horrible way to die

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
..that's how it is ......
I was just wondering what penguins think when they are swallowed whole??

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score
we have some hawks & falcons around that hunt the songbirds around here - i have a cap gun to scare them off when they are around. i can always tell when there is one in the area by watching the birds. when they stay absolutely still & the woodpeckers hang under tree limbs to hide. the birds also 'sound alarms' to each other. yes, it is very disturbing to see when a hawk catches one.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
...in my hood, the black birds really give the hawks a lot of trouble--

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score
sounds like the jets & the sharks.
......a hawk will be in a tree and about 3 black birds go there and caw caw caw --never stop cawing...then the hawk leaves, and the black birds follow
then that particular hawk doesn't eat birds. we have some here that blue jays harrass the hell outa them because they are safe. the squirrels are targets though.

i hate squirrels.

& sounds more like you have crows & ravens rather than blackbirds.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
......a hawk will be in a tree and about 3 black birds go there and caw caw caw --never stop cawing...then the hawk leaves, and the black birds follow
then that particular hawk doesn't eat birds. we have some here that blue jays harrass the hell outa them because they are safe. the squirrels are targets though.

i hate squirrels.

..I had a next door neighbor that was retired early from the RR.....he would just sit on his porch with a BB gun and shoot at squirrels in his tree

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Reaction score
We have redtail hawks and bard owls here. The crows will go crazy when either of the predators are out moving. And both are hell on squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits.

playtime

Diamond Member
Reaction score

i hate squirrels.

..I had a next door neighbor that was retired early from the RR.....he would just sit on his porch with a BB gun and shoot at squirrels in his tree
i've gotten pretty good at eradicating them myself. if they make a move for my bird feeders or come up on my deck, they are marked critters. some behave, but most don't & sooner or later become targets.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We have redtail hawks and bard owls here. The crows will go crazy when either of the predators are out moving. And both are hell on squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits.
the crows/black birds do the same here...interesting just to watch

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List