Hope they pass Trumpcare.....

Selling insurance across state lines is NOT the same thing as being able to sell insurance in any state they wish.

HUGE difference.

GEICO can sell car insurance in any state they wish. NO health insurance company is allowed to do that.

They are prohibited by the McCarran-Ferguson Act.

Insurance firms in each state are protected from interstate competition by the federal McCarran-Ferguson Act, which grants states the right to regulate health plans within their borders.

Health insurance companies are not allowed to sell insurance in any state they wish.

Fact.

we've been over this so many fucking times its incredible.. RW dolts dont get it and never will get it .. you cant pound it into their thick ass with a 20 lb sledge hammer ..

A bill to allow interstate insurance sales was introduced in Congress in 2005, and, since then, has been a part of the platform of every Republican presidential nominee. Mr. Trump is not alone in his view: Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum and Bobby Jindal have all endorsed it.

Selling insurance in a new region or state takes more than just getting a license and including all the locally required benefits. It also involves setting up favorable contracts with doctors and hospitals so that customers will be able to get access to health care. Establishing those networks of health care providers can be hard for new market entrants.

“The barriers to entry are not truly regulatory, they are financial and they are network,” said Sabrina Corlette, the director of the Georgetown University Health Policy Institute.

Last edited:
You should be buying health insurance the same way your buy auto, home, and life insurance. I should be able to pick up the phone and call any health insurance company in the country and negotiate for the best plan for my needs.

This would give all of us maximum bargaining leverage, just like it does with auto insurance.

Instead, most Americans are completely hostage to a take-it-or-leave it single option from their employer. Most Americans have NO leverage at all.

There is one, and only one, metric by which the success or failure of TrumpCare will be judged by the American people:

Cost.

If health care bills reach unprecedented levels, the GOP will pay a heavy, heavy penalty.

Period.

Health care bills have already reached unprecedented levels.
Yes, which is why I have said from the get-go that ObamaCare was a bait and switch con.

TrumpCare is shaping up to be the biggest hoax of all.

Correct. You cant turn a hoax into something legitimate.

Prediction, The House passes it, it dies in the Senate.

Oh, no doubt of it failing in the senate; however, the damage will have been done by House GOPers.

And some GOP House members will die with it.

Won't happen, let's see Obama shut down the Govt and it was said Pubs would die a horrible death in the mid-terms. They took the House. Two year later, they took the Senate and now Hillary is knitting little sickies for Bill and Chelsea. No changes will take place until the powers that be decide they will take place. 2016 was a staged election so I'm not certain there will be any mid-terms.
The present bill would add 14K per year to my wife's insurance because she has rheumatoid arthritis. .

So instead of you paying that 14K of expenses that are by all standards of common decency your responsibility, you want the rest of us to pay it for you? Sounds like you want to foist off that "pre-existing" condition on your fellow citizens and I for one don't appreciate you advocating the federal government holding a gun to my head and forcing me to pay for YOUR expenses.
No, we're all in one pot. The only distinction is my wife, like thousands of other people, were covered under one policy when they got whatvever they got. My wife is fortunate enough that she never had a lapse in coverage, and is still covered without regard to pre-existing. However if you, Fox, ever got cancer and then had a change of employement, you would be a deplorable and uninsurable.

As for cost, the gop is saying it will sweeten the pot. But more so, why should anyone who got cancer or had a stroke or had treatment for depression or had arthritis or had high blood pressure, or had a kid with heart disease somehow not be insurable?

let's see Obama shut down the Govt

REALLY??? Obama shut down the government....Is this one of those infamous "alternative facts"?
Here I thought that the House republicans controlled all budget allocations....LOL

Selling insurance across state lines is NOT the same thing as being able to sell insurance in any state they wish.

HUGE difference.

GEICO can sell car insurance in any state they wish. NO health insurance company is allowed to do that.

The act only give the states rights it doesn't mean that state cannot enact laws to sell across state lines.

insurance companies protect themselves ... someone living in L.A. or Houston breathing shitty air gets lung cancer bought a policy in Montana for 1/2 the cost because the air is better ... they dont pay Helena prices and live and drive in L.A. either.

