Historic Numbers Debunk Biden's Claim That The Record-Setting Illegal Surge We Are Seeing Is 'Seasonal', Nothing New

President Biden last month downplayed the surge in migrants coming to the southern border, saying surges happen "every year" -- but while that is the case, the numbers released Thursday show that the current surge is dwarfing anything in recent memory.

"The truth of the matter is: Nothing has changed. It happens every single, solitary year: There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. That happens every year.

There are frequently increases in migration toward the end of winter and beginning of spring -- with officials sometimes speaking about "migration season." The peak is often around May, at which point numbers begin to drop off. "
- President Joe Biden

JOE BIDEN LIED AND CONTINUES TO LIE:

"The numbers being encountered during the Biden administration are not something that happens every year.
- Over 172,000 migrants were encountered in March, the highest number in nearly twenty years.
- 18,890 unaccompanied children -- a 100% increase from the already high numbers encountered in February, and the largest monthly number ever recorded."

The children came here from tent cities in Mexico. A disgrace un American un humanitarian. The problem is being fixed. If it hasn't been already. Supposedly 88% fewer this month than last month.

President Biden last month downplayed the surge in migrants coming to the southern border, saying surges happen "every year" -- but while that is the case, the numbers released Thursday show that the current surge is dwarfing anything in recent memory.

"The truth of the matter is: Nothing has changed. It happens every single, solitary year: There is a significant increase in the number of people coming to the border in the winter months of January, February, March. That happens every year.

There are frequently increases in migration toward the end of winter and beginning of spring -- with officials sometimes speaking about "migration season." The peak is often around May, at which point numbers begin to drop off. "
- President Joe Biden

"The numbers being encountered during the Biden administration are not something that happens every year.
- Over 172,000 migrants were encountered in March, the highest number in nearly twenty years.
- 18,890 unaccompanied children -- a 100% increase from the already high numbers encountered in February, and the largest monthly number ever recorded."

Of course it's seasonal. Or do you think that people from Central America are going to want to take that long walk in the heat of summer in July and August. Early in the year when winter is just about to give way to spring is the smartest time to make that trek. And this year is worse because of a couple of devastating hurricanes last year which pretty much destroyed everything.
You're so full of shit.

- President Joe Biden

Of course it's seasonal. Or do you think that people from Central America are going to want to take that long walk in the heat of summer in July and August. Early in the year when winter is just about to give way to spring is the smartest time to make that trek. And this year is worse because of a couple of devastating hurricanes last year which pretty much destroyed everything.

They didn't advance like locusts until Biden 'Come one, Come all', stole the election, nimrod.

How long do you think it would take for the average person (with small children) to walk 1,400 miles without killing themselves in the process? Keep in mind that you'd have to find food, water, and shelter every day while also carrying supplies like, clothes, blankets, and water (which just happens to weigh 8 pounds/gallon).
They don't need shirts Biden is giving them those.

- President Joe Biden

They didn't advance like locusts until Biden 'Come one, Come all', stole the election, nimrod.

How long do you think it would take for the average person (with small children) to walk 1,400 miles without killing themselves in the process? Keep in mind that you'd have to find food, water, and shelter every day while also carrying supplies like, clothes, blankets, and water (which just happens to weigh 8 pounds/gallon).

I don't give a flying fuck! That is their decision!!
THEY ARE NOT OUR RESPONSIBILTY!!!

My question was meant for you to THINK about how long it takes to walk that kind of distance. I should have realized I was asking for too much. However, once they are inside our borders, of course they're our responsibility, both morally and legally.

Thanx to Joe, the Dimm-shits, and their supporters.
That's not true. Migration (as opposed to immigration) is a naturally occurring phenomenon for humans as well as it is in nature. Europe experienced a massive migration of Syrians due to the war that Assad waged on his own people. Our own country saw a massive wave of migration from the Cubans (fleeing Castro) in the 1960s and from Haiti in the 1980s.

People will generally stay where they were born until or unless life become intolerable for some reason. The potato famine brought the Irish to our shores in the 1800s.

And get ready for what is to come because climate change is going to cause massive shifts in populations when living conditions around the equator will cause people to move because human life will no longer be sustainable. This is one of the areas where conservatives are so shortsighted. You see, you guys want to deny climate change instead of addressing it, and you're simply setting the stage for millions of people migrating north.

Migration is only naturally occurring when a Country like our's has open borders!

Your open borders comment is just more RW rhetorical nonsense. Our borders are not "open." Neither are they "closed."

We do a lot of trade with both Mexico and Canada, but there are manned border crossings where everyone is required to stop. I should know since I've walked over a bridge to go from Laredo, Texas to Nuevo Laredo, Mexico and back again. Cars are stopped, people are questioned, and documentation is required, but that doesn't mean that people can't get around the system safeguards. After all, that's what drug smugglers and Coyotes do.

I keep hearing conservative idiots talk about "SEAL the border!" That's not just stupid, it's nonsense. Do you have any idea how much business passes north and south on both of our borders for American companies that are dependent on foreign suppliers? It's billions of dollars.

I wish you guys would educate yourself before you inflict your uninformed opinions on the rest of us!
I hope you lose your job and livelihood to one of these criminals that illegally cross into our country. Then you will see the need to control immigrants coming across our border.

