Hollywood left attacks "American Sniper."

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here is a look at the hollywood left attacking the movie American Sniper because it is doing really, really well at the box office while all the anti War on Terror movies bombed at the box office....

American Sniper Same Leftists Defaming Chris Kyle as Killer Wanted Every Iraqi Dead - Breitbart

When director Clint Eastwood’s pro-War on Terror masterpiece starting breaking box office records, it became obvious that that lie wasn’t going to survive the weekend. So now the push is on to defame the subject of the film, American war hero Chris Kyle, as a murderer.

The propaganda push isn’t subtle either. Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore came right out and declared Kyle a coward. Seth Rogen compared Eastwood’s film to Nazi propaganda. The Wrap’s Steve Pond fired the biggest salvo yet with an extensive piece about a backlash brewing among left-wing Academy members. Apparently, they are all passing around a New Republic article that defames Kyle as a “killer.”

It should be noted that the author of the New Republic article, Dennis Jett, wrote his attack on “Sniper” before seeing the actual movie — and his ignorance shows.

Per The Wrap, the controversy apparently boils down to this: [emphasis added]

Over the weekend, multiple Academy members told TheWrap that they had been passing around a recent article by Dennis Jett in The New Republic that attacks the film for making a hero out of Kyle, who said: “The enemy are savages and despicably evil,” and his “only regret is that I didn’t kill more.” Kyle made the statements in his best-selling book, “American Sniper,” on which the film is based.

Let’s start with a fact heartbreaking to the Left: Not only is this fact not ignored in the film, it is the WHOLE POINT of the film.

“American Sniper” is not “Selma” — “American Sniper” doesn’t lie.

Here’s a Pond quote where he gets slippery:

But Academy members seem to be paying attention to the criticism that Eastwood and star/producer Bradley Cooper shouldn’t be celebrating a man who wrote that killing hundreds of Iraqis was “fun.”

Note how Pond doesn’t use quotes around the word “Iraqis.” What he’s doing here is turning Kyle’s word “enemy” into the word “Iraqis” as a way to make it seem as though Kyle murdered civilians.

The money quote from the New Republic article is just as deceptive:

But anyone who has read Kyle’s autobiography of the same title knows that his bravado left no room for doubt. For him, the enemy are savages and despicably evil. His only regret is that he didn’t kill more. He laments that there were rules of engagement, or ROE, which he describes as being drafted by lawyers to protect generals from politicians. He argues instead for letting warriors loose to fight wars without their hands tied behind their backs. At another point, he boasts that the unofficial ROE were pretty simple: “If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see.”

This fact about killing every adult male you see is also in the film. Unlike The New Republic, though, Eastwood puts the quote in the correct context. Kyle is talking about no-go zones; areas that were officially evacuated. The legitimate strategy behind this was that only the enemy (evil savage terrorists) would remain in officially evacuated areas.

The lies of omission in this left-wing campaign are bad enough; what’s laughably outrageous is the Left pretending to care about the Iraqi people.

Here’s a juicy historical fact to chew on:

While Kyle was risking his life over four tours of duty to protect his country and innocent Iraqi civilians from evil, savage terrorists, the American Left, and most especially the Hollywood Left, were using every weapon at their disposal to ensure untold millions of innocent Iraqis were fed into a terrorist/death squad meat grinder.

The Left made no secret of this. At the height of the Iraq War, Democrats, the mainstream media, and Hollywood fought tooth and nail for America to pull prematurely out of Iraq. The very same people lying about Chris Kyle today are the very same people who demanded we abandon Iraq to the terrorists, and with it, 25 million innocent Iraqi civilians.

To further this evil and sinister goal, Left-wing Hollywood went so far as to build bombs for al Qaeda. Not actual bombs. Worse, these were box office bombs — movies, the ultimate propaganda tool. More than a billion dollars was spent on more than a dozen box office bombs that portrayed America, our military, and our troops as either no better than terrorists, or worse than terrorists.

"At another point, he boasts that the unofficial ROE were pretty simple: “If you see anyone from about sixteen to sixty-five and they’re male, shoot ‘em. Kill every male you see.”"

If this is true I don't understand the movie glorifying him.

I started watching Selma last night, and I'll probably watch American Sniper tonight. Both movies will do fine, and both will probably win numerous awards. Who cares what Seth Rogen and Michael Moore have to say?

The Interview was hilarious though. :D

Hollywood sorts are naturally self-indulgent, and will always be prone to expecting people to consider their opinions as noteworthy...it will make no difference on how people choose their entertainment.

Interesting the political mayhem rising up over just a movie.

These people think its real life.

Just like they think The Walking Dead is a documentary about the millions of deaths from Fearbola that they heard about on Fox.

Last edited:
Hollywood sorts are naturally self-indulgent, and will always be prone to expecting people to consider their opinions as noteworthy...it will make no difference on how people choose their entertainment.

I disagree that it will make no difference on how people choose their entertainment. You see people all the time say things like, "I'm not giving Sean Penn another penny of my money." Of course those actors are making the same amount of money no matter what. It's completely irrational, but many things in politics are.

I personally don't care what an actor's political beliefs are. If Oliver Stone makes a good movie I'll go see it. If Clint Eastwood makes a good movie I'll go see it. If Sean Penn makes a good movie...I'll ask you where the time machine came from.

So this guy, Kyle, claims to have punched out someone for their opinion? How is is different, really, than the terrorists that killed journalists for their opinion.

You have made me sad, Mr. Eastwood, for glorifying this person.

I disagree that it will make no difference on how people choose their entertainment. You see people all the time say things like, "I'm not giving Sean Penn another penny of my money." Of course those actors are making the same amount of money no matter what. It's completely irrational, but many things in politics are.

I personally don't care what an actor's political beliefs are. If Oliver Stone makes a good movie I'll go see it. If Clint Eastwood makes a good movie I'll go see it. If Sean Penn makes a good movie...I'll ask you where the time machine came from.

Ok, not zero difference, but miniscule in the scope of it all...I believe most people share your sentiments, with the extremists making enough noise to appear bigger than the reality.

So this guy, Kyle, claims to have punched out someone for their opinion? How is is different, really, than the terrorists that killed journalists for their opinion.

This is they kind of person your kind will hided behind when the shit hits the fan,until then your kind will demonize at will
no moral compass no integrity.

This is they kind of person your kind will hided behind when the shit hits the fan,until then your kind will demonize at will
I don't hide behind people that strike others for voicing an opinion, or change the ROE to suit their murderess nature.

But way to avoid the obvious.

I don't hide behind people that strike others for voicing an opinion, or change the ROE to suit their murderess nature.

But way to avoid the obvious.
You would hide behind Kyle to save your own hide until you could come out and demonise him like any coward.

Forum List

Back