HOLY CRAP: Germany takes control of three Russian refineries

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Wow, this is a pretty bold move for the desperately-trying-to-stay-the-hell-out-it Germans.

I wonder what "taking control of" actually looks like. That little blonde Russian despot probably won't like it.

Wow, this is a pretty bold move for the desperately-trying-to-stay-the-hell-out-it Germans.

I wonder what "taking control of" actually looks like. That little blonde Russian despot probably won't like it.

I doubt the rooskies are going to take that lying down.

It makes no sense.....How can the EU have a "embargo" on Russian oil when they are the ones getting hurt by it? I guess they virtue-signaled before they thought it through.

Putin be all like:

475e1b31d69ba11dfa582600628b1a4c.jpg

It makes no sense.....How can the EU have a "embargo" on Russian oil when they are the ones getting hurt by it? I guess they virtue-signaled before they thought it through.

Putin be all like:

They buy it from the Middle East. That was easy.

Refining capacity is actually a bigger issue right now than oil production itself. A lot of older refineries that were shut down during Covid weren't started up again because they were too inefficient.

Meanwhile, the Russians are pretty much in full retreat in the Ukraine and people in Russia are grumbling about shortages and how they got into this debacle. .

Refining capacity is actually a bigger issue right now than oil production itself. A lot of older refineries that were shut down during Covid weren't started up again because they were too inefficient.

Meanwhile, the Russians are pretty much in full retreat in the Ukraine and people in Russia are grumbling about shortages and how they got into this debacle. .
Sure....At 4X the price....Just like they are buying Russian NG from the Chi-Coms for 4X the price.

Virtue-signaling gets expensive.

I'm not sure what this buys The Germans. A refinery isn't much use without a study source of crude to be refined. Refineries don't really store enough to keep Germany going for very long.

I'm not sure what this buys The Germans. A refinery isn't much use without a study source of crude to be refined. Refineries don't really store enough to keep Germany going for very long.
I get why they did it.....It's just going to cost a lot more unless they can cut them one hell of a deal from the ME.

Sure....At 4X the price....Just like they are buying Russian NG from the Chi-Coms for 4X the price.

Virtue-signaling gets expensive.

Doing the right thing is expensive.

So let's review, shall we. The reason why we are embargoing Russian oil and gas is because they committed an act of aggression against one of their neighbors.

So if we let Russia take the Ukraine, what's next? The Baltic States? Poland? Germany?

Seems to me that there's virtue signalling, and there is enlightened self interest. If Putin's Goal is to restore the USSR, that means getting right up into Germany itself.

Doing the right thing is expensive.

So let's review, shall we. The reason why we are embargoing Russian oil and gas is because they committed an act of aggression against one of their neighbors.

So if we let Russia take the Ukraine, what's next? The Baltic States? Poland? Germany?

Seems to me that there's virtue signalling, and there is enlightened self interest. If Putin's Goal is to restore the USSR, that means getting right up into Germany itself.
Mouse in your pocket?

I could give two shits about Little and Great Russia. Much less sending billions upon billions into that black hole of corruption.

The germans stupidly bought into not just globalism, but GREEN globalism at that

Turning their backs on domestic energy security for the Green New Deal was not smart

Which is a policy that your president joe biden is following also

German government did the same thing with gazprom back in April.

I doubt the rooskies are going to take that lying down.

Me either...is biden moonlighting in germany now? What a stupid move!

Here's another link from Bloomberg.

Why would they be inefficient? Tell us why.

Forum List

Back