- President Joe Biden

You're so full of shit.
When do snowbirds go to Arizona?

- President Joe Biden

You're so full of shit.
Lol, Biden has opened the border to anyone that wants to come. You're also an idiot.

- President Joe Biden

I once had a back and forth on this message board about Americans who were setting up water stations in the desert so people would have water. I supported it on humanitarian grounds. The other poster did not support it and had no problem with the idea that people, maybe even children, might very well die of thirst and exposure. That told me all I needed to know about the man and conservatives in general.

Keep something else in mind. Dying of thirst is an excruciating death which I briefly caught a glimpse of about 20 years ago when a friend of mine and I went hiking, mistakenly got off the trail, and ran out of water on a hot day. However, we were lucky. We were on a mountain that had trees so we weren't directly under the sun, and we were only lost for a few hours before we found a stream. However, I was truly surprised bad it felt; it was like slow torture, and ten minutes seemed like an hour because I couldn't think about anything but water. It's far worse than going without food for days.

- President Joe Biden

I once had a back and forth on this message board about Americans who were setting up water stations in the desert so people would have water. I supported it on humanitarian grounds. The other poster did not support it and had no problem with the idea that people, maybe even children, might very well die of thirst and exposure. That told me all I needed to know about the man and conservatives in general.

Keep something else in mind. Dying of thirst is an excruciating death which I briefly caught a glimpse of about 20 years ago when a friend of mine and I went hiking, mistakenly got off the trail, and ran out of water on a hot day. However, we were lucky. We were on a mountain that had trees so we weren't directly under the sun, and we were only lost for a few hours before we found a stream. However, I was truly surprised bad it felt; it was like slow torture, and ten minutes seemed like an hour because I couldn't think about anything but water. It's far worse than going without food for days.
Then Biden needs to tell them to stay home. I don't have a problem with people giving them water because I don't want anyone to suffer. But give them water and send them back home. We need to take care of our own first before we try to take care of the world.

- President Joe Biden

Then Biden needs to tell them to stay home. I don't have a problem with people giving them water because I don't want anyone to suffer. But give them water and send them back home. We need to take care of our own first before we try to take care of the world.
If you think it's bad now, just wait until climate change gets worse. We could end up having several refugee camps with millions of people in them.

- President Joe Biden

If you think it's bad now, just wait until climate change gets worse. We could end up having several refugee camps with millions of people in them.
Climate change is a hoax.

- President Joe Biden

The hoax argument might work once in a blue moon. However, even then it would require a demonstrable lack of evidence to make that argument stick.

But once Trump starting using the word hoax, you Trump lackeys seem to think you can pull the "hoax" argument out as if this was a monopoly game and the "hoax" argument is a get out of jail free card that you picked from the pile of Community Chest cards. Games may work like that, but real life requires more than a dismissive attitude summed up with only one word and no evidence to back it up.

Conservatives may be okay with being simpletons who believe what they want or what their told to believe, but the rest of us want evidence so we're not always running down rabbit holes only to regret our foolishness later on.

- President Joe Biden

The hoax argument might work once in a blue moon. However, even then it would require a demonstrable lack of evidence to make that argument stick.

But once Trump starting using the word hoax, you Trump lackeys seem to think you can pull the "hoax" argument out as if this was a monopoly game and the "hoax" argument is a get out of jail free card that you picked from the pile of Community Chest cards. Games may work like that, but real life requires more than a dismissive attitude summed up with only one word and no evidence to back it up.

Conservatives may be okay with being simpletons who believe what they want or what their told to believe, but the rest of us want evidence so we're not always running down rabbit holes only to regret our foolishness later on.
Every prediction from the 1970s to now have all been lies. The idea that we can destroy the earth is laughable. The earth will take care of itself. I still conserve and try not pollute, not because I think I'm saving the earth, but just not being an asshole.

- President Joe Biden

Do you think that desperate people are going to decide to just stay put in an area that's been devastated by hurricanes just because any US president says they should? And how are they supposed to get the message when their homes are destroyed and there's no electricity, not to mention limited potable water and food?

- President Joe Biden

Every prediction from the 1970s to now have all been lies. The idea that we can destroy the earth is laughable. The earth will take care of itself. I still conserve and try not pollute, not because I think I'm saving the earth, but just not being an asshole.
Who said that we're going to destroy the Earth?

If climate change is not reversed, or at least seriously slowed, what we'll end up doing is making all life's habitat considerably less habitable.

And if we do that, more and more species will die off, perhaps to the point of extinction. But the Earth will still be here.

One of the problems I rarely hear mentioned is where the heat goes eventually. It's the ocean in case you didn't know. If we ever get to a point where the coral reefs die, and the ocean cannot support sea life like it does not, we're probably doomed no matter what we do from that point forward.

- President Joe Biden

You're so full of shit.
Lol, Biden has opened the border to anyone that wants to come. You're also an idiot.

Dozens of Romanians came in yesterday.
Flew from France to Mexico and took a bus to the border.
It's a come one come all free for all open border!!

- President Joe Biden

You're so full of shit.

Dozens of Romanians came in yesterday.
Flew from France to Mexico and took a bus to the border.
It's a come one come all free for all open border!!
Yes it is.

Forum List

Back