Historian disagrees with comparison of ISIS to Crusades

All things considered, Muslims are like Nazis back in the 10 century, they invade the so called HOLY LAND, cut off pilgrimages by Christians in a wide open land, shut it down to Christians, practically invite hostility towards them, then deem anyone in a pejorative light, ie, infidels. Wow. Now, Muslims do the same stuff, invade foreign countries, try to impose their ridiculous religion on us, and have the gal to wonder WHY we westerners suspect THEM. Even though Most Islamic countries don't allow non Muslims to immigrate to their countries. Like Saudi Arabia , home of those Wahhabi Nazis like bin Laden, Zeig Allha! Bin Laden thought we were polluting the Islamic holy land of Saudi Arabia back in 1990 during desert storm, when us troops were there. 9/11 was supposedly ALL about us infidels polluting the holy land of Saudi Arabia, that's it. Burn a jordaian pilot alive, that is bad. Murder over 3000 people in NYC, they are just infidels.

Last edited:
"Historian disagrees with comparison of ISIS to Crusades"

And he's entitled to his opinion, however subjective.

The issue isn't comparing the Crusades to ISIS, however, as those who perceive such a comparison miss the point; the issue concerns the fact that all religions have had, and have now, a propensity toward violence, where that violence is committed by individuals, not religions – as the notion of a religion being 'violent' is ridiculous and inane.
And yet in order to make that point it would seem Obama had to go back 1000 years.

Christians took and sold slaves, Christians massacred civilian populations, so forth and so on.

Your argument would fail in any World Civ class. Stop your moral relativism
Stop your moral relativism?! Do you have any idea of the concept of irony.

FFS, everybody took and sold slaves and massacred. Some cultures and religions left that far behind. Only the most backward today still do, or burn people alive in the name of their God!You are an absolute bottom-feeder Jakey.

You are a moral relativist, trying to ignore the KKK, the Aryan nations, the Christian fascism of central and eastern Europe flogged on by Germany in the1930s and 1940s that chased down Jews and Orthodox and Romany, the Christians burning Muslims in Africa today.

Yes the bolded above demonstrates you would not last in a World Civ class.

WTF do you think you are?
No Jakey. nothing you've postulated adds up unless you're willing to go back 1000 years ago at least. Your dogma is far beyond any reasonable pale.

Slitting throats and burning captives live is surely in the realm of of Islam today.

Wrong and FO, meathead. What do you think African Christians are doing today?

We at the Core of Christiantiy are no better than those at the Core of Islam.

But the outliers, of which you are one, try to pretend the other guys bad guys are worse.

"I would bet boko haram killed more people last month than the inquisition killed in it's entire existence"

Probably not true, and if so adds nothing of worth to the debate.

I'm sorry, but bringing up things that happened THOUSANDS of years ago is what would be irrelevant to anything to DO with today's world. Lol. Do you realize how silly your statement sounded, "adds nothing of value to the debate."? Seriously? And you think comparing events from thousands of years ago to what is happening today means . . . what? What does it even mean? What is the point?
ChrisL and MaryL will not admit the African Christians are doing bad things to the African Muslims.

Yes, by the past we can evaluate the present. Anyone who cannot admit the truth of that needs to be examined for malignant motives.

Ladies, your comments deface the Core of Christianity.

"I would bet boko haram killed more people last month than the inquisition killed in it's entire existence"

I'm sorry, but bringing up things that happened THOUSANDS of years ago is what would be irrelevant to anything to DO with today's world. Lol. Do you realize how silly your statement sounded, "adds nothing of value to the debate."? Seriously? And you think comparing events from thousands of years ago to what is happening today means . . . what? What does it even mean? What is the point?
ChrisL and MaryL will not admit the African Christians are doing bad things to the African Muslims.

Yes, by the past we can evaluate the present. Anyone who cannot admit the truth of that needs to be examined for malignant motives.

You are full of it. There is absolutely no valid comparison to be made to the Inquisition period