Two Frisco high schoolers arrested after hitting, injuring student with disability, police say

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Both juveniles were arrested without incident, and charged with injuring an individual with a disability. The offense is a 3rd-degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in jail, according to police.

offense is a 3rd-degree felony punishable by two to 10 years in jail

"Only for adults"

Texas laws on juvenile violent crimes​

Each state has different laws when it comes to juvenile crimes, including violent crimes. In Texas, a person who is at least 10 years old and is under 18 years old can be charged in a juvenile court (as opposed to an adult court) with a variety of crimes, from a Class C misdemeanor all the way up to capital murder. But such persons are charged as juveniles, not as adults.

After a person becomes 18 years old in Texas, he or she is legally considered to be an adult, and a criminal charge would be handled in an adult court.

Children who are younger than 10 years old are not considered to be juveniles in Texas. Rather, they are deemed to lack the capacity to have criminal intent.

Texas laws on juvenile violent crimes​

Each state has different laws when it comes to juvenile crimes, including violent crimes. In Texas, a person who is at least 10 years old and is under 18 years old can be charged in a juvenile court (as opposed to an adult court) with a variety of crimes, from a Class C misdemeanor all the way up to capital murder. But such persons are charged as juveniles, not as adults.

After a person becomes 18 years old in Texas, he or she is legally considered to be an adult, and a criminal charge would be handled in an adult court.

Children who are younger than 10 years old are not considered to be juveniles in Texas. Rather, they are deemed to lack the capacity to have criminal intent.
I don’t think high schoolers are 10 y.o…..

I graduated at 17, so I would be tried as a juvenile, until I'm able to go to adult court.
Depending on the crime you could have been charged as an adult and held in juvenile facility until your 18th birthday.

You should know this and if not you prove my point when Rahm called those like you F’ing retarded!

At the age of fourteen they can be tried as an adult in Texas!

Retards can be assholes too.
Jokes aside that's true.....When I was in elementary school they had the "slow" kids school on the same grounds and for some reason would let them out on the play ground at the same time the "normal" kids were out there.

I bet more kids got hurt due to "retard strength" than in your normal playground accidents.....Of course back then they piled all the degrees of retards in that same building so they were always hurting each other too.

One of my first "jobs" was watching a boy named Rusty on our school bus.....Woe betide anyone who fucked with Rusty.....Everyone on the bus sorta looked after him but his strength to size ratio was off the charts......Rusty passed soon after his mom did when he was about 12......We always said he died of a broken heart.

This looks like nothing more than good-natured locker-room banter....

Who hasn't made fun of the disabled kid in school...that is what makes America great.....just because a kid is disabled doesn't mean he or she or they can't be bullied....how will they learn about life if they aren't properly harassed and made fun of....
image-asset.jpeg

Forum List

Back