Homosexuals - Born or Turn

Born or Turn

• Born

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Turn

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
In order to believe that homosexuality is a matter or choice one must necessarily be bi-sexual because one who is totally heterosexual cannot conceive of homosexual desire.

Homosexuality is a perfectly natural, although uncommon ("abnormal") condition which has been observed in most other mammalian species. While the cause has not yet been conclusively established there are ongoing studies which convincingly indicate that homosexuality is the result of hormonal imbalance.
QUANTITATIVE SEX HORMONE STUDIES IN HOMOSEXUALITY, CHILDHOOD, AND VARIOUS NEUROPSYCHIATRIC DISTURBANCES -- NEUSTADT and MYERSON 97 (3): 524 -- Am J Psychiatry

The correct answer to the topic question is either. Because homosexuals can be born with hormonal imbalance or it can develop at a later stage in their lives.
Bullshit!!!!!
Is there something about that scientific opinion that upsets you? If so, please be more specific in your rebuttal.

Also, do you know there is some scientific opinion which holds that a strong homophobic disposition is often an indication of latent homosexuality?
Single, Angry, Straight Male... Seeks Same?: Scientific American

I'm not surprised to see that no USMBer realizes that "Genes vs Choice" is wingnut talk

When scientists discuss why an organism behaves a certain way, the question is "Genes Vs ENVIRONMENT

Now you can all go back to your regularly scheduled wingnut debate
Did someone suggest homosexuality is genetic?

There is no such thing as a Christian rapist. If one is a rapist then they do not have Christ in their heart. That by definition, means they are not a Christian.
I love it when people claim others aren't REALLY part of their religion. No, they're just rapist who grew up with, believe, and practice Christianity. But hey you found one thing that goes against teaching so they're not real Christians. Because you have always followed every teaching to the letter? Laughable.

Seeing as their life expectancy is 20 years or so less than normal people, I'd say they need help. Sorry if I offended you.
That's actually completely false. You didn't offend me. You disgust me. I pity you. Bigotry and ignorance is such a foolish thing to have in this age of information technology.

The fact that you need to propagate misleading health stats to further your bigotry is just sad. I suppose it's not really your fault that so many other bigots who gave you that information were equally uneducated. You see the idea that homosexual males had UP TO a 20 year shorter life than their heterosexual counterparts was proposed after the outbreak of HIV when the world had little public health, almost no condom use, and absolutely no treatment options. This is generally the case for all devastating diseases that have cropped up over history, from plague to polio. Today, HIV is just another chronic disease that can be managed with a number of medications. Safe sex practices eliminates the transmission of the virus, and it is not restricted to homosexuals today.

THUS it is foolish to continue believing those numbers are true 30 years after the outbreak, or that HIV is inherent to all homosexuals. If you plan on continuing to be a bigot while preaching how others aren't "REAL christians" like you because they don't follow Jesus, at least update your information to be relevant to this CENTURY. Or do you believe Jesus was as large a bigot as you are?

I believe you're referring to a type of male homosexual commonly called flamboyant faggots, who are generally obnoxious, demonstrative, in-your-face belligerent and generally annoying.
It's true this type does exist, but the heterosexual counterpart also exists. You know the d-bag state school jock type who hits on every girl in the bar and won't take no for an answer. The common theme is that this extreme is inherent to MALES, and the flamboyant or meathead nature just comes out as a result of the sexuality.

There is no such thing as a Christian rapist. If one is a rapist then they do not have Christ in their heart. That by definition, means they are not a Christian.
I love it when people claim others aren't REALLY part of their religion. No, they're just rapist who grew up with, believe, and practice Christianity. But hey you found one thing that goes against teaching so they're not real Christians. Because you have always followed every teaching to the letter? Laughable.

Seeing as their life expectancy is 20 years or so less than normal people, I'd say they need help. Sorry if I offended you.
That's actually completely false. You didn't offend me. You disgust me. I pity you. Bigotry and ignorance is such a foolish thing to have in this age of information technology.

The fact that you need to propagate misleading health stats to further your bigotry is just sad. I suppose it's not really your fault that so many other bigots who gave you that information were equally uneducated. You see the idea that homosexual males had UP TO a 20 year shorter life than their heterosexual counterparts was proposed after the outbreak of HIV when the world had little public health, almost no condom use, and absolutely no treatment options. This is generally the case for all devastating diseases that have cropped up over history, from plague to polio. Today, HIV is just another chronic disease that can be managed with a number of medications. Safe sex practices eliminates the transmission of the virus, and it is not restricted to homosexuals today.

THUS it is foolish to continue believing those numbers are true 30 years after the outbreak, or that HIV is inherent to all homosexuals. If you plan on continuing to be a bigot while preaching how others aren't "REAL christians" like you because they don't follow Jesus, at least update your information to be relevant to this CENTURY. Or do you believe Jesus was as large a bigot as you are?

I believe you're referring to a type of male homosexual commonly called flamboyant faggots, who are generally obnoxious, demonstrative, in-your-face belligerent and generally annoying.
It's true this type does exist, but the heterosexual counterpart also exists. You know the d-bag state school jock type who hits on every girl in the bar and won't take no for an answer. The common theme is that this extreme is inherent to MALES, and the flamboyant or meathead nature just comes out as a result of the sexuality.

Hey, whatever helps you feel better about your situation...fine with me. I'll even support your right to pretend you're married. :up:

Hey, whatever helps you feel better about your situation...fine with me. I'll even support your right to pretend you're married. :up:

As I will support YOUR right to pretend you are married.

As I will support YOUR right to pretend you are married.

Fair enough, Sally.

most people have a feeling of being evil but they don't act on them. gays have same choice.

Sally was the name of a hetero girl from my high school class, Class President....married her HS sweetheart....committed suicide two years later.

Maybe you should tell the whole story....

Well, her father in law was the County sheriff...that's how she got the gun....pretty much all I know.

Are you saying she killed herself because she was a homosexual? For whatever reason someone kills themself it's sad. Too bad they couldn't get the help they needed before.

I'm not surprised to see that no USMBer realizes that "Genes vs Choice" is wingnut talk

When scientists discuss why an organism behaves a certain way, the question is "Genes Vs ENVIRONMENT

Yes, but I wouldn't expect a moron like you to be aware of that commonly known fact

Well, her father in law was the County sheriff...that's how she got the gun....pretty much all I know.

Are you saying she killed herself because she was a homosexual? For whatever reason someone kills themself it's sad. Too bad they couldn't get the help they needed before.

No...where did you get that idea from?

I wasn't sure if that's what you were trying to convey as you mentioned she was heterosexual and then killed herself. I didn't assume anything though and that's why I was asking for a clarification.

Last edited:

Yes, but I wouldn't expect a moron like you to be aware of that commonly known fact

Umm, can you provide evidence of this please?

Btw, may I also ask you if you're pro-life or pro-choice?

I wasn't sure if that's what you were trying to convey as you mentioned she was heterosexual and then killed herself. I didn't assume anything though and that's why I was asking for a clarification.

Um...her name was Sally.

Umm, can you provide evidence of this please?

Btw, may I also ask you if you're pro-life or pro-choice?

Simple fact of the matter is he can't, because there is none. That issue has been beat to death a thousand times over. There is NO scientific proof anyone is born a homo, period, end of story.

Um...her name was Sally.

Then why bother mentioning her sexuality at all? Sorry, it made me consider she might have changed into a homosexual and killed herself because of it. At least I asked....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back