Home schooling is booming!

Presidents should be hands off of education. They have zero clue about how a school works. Zero. Clueless. All of them. Every last one.

A lot. There’s plenty of parents out there that are not capable of homeschooling their kids and there’s basically zero accountability.
I dont think there are "plenty" of parents incapable of homeschooling. Really, all that is necessary for kids to learn is reading, writing, typing on a computer keyboard, and arithmetic.

Teaching kids the constitution would be good too, as well as handling guns safely, and how to act in confrontations with police (subjects that schools negligently don't teach).

I dont think there are "plenty" of parents incapable of homeschooling. Really, all that is necessary for kids to learn is reading, writing, typing on a computer keyboard, and arithmetic.

Teaching kids the constitution would be good too, as well as handling guns safely, and how to act in confrontations with police (subjects that schools negligently don't teach).
Oh absolutely. That way some filthy corporation has a hard working cheap workforce.

Sure, okay. What is a better response to “indoctrination” than to limit a kid’s education solely to the purview of a single parent.

I mean, that makes sense. Surely you wouldn’t want them exposed to different perspectives if you were concerned about “indoctrination”.
Single parents can unite with neighbors, doctors, lawyers, etc to form small cooperatives, apart from the leftwing lunacies so common in public schools these days.

I can’t blame conservatives for homeschooling their kids.

Those liberal schools are full of..

Negroes
Muslims
Jews
Hispanics
Gays

How do you expect a kid to learn in that environment ?
As the President would say - predators in a racial jungle.

I can’t blame conservatives for homeschooling their kids.

Those liberal schools are full of..

Negroes
Muslims
Jews
Hispanics
Gays

How do you expect a kid to learn in that environment ?
With that, the problem might be what they DO learn (from Muslims & gays).

A lot. There’s plenty of parents out there that are not capable of homeschooling their kids and there’s basically zero accountability.
There is accountability.
Most Homeschool Parents and Children do a good to great job.
There is no denying this.

Some parent (way fewer) abuse the Home School guidelines and then send their children back to public school and the ones that abuse/misuse the system, are way behind their peers.

Public School is nowhere near perfect, but it is for the masses.
USA schools are forced to take in the special needs students and they do the best job that they can given the circumstances.

Some are. Some aren’t. I have a feeling inner city Baltimore schools aren’t the hotbed of homeschooling that the OP is discussing.
the OP is about nation wide because of places like baltimore and so many others,,

it well known that home schooled kids do better at test scores and make better business people,,

There is accountability.
Most Homeschool Parents and Children do a good to great job.
There is no denying this.

Some parent (way fewer) abuse the Home School guidelines and then send their children back to public school and the ones that abuse/misuse the system, are way behind their peers.

Public School is nowhere near perfect, but it is for the masses.
USA schools are forced to take in the special needs students and they do the best job that they can given the circumstances.
Where’s this accountability?

it well known that home schooled kids do better at test scores and make better business people,,
Selection bias. Homeschool kids would probably have better than average test scores because the fact that they’re being homeschooled indicates they come from better than average homes, which is the more important determinant for academic achievement.

Did I mention US schools rank around 40th in the world in math and science, two fields that propel the economy of a country?

Knowing this, what the hell do we have to lose? Home school your kids.

My doctors in Washington state, a married couple, home school their children. On top of the lies that the state demands they teach, they also teach them that health doesn't come from someone with "MD" after their name, the most important authority is not someone with a (R) or a (D) after their name, and women are born knowing how to have babies.

Cool couple and I really enjoyed knowing their delightful children.

Forum List

Back