Won't happen, let's see Obama shut down the Govt and it was said Pubs would die a horrible death in the mid-terms. They took the House. Two year later, they took the Senate and now Hillary is knitting little sickies for Bill and Chelsea. No changes will take place until the powers that be decide they will take place. 2016 was a staged election so I'm not certain there will be any mid-terms.
The present bill would add 14K per year to my wife's insurance because she has rheumatoid arthritis. .

So instead of you paying that 14K of expenses that are by all standards of common decency your responsibility, you want the rest of us to pay it for you? Sounds like you want to foist off that "pre-existing" condition on your fellow citizens and I for one don't appreciate you advocating the federal government holding a gun to my head and forcing me to pay for YOUR expenses.
No, we're all in one pot. The only distinction is my wife, like thousands of other people, were covered under one policy when they got whatvever they got. My wife is fortunate enough that she never had a lapse in coverage, and is still covered without regard to pre-existing. However if you, Fox, ever got cancer and then had a change of employement, you would be a deplorable and uninsurable.

As for cost, the gop is saying it will sweeten the pot. But more so, why should anyone who got cancer or had a stroke or had treatment for depression or had arthritis or had high blood pressure, or had a kid with heart disease somehow not be insurable?

Sounds to me the pubs are doing what they claimed obamacare was going to do, "DEATH PANELS"

So, answer this... you drive an $80k Corvette, you have no insurance other than liability and you total the car. You walk into Allstate and say "I just totaled my car, I need collision coverage so I can replace my car". How does this work? Allstate is on the hook for $80K after receiving $0 premiums?

So, answer this... you drive an $80k Corvette, you have no insurance other than liability and you total the car. You walk into Allstate and say "I just totaled my car, I need collision coverage so I can replace my car". How does this work? Allstate is on the hook for $80K after receiving $0 premiums?
So, you are saying that there is an anology between buying an expensive auto and getting cancer or high blood pressure? Would you like to use a lifeline?

No, we're all in one pot.
So you're claiming that the fruits of my labor are yours and vice versa? Ok, when are you going to pony up and start paying some of my personal expenses? Sorry about your wife's condition, it's unfortunate but I have my own list of charitable causes that I want to service with the fruits of MY labor and your personal wants/needs/problems isn't on it as I'm sure mine are not on yours.

However if you, Fox, ever got cancer and then had a change of employement, you would be a deplorable and uninsurable.
Ummm.. there's a difference, I don't want anything that I didn't earn, in other words I never have nor would I ever expect anybody else to pay for my personal expenses under ANY circumstances because doing so is both indecent and immoral.

HUGE difference.

The act only give the states rights it doesn't mean that state cannot enact laws to sell across state lines.
The interstate commerce clause denies that little operation...

No, we're all in one pot.
So you're claiming that the fruits of my labor are yours and vice versa? Ok, when are you going to pony up and start paying some of my personal expenses? Sorry about your wife's condition, it's unfortunate but I have my own list of charitable causes that I want to service with the fruits of MY labor and your personal wants/needs/problems isn't on it as I'm sure mine are not on yours.

However if you, Fox, ever got cancer and then had a change of employement, you would be a deplorable and uninsurable.
Ummm.. there's a difference, I don't want anything that I didn't earn, in other words I never have nor would I ever expect anybody else to pay for my personal expenses under ANY circumstances because doing so is both indecent and immoral.
You and I have been paying for coal miner healthcare for decades....

So, you are saying that there is an anology between buying an expensive auto and getting cancer or high blood pressure? Would you like to use a lifeline?

Of course not and you know this. Insurance works the same regardless of whether it is auto or health... like it or not. Your argument quickly became an emotional plea not based on the realities of the situation. No insurance can be viable when you are exposed to potential risks with potentially no reward.

Voting in favor of healthcare is a third rail for conservative Republicans

Make them vote on this POS bill and let them explain why in 2018

Forum List

Back