Hmmmm!: Authorities Cremate Journalist Michael Hastings Body Against Family's Wishes

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
I wonder what to make of this? The rumor was/is that a bomb was planted or that a drone got him. But to cremate the guy when the family opposed is surely to raise eyebrows.

Journalist Michael Hastings' Body Cremated by Authorities Against Family's Wishes (Video)

Journalist Michael Hastings’ body was reportedly cremated by Los Angeles authorities against his family’s wishes, destroying possible evidence of his mysterious death in a car accident on June 18.

Hastings was killed when his Mercedes crashed into a tree at a high speed and exploded.

Only hours earlier, Hastings sent an email to friends at Buzzfeed.com stating that he was “onto a big story” and had “to go off the radar for a bit.” He also warned his colleagues that they might be questioned about him by authorities.

“A close family friend did confirm that Michael’s body was sent home in an urn, meaning he was cremated and it wasn’t the request of the family... in fact the family wanted Michael’s body to go home," stated San Diego 6 reporter Kimberly Dvorak on Sunday (video below).

Last edited:
A mercedes going 100 miles an hour would do a lot of damage. I've seen trees struck by cars. I saw this tree and it wasn't hit.

Sorry bout that,

1. You know in the Philippines its very very dangerous to be a politician or a journalist, they get whacked a lot.
2. Seems this administration wants us to be The Philippines!
3. Benghazi cost some politicians their lives.
4. There was a reason for this.
5. We just don't know yet why Obama wanted Stevens dead.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I think the DOJ should investigate immediately. Oh, wait, they are too busy second guessing the police, FBI and jury. Never mind. It all does sound suspicious. I have never heard of authorities making any decision as to cremation of a body before. Usually, the murderous spouse or other family member does that to destroy evidence.

If the engine landed 300 feet from crash site, I would say it was a bomb.

Anyone know if the feds were involved in the investigation?

Last edited:
A mercedes going 100 miles an hour would do a lot of damage. I've seen trees struck by cars. I saw this tree and it wasn't hit.

I winched an F-150 Super Crew off a big-ass oak it had nailed going 90, and the tree had nothing more than torn bark...note that a crewcab F-150 is MUCH heavier than even an S-class Benz.

Yes, the driver survived, though I suspect her underwear did not.

Last edited:

His engine also landed more than 300 feet from the "crash site."

Honestly...I can see it happening. I have seen pieces fly amazing distances from crash sites. Saw one at a dragstrip...guy in a pro-street minitruck lost it at ~115MPH when a tire failed, he went into the Armcos. The spoiler came loose from the tailgate & basically vanished...a landscaper found the damn thing a week later, 50+ yards away in some bushes!

Hell...when Racin' Jason died, there were pieces of his Mustang (and the timing pylon he hit) for damn near 1000'.

Now you know why Snowden left. This government kills journalists. It wouldn't blink at killing him.

Forum List

Back