Homeowner shoots, kills alleged intruder, with his own gun

Who needs a gun?
Cops: SC homeowner shoots, kills alleged intruder | GoUpstate.com
A woman living at the home told deputies she was sitting on the couch when a man came in and put a gun to her head. She yelled for her husband, who came in and fought with the intruder. The woman said the suspect dropped the gun, which her husband picked up and shot him in the head. Deputies say a second suspect fled the home and hasn't been found.

She was brave to yell to her husband with a gun at her head, and he was brave to tackle the man who was threatening his wife.
The man is dead because he threatened the life of a innocent person in their own home.

This is what guns are for - protecting yourself in your own home.

Accidents happen.

How do accidental drownings fit into your pro swimming pool agenda?

Didn't realize I had a pro swimming pool agenda. Weird, thanks for letting me know.

Well I haven't seen post whining about swimming pools so I assume you're not for banning them or restricting who can install one.

What about all the babies that fall out of windows every year? Should we do something about that? Maybe mental health checks on people with windows in their homes. It's for the children's safety after all.

I didn't know people were using swimming pools as a method to perform violence. Care to share that with me?

first i would not term this a robbery...good robbers break in when no one is home...this was a home invasion...one of the most personal things that can happen to a person's family and home...

darwin's theory

Who needs a gun?
A woman living at the home told deputies she was sitting on the couch when a man came in and put a gun to her head. She yelled for her husband, who came in and fought with the intruder. The woman said the suspect dropped the gun, which her husband picked up and shot him in the head. Deputies say a second suspect fled the home and hasn't been found.

She was brave to yell to her husband with a gun at her head, and he was brave to tackle the man who was threatening his wife.
The man is dead because he threatened the life of a innocent person in their own home.

Cant do that in Australia can you Noomi. If this happened in your house you would prolly be robbed and dead.

Last edited:
Didn't realize I had a pro swimming pool agenda. Weird, thanks for letting me know.

Well I haven't seen post whining about swimming pools so I assume you're not for banning them or restricting who can install one.

What about all the babies that fall out of windows every year? Should we do something about that? Maybe mental health checks on people with windows in their homes. It's for the children's safety after all.

I didn't know people were using swimming pools as a method to perform violence. Care to share that with me?

You used an accidental shooting as a reason refute the OP.

I am merely pointing out the folly in such an argument by using your "logic"

Cant do that in Australia can you Noomi. If this happened in your house you would prolly be robbed and dead.

We tend to lock our doors and windows at night so people can't break in. I don't know if you guys have considered that.

Next time, these homeowners should be better prepared. I recommend one of those 'gun free zone' signs in the front yard. That'll do the trick...:eusa_eh:

I really get fed up with stupid, and your comment is just plain stupid. While I'm happy this home owner turned the tables on this guy and killed him, you miss the point completely. This homeowner may well have had a gun in his home but in most cases those guns are locked up or not readily available. Most people don't just keep their gun sitting next to them at all times. So even when people own guns, in many situations the intruder has them at a huge disadvantage if they also have a gun.

What is interesting about these scenarios though is that many of these robbers with guns have no intention of using the gun or never have even fired a gun. They're scared to use it, and if one of their victims fights back, many times they will end up taking the gun away from them. Of course, attempting to do so doesn't always turn out good, so it's not something most people will try.

I love these feel good stories !! Great way to start the day!

Prolly makes your dick hard just thinking about shooting that guy in the head. Good for you dude.

The United States Supreme Court has concluded that All People have a Right to Keep and Bear Arms for the sole purpose of self-defense and it documented that the State Constitutions confirms that all adult males ( with certain age restrictions such as 18-45) are deemed the militia of the State and subject to a call for duty or service at any given time. The 2nd Amendment simply accommodates the means necessary for the use of deadly force (such as a firearm) if an imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm exists for the individual.

Last edited:
Who needs a gun?
And here is a seriously under reported fact.

About 2 million of these types of home defenses happen without anyone getting shot. Just by the home owner brandishing the gun as the intruder enters the house.

There are approximately 300 million firearms in the United States that were legally purchased. Those guns cannot be made illegal to own based upon Article I Section 9 of the US Constitution which prohibits the creation of ex post facto laws. We begin with the comprehension the misconception that the reasons for the 2nd Amendment no longer exist in our society at present. The association related to anarchy (lawlessness) of America ignores the fundamental fact that crime wasn't really any greater then than it is today. In fiscal year 2010, there were about 2,158,000 reported burglaries according to the FBI and in nearly 25% of those there were individuals at home. That statistic indicates about one half million cases in a single year where a direct threat to the lives of individuals existed. We can also note that according to The FBI annual crime rate stats, the sum of murders committed annually by "clubs" (baseball bats) exceed the number of murders committed with a rifle.

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year than Rifles

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

The bottom line: A rifle ban is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. We face far greater danger from individuals armed with carpenters' tools and a caveman's stick.

And it seems fairly obvious that if more people had a gun, less people would be inclined to try to hit them in the head with a hammer.

Source

Scalia's Friday concerns paralleled his January frustrations about the Constitution being classified as a living document. He advocates for laws of the land as the strongest guides to how to interpret changing circumstances.

“It’s not a living document," he said at a Southern Methodist University appearance, according to the Dallas Morning News. "It’s dead, dead, dead."

More: Antonin Scalia's North Carolina Bar Association Address Questions 'The Sanity' Of Having 'Moralist' Judges

Who needs a gun?

are charges expected to given to the homeowner

If in California, most likely...:cuckoo:

-Geaux

There are approximately 300 million firearms in the United States that were legally purchased. Those guns cannot be made illegal to own based upon Article I Section 9 of the US Constitution which prohibits the creation of ex post facto laws. We begin with the comprehension the misconception that the reasons for the 2nd Amendment no longer exist in our society at present. The association related to anarchy (lawlessness) of America ignores the fundamental fact that crime wasn't really any greater then than it is today. In fiscal year 2010, there were about 2,158,000 reported burglaries according to the FBI and in nearly 25% of those there were individuals at home. That statistic indicates about one half million cases in a single year where a direct threat to the lives of individuals existed. We can also note that according to The FBI annual crime rate stats, the sum of murders committed annually by "clubs" (baseball bats) exceed the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

The bottom line: A rifle ban is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. We face far greater danger from individuals armed with carpenters' tools and a caveman's stick.

And it seems fairly obvious that if more people had a gun, less people would be inclined to try to hit them in the head with a hammer.

Source

That may be true, but you need to consider the bigger picture.

With a gun, I can kill multiple people in seconds. With a hammer, I could take over a minute to bludgeon someone to death.
No one has ever gone on a mass hammer bashing spree.

Who needs a gun?
And here is a seriously under reported fact.

About 2 million of these types of home defenses happen without anyone getting shot. Just by the home owner brandishing the gun as the intruder enters the house.

This 'fact' has long ago been proven to be false.

Source

That may be true, but you need to consider the bigger picture.

With a gun, I can kill multiple people in seconds. With a hammer, I could take over a minute to bludgeon someone to death.
No one has ever gone on a mass hammer bashing spree.

Guns are like insurance in you hope to never have to use one in self defense. However, if I do you can bet my objective is to kill as many as it takes to eliminate the threat.

It's return on investment

-Geaux

Forum List

Back