Historically, no Antarctic ice shelf when CO2 is above 400 ppm

And set a new all time high back in March, 37.2 degrees Centigrade (67F) warmer than usual. That would make a cool 70 degree spring day 137 degrees.
what was the actual temperature?

Your cold spell beat the record by 1 degree. That heat spike was 70 degrees warmer than normal.

What a stupid reply since the record cold covers a SIX MONTH period!

The heat spike a was single say now back to its usual temperature range in 36 hours and life goes on.....

You are continually moving the goal post because you are so wedded on a climate crisis delusion.

The heat spike a was single say now back to its usual temperature range in 36 hours and life goes on.....

You are continually moving the goal post because you are so wedded on a climate crisis delusion.

Are you really this stupid? As BriPat told you, scientists are able to determine temperatures from ratios of certain chemical components laid down in sedimentary rock. Did you never wonder where all those diagrams of temperature you see on this forum, going back hundreds of millons of years, come from? Did you actually think I was claiming someone had a thermometer and was writing the daily temps down in a big book?
They infer certain temperatures. They can't verify them.

Then perhaps it will save us all. Yes, the hot day was just an anomaly. A really weird one, but apparently just an anomaly. The trouble is, what I don't see doing any cooling off is this:

Picture1_20.png

Then perhaps it will save us all. Yes, the hot day was just an anomaly. A really weird one, but apparently just an anomaly. The trouble is, what I don't see doing any cooling off is this:

Picture1_20.png

Those temps are based on tree rings, not actual tempts.

Picture1_20.png

Look at all the cooling between ~1878 and ~1902.
And all the warming right before that.

Picture1_20.png

Since you got clobbered, you run to a chart that has nothing to do with what I brought up.

You do this a lot now because you get a beatdown then run off.

For the 1,214th time I will state that there is a warming trend since the 1690's since the 1920's and again since 1979 have never disputed it thus you can stop with you endless red herrings your memory challenged idiot!

When I posted that new all-time winter record low time frame for Antarctica you idiotically ignore it for a single day record in your response which I didn't dispute but pointed out that it went right back to the usual while it didn't for months in Antarctica.

Thus, you started with nothing end up with nothing.

You are terrible at this.

Thus proving that climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world.

It couldn’t be that climate fluctuations and environmental uncertainty are hallmarks of our bipolar glaciated world, could it?

yeah, that's right. "homogenized" temperatures, which have been shown to be a fiction.
Their global "temperature" reconstructions are a joke. They don't show climate variability or that 8,500 years of the last 10,000 years were warmer than today like northern hemisphere ice core data does.

It appears Crick has run away when I destroyed his stupid CO2 is melting the Ice shelf baloney when I posted actual published research that there are erupting volcanoes under two of the main shelves that is a significant cause of the undenied melting.

POST 462

It appears Crick has run away when I destroyed his stupid CO2 is melting the Ice shelf baloney when I posted actual published research that there are erupting volcanoes under two of the main shelves that is a significant cause of the undenied melting.

POST 462
I have been visiting my daughter and our first grandchild. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up. I'm glad to see that you do not deny the melting. The problem with your contention, however, is that it is not supported by the facts. The volcanoes under Antaractica, predominantly in Marie Byrd Land have existed for millions of years and thei activities are measured on geological scales. At present, very few of them are active and there is no evidence correlating them to Antaractica's ongoing mass loss.

For a discussion of volanism in both Greenland and Anatactica, see: Fire and Ice: Why Volcanic Activity Is Not Melting the Polar Ice Sheets – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

I have been visiting my daughter and our first grandchild. Sorry to have gotten your hopes up. I'm glad to see that you do not deny the melting. The problem with your contention, however, is that it is not supported by the facts. The volcanoes under Antaractica, predominantly in Marie Byrd Land have existed for millions of years and thei activities are measured on geological scales. At present, very few of them are active and there is no evidence correlating them to Antaractica's ongoing mass loss.

For a discussion of volanism in both Greenland and Anatactica, see: Fire and Ice: Why Volcanic Activity Is Not Melting the Polar Ice Sheets – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Ha ha ha, you didn't address anything from MY link which is run by a GEOLOGIST who is an active researcher in plate Climatology.

Meanwhile GRACE has been shown to be unreliable as it also claims ice loss in regions that never gets above 0 degrees F year around. It measures changes in GRAVITY in an active geological region!

:auiqs.jpg:

Amazing Grace​

LINK

Then again 7 years later more GRACE problems show up,

Another Smoking Gun That GRACE Data Is Garbage​

LINK

From NASA

Oct 30, 2015

NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses

LINK

"The study analyzed changes in the surface height of the Antarctic ice sheet measured by radar altimeters on two European Space Agency European Remote Sensing (ERS) satellites, spanning from 1992 to 2001, and by the laser altimeter on NASA’s Ice, Cloud, and land Elevation Satellite (ICESat) from 2003 to 2008."

They used far more reliable satellite data.

======

Here is what you missed when your prejudice kicked in that caused you to ignore my links and CONTENT:

Newsweek

NASA Discovers Mantle Plume Almost as Hot as Yellowstone Supervolcano That's Melting Antarctica From Below​

BY HANNAH OSBORNE ON 11/8/17

Excerpt:

mantle plume producing almost as much heat as Yellowstone supervolcano appears to be melting part of West Antarctica from beneath.

Researchers at NASA have discovered a huge upwelling of hot rock under Marie Byrd Land, which lies between the Ross Ice Shelf and the Ross Sea, is creating vast lakes and rivers under the ice sheet. The presence of a huge mantle plume could explain why the region is so unstable today, and why it collapsed so quickly at the end of the last Ice Age, 11,000 years ago.

LINK

and,

Nature

Evidence of an active volcanic heat source beneath the Pine Island Glacier​

LINK

and,

Geological Society Publications

A new volcanic province: an inventory of subglacial volcanoes in West Antarctica​

LINK

and,

Live Sciences

Hidden Volcanoes Melt Antarctic Glaciers from Below​

LINK

and,

ABC News

First Subglacial Eruption Found in Antarctica​

LINK

There is more available elsewhere in the forum.

=====

Last note:

Claimed losses versus total mass (this part MSM doesn't mention)

cumulative-ice-loss-antarctica-1992-2017.png

change-in-ice-mass-antarctica-1992-2017.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back