‘Horrifying’: Huge Proportion Of Children Pursuing Gender Transitions Are Actually Autistic, Experts Believe

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that clinicians diagnose and treat autism precisely because that nonsoluton doesn't work.

Part of my training and education has been Mental Health education ... and one of the first things that comes out of the mouth of every lecturer and is in the first paragraph of every paper is ... "One in Five (sometimes one in four) Americans are suffering from some form of mental disorder".

So, in every crowd of 100 persons, 20 to 25 of them are suffering from a mental disorder. Unless not being able for find your car keys in the morning qualifies as a mental disorder, this number cannot possibly be accurate.

Mental Health is unique to medical science in that every diagnosis is subjective to the diagnostician. There are no objective clinical tests for mental disorders. I can be tested for cancer or a broken bone and the results of those tests are indisputable. Any tests for mental disorders are subject to the interpretation of the clinician (and whatever I happen to say to them).

Without an objective basis for making a diagnosis, a clinician will naturally ascribe a diagnostic label to every patient they see, regardless of the facts. Once a diagnosis has been pronounced, it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The diagnosed person will take the medication prescribed and just assume that they have deep seated mental pathologies instead of just realizing that "maybe they were having a bad day".

So, in every crowd of 100 persons, 20 to 25 of them are suffering from a mental disorder.
Seems so. But not all mental disorders are equal.

You had training? How much training do you think the doctors have had had? Let's not be silly.

Mental Health is unique to medical science in that every diagnosis is subjective to the diagnostician.
That also is not true. Like, at all. Many objective methods exist, primarily scoring models.

Greta Thurnburg has autism. Are there dots to be connected here? She considers it a superpower.

Seems so. But not all mental disorders are equal.

You had training? How much training do you think the doctors have had had? Let's not be silly.

That also is not true. Like, at all. Many objective methods exist, primarily scoring models.

I don't maintain my training qualifies me to be a mental health clinician ... but, it has exposed me to the system and the though processes of the clinicians.

I've seen enough to know that the mental health community is a hammer and sees every human being as a potential nail.

I don't maintain my training qualifies me to be a mental health clinician ... but, it has exposed me to the system and the though processes of the clinicians.

I've seen enough to know that the mental health community is a hammer and sees every human being as a potential nail.
That's confirmation bias. Clear as day. Your training was about people who have been diagnosed. Not about people not being diagnosed.

That's like a cop thinking everyone on the south side is a criminal, beause everyone he deals with on the south side is a criminal.

Greta Thurnburg has autism. Are there dots to be connected here? She considers it a superpower.

Actually, autism, particularly self-diagnosed autism, is a form of superpower.

Persons who have, or claim to have, autism, regardless of where they exist on that scale, immediately feel they can no longer be held responsible for their actions.

They feel it relieves them from any obligation to conform to societal rules from polite behavior to criminal legislation.

That kind of liberation for responsibility is very much a super power.

In Miss Thunberg's case, her autism is also the basis for a slight amount of notoriety and financial compensation ... a much better super power than stretching or laser eyes.

In the old days crazy people just thought they were Napoleon.......

A lot of crazies claim to be Jesus these days ... I've met a couple who claim to be Mohamed.

No one ever seems to claim to be Buddha ... maybe it's the fat thing.

The children might or might not be autistic.

But the parents of those children are psychopaths for sure. :cuckoo:

Part of my training and education has been Mental Health education ... and one of the first things that comes out of the mouth of every lecturer and is in the first paragraph of every paper is ... "One in Five (sometimes one in four) Americans are suffering from some form of mental disorder".

So, in every crowd of 100 persons, 20 to 25 of them are suffering from a mental disorder. Unless not being able for find your car keys in the morning qualifies as a mental disorder, this number cannot possibly be accurate.

Mental Health is unique to medical science in that every diagnosis is subjective to the diagnostician. There are no objective clinical tests for mental disorders. I can be tested for cancer or a broken bone and the results of those tests are indisputable. Any tests for mental disorders are subject to the interpretation of the clinician (and whatever I happen to say to them).

Without an objective basis for making a diagnosis, a clinician will naturally ascribe a diagnostic label to every patient they see, regardless of the facts. Once a diagnosis has been pronounced, it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. The diagnosed person will take the medication prescribed and just assume that they have deep seated mental pathologies instead of just realizing that "maybe they were having a bad day".
I tend to agree on that with some mental illness diagnosis, but there are a number where they are finding actual observable differences in the brain and it’s functioning.

I tend to agree on that with some mental illness diagnosis, but there are a number where they are finding actual observable differences in the brain and it’s functioning.

PET imaging is very cool and has come up with some very interesting results. They can document observable difference in brain function and reaction to stimuli. However, to date, there isn't enough known to create a baseline range of differences that would have no pathological result.

For example, many humans have genetic mutations (normal variation) that would seem quite abnormal on regular CT or MRI scans, but which are completely benign to the individual. Without knowing what variations are within tolerances, every one of those variations could be labeled a pathology.

Without a very broad range study (millions of individuals) to determine what variations don't affect behavior using PET for diagnostic purposes would be analogous to using a CT scan without any knowledge of anatomy.

You have no way of knowing what represents healthy vs pathological results.

PET imaging is very cool and has come up with some very interesting results. They can document observable difference in brain function and reaction to stimuli. However, to date, there isn't enough known to create a baseline range of differences that would have no pathological result.

For example, many humans have genetic mutations (normal variation) that would seem quite abnormal on regular CT or MRI scans, but which are completely benign to the individual. Without knowing what variations are within tolerances, every one of those variations could be labeled a pathology.

Without a very broad range study (millions of individuals) to determine what variations don't affect behavior using PET for diagnostic purposes would be analogous to using a CT scan without any knowledge of anatomy.

You have no way of knowing what represents healthy vs pathological results.
That’s a good point…but if there are particular differences that are common to most with a particular syndrome, then that could be diagnostic. If treatment is applied specificly to address those areas and the patient improves then that would seem to indicate that those differences are objective criteria.

I’m thinking of ADD/ADHD for example because I was reading about it.

Forum List

Back