hapless and helpless democrats until they agree that the poor should be paying their fair share of taxes. Then all you need to do is find them a spine.
You are unbelievably missinformed. If you count all taxes everybody making any real money is paying 27%, in all taxes. The bottom fifth the poor are paying about 20% on average. After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich tax rates and policies, we have the worst inequality and upward mobility and only a brainwashed functional moron Swine would want to tax the poor more. Idiot. God will not be amused.... Your blind love and admiration for greedy idiot GOP mega rich assholes is noted.

Last edited:

As has been pointed out 9,000 times, and ignored 8,999 and about to be ignored again - it is the American diet.
As a nation, we eat absolutely deplorable food. High sugar, salt and fat. That is the trifecta of most Americans.
Good, home cooked family owned restaurant... in business for 50 years... a McDonalds plops in... gone is the family restaurant. Everybody wants a cheap cheeseburger.

When are you cuppycakes?

Slash spending.

I WUV cash deals....

Slashing spending doesn't address the debt. A debt that grew by $8 trillion even under Trump.

So yeah, you want to demonize others for not paying what they owe but you have no desire to do the same.
Congress does the spending and Trumps spending was meant to help america not bankrupt our asses. Trump did what build the military back up while congress spend for the COVID pandemic brought to us by dems fauci/cuomo etc and the communist chinese.

Biden is just spending to spend to get support from the useful idiots who don't pay taxes and to get his kick back and I think the intention is to bankrupt us for the Chinese's pleasure. Enough of the bullshit...cut spending..........seize assets of the asses stealing from us which is our corrupt fucking pols and their masters.

Democrats all agree regular people have paid too much in taxes already and any tax hikes must be for the incredibly bloated rich and giant corporations. End of story

I didn't ask what Democrats agree to.
like all the doops you don't know so tough.

Funny how every other developed country can afford all this stuff and that does not happen DUH... And we are the richest country of all. Thanks GOP and brainwashed functional morons....
You need to bombard your hapless and helpless democrats until they agree that the poor should be paying their fair share of taxes. Then all you need to do is find them a spine.
You are unbelievably missinformed. If you count all taxes everybody making any real money is paying 27%, in all taxes. The bottom fifth the poor are paying about 20% on average. After 35 years of GOP giveaway to the rich tax rates and policies, we have the worst inequality and upward mobility and only a brainwashed functional moron Swine would want to tax the poor more. Idiot. God will not be amused.... Your blind love and admiration for greedy idiot GOP mega rich assholes is noted.
Hey look, yet another regurgitation of the same failed slogans, pretending democrats never held any power but boy, would they ever give you what you want if they just had a little bit more power and weren't so scared a Republican would look at them funny. When are you going to figure out that the democrats are just as responsible for where we are and are just as bought off as anyone else?

When are you cuppycakes?

Slash spending.

I WUV cash deals....

Congress does the spending and Trumps spending was meant to help america not bankrupt our asses.

Always with the excuses.

Your blind jealousy and envy of us well to do is duly noted.

When are you cuppycakes?

Slash spending.

I WUV cash deals....

Congress does the spending and Trumps spending was meant to help america not bankrupt our asses.

Always with the excuses.

And you always with the whining, hurt feelings, and jealousy.

You don't get it, TT.

I'm satisfied with sex Almighty God made me. I have no intention of pulling a switcheroo. So why should I buy a policy that covers that?

Further, if I change my mind on this, I am perfectly cool with paying for it out of my pocket.

As has been pointed out 9,000 times, and ignored 8,999 and about to be ignored again - it is the American diet.
As a nation, we eat absolutely deplorable food. High sugar, salt and fat. That is the trifecta of most Americans.
Good, home cooked family owned restaurant... in business for 50 years... a McDonalds plops in... gone is the family restaurant. Everybody wants a cheap cheeseburger.
We eat all that shit as well.

So they should not charge people for services?

Have you ever run a business Tammy?

We shouldn't see the care of people as a business.

So they shouldn't charge people?

Who will pay for it?
how about one big insurance scheme that covers everything and everybody ?

Because that would be sort of stupid.

Not everyone needs everything covered or would want it. Not every doctor is willing to accept the amounts being paid by insurance companies as payment in fold.

Not every health care provider is equally competent, the lib proposals make medical into a "commodity" where all the providers are considered the same. But they ain't.
If you dont like your Doctor you can change her. My wife just did so.
You are now making absurd straw men in order to deny the essential truth of the matter. You do need comprehensive coverage because you do not have a crystal ball. Why gamble on your health ?

I truly believe that you have been brainwashed by the vested interests and they have been able to make it a partisan issue. You pay for private jets and corporate yachts and congratulate yourselves that it makes you "free". The truth is quit the opposite.

Forum List

Back