Homeless Isaac Victim: Romney Told Me To 'Go Home And Call 211'

Bush did almost the exact same thing after Katrina, and he was president. I believe it was Mississippi Bush was touring. Someone came up to Bush and asked about assistance. Bush seemed a little bewildered by the question and said that he was pretty sure there was a Red Cross near by that the person could go to and get assistance. I could not believe he had just said that but then again by that time not much was beginning to surprise me about Bush. Romney has the same mindset. Unless it is someone like himself the just can't relate to someone else's pain.

Would that be the Red Cross that is controlled by Government? How about the government controlled Salvation Army that is always among the first to show up at a disaster area?

I can believe that Bush said that and was not in the least bit confused. Would you suggest that they call a toll free number to a Washington DC bureaucrat who will refer you to the Red Cross?

The freak out over this is pathetic, but what do you expect from the OP...my gawd admit them please it's sad to watch someone freak everyday

Like it or not, and I'm sure the left won't like it, 211 was the proper number to dial. I know that democrats all over the country are saying how STUPID, everyone knows it's 911. But, in the aftermath of Issac, it is 211 for evacuation information as well as information on locating others.

Post-Hurricane Isaac Updates

Call 2-1-1 for Shelter and Evacuation Information
The state of Louisiana urges any resident who is under an evacuation order in Tangipahoa Parish to call the state’s 211 phone hotline to find out the latest information regarding sheltering and evacuations. The state is coordinating evacuations to state-run shelters in north Louisiana.

Additionallly, individuals trying to locate loved ones who evacuated to state shelters before or after Hurricane Isaac can call 211 to find out which shelter they are housed at or send a message through the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) website.

Romney made a point of knowing the proper number to call for emergency services. He pays attention.

True. That's the number to call if you need some government assistance after a natural disaster. But telling someone whose home is under water to go home and dial it, is moronic. Why didn't Mitt offer the woman a loan of his cell phone? That would at least show an ounce of humanity.
He was afraid he'd get cooties.

It's called campaigning... Something Obama has been doing since 2007.

More specifically it is called taking political advantage of a disaster and peoples suffering.[/QUOTE]

Democrats would know all about that, shootings too

Romney was there because he was asked to come by the Governor.

Romney got out of the vehicle and had an informal roadside conversation with Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and U.S. Sen. David Vitter, both Republicans.

“I’m here to learn and obviously to draw some attention to what’s going on here so that people around the country know that people down here need help,” he told Jindal.

Romney diverts from campaign to visit hurricane-flooded Louisiana - latimes.com)

TruthDoesnt matter said Romney had enough money to help that family. Well, so does Obama in the hypothetical joplin family . Same difference..

Obama is helping the Joplin family, and many others. After "you didn't build it, we did" Jandel asked for the help of the American people, Obama, not Romney, signed the executive order making Louisiana eligible for disaster relief. Funding that Ryan tried to block.

OBAMA is HELPING with OUR MONEY.. WHy is OBAMA not opening his OWN Pockets to help. He hardly gives to any charities unlike ROMENY who gives over 15 percent of his..

How much money did he donate to the hurricane victims?

Democrats would know all about that, shootings too

Romney got out of the vehicle and had an informal roadside conversation with Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and U.S. Sen. David Vitter, both Republicans.

“I’m here to learn and obviously to draw some attention to what’s going on here so that people around the country know that people down here need help,” he told Jindal.

Romney diverts from campaign to visit hurricane-flooded Louisiana - latimes.com)

The president was way ahead of Mittens and could offer realhope and the US is already aware of the situation, The red Cross was there even before the storm hit, good ol' Mittens and his photo ops. AT least his hair was perfect.

Bush did almost the exact same thing after Katrina, and he was president. I believe it was Mississippi Bush was touring. Someone came up to Bush and asked about assistance. Bush seemed a little bewildered by the question and said that he was pretty sure there was a Red Cross near by that the person could go to and get assistance. I could not believe he had just said that but then again by that time not much was beginning to surprise me about Bush. Romney has the same mindset. Unless it is someone like himself the just can't relate to someone else's pain.

Would that be the Red Cross that is controlled by Government? How about the government controlled Salvation Army that is always among the first to show up at a disaster area?

I can believe that Bush said that and was not in the least bit confused. Would you suggest that they call a toll free number to a Washington DC bureaucrat who will refer you to the Red Cross?

Salvation Army is a private group, not controlled by the federal government, dumb ass.

The Salvation Army: About Us
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.

You still want to claim the federal government is breaking the separation of church and state and controlling an international religious group?

The FEMA public hotline response..."We are sorry we are waiting on funding for your situation. Obamacare has drained our funds and we are waiting for the Administration to take money from the Department of Defense to help you. Please call back in a month."

The president was way ahead of Mittens and could offer realhope and the US is already aware of the situation, The red Cross was there even before the storm hit, good ol' Mittens and his photo ops. AT least his hair was perfect.

The presidebt was trailing along in Romney's shadow. He'll be there - tomorrow.

The FEMA public hotline response..."We are sorry we are waiting on funding for your situation. Obamacare has drained our funds and we are waiting for the Administration to take money from the Department of Defense to help you. Please call back in a month."

Your refutation is a phony right wing strawman, play pretend? Go argue to an empty chair. The Obama administration was able to kick Paul Ryan in the nut sack, and get the funding for natural disasters that we'll continue to have.

Salvation Army is a private group, not controlled by the federal government, dumb ass.

The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.

You still want to claim the federal government is breaking the separation of church and state and controlling an international religious group?

So why didn't Jindal say he didn't need any federal money?

We have an earlier thread on this subject written by a flaming liberal taken from a liberal source [huffpo] with a purely misleading headline.

This was followed by at last count 195 responses. and admittedly I didn't read them all since after about 100 posts, I still didn't see what I was looking for and that was.........

Evidence that ANY one had actually read the article.

Here is the last paragraph of that article.

On the visit from the pair of Republicans, Chiarello [the lady quoted in the headline] said, "He’s good. He’ll do the best for us. He has our best interests at heart. I thought he’d be more like a politician, but it was more understanding and caring."

Who do you think that woman will be voting for?

No wonder we keep repeating the same problems over and over. Too few people in this country bother to read more than a headline.

So why didn't Jindal say he didn't need any federal money?

has nothing to do with someone falsely claiming that the federal government controlled the Salvation Army. Dickless. Do try to keep up.

Forum List

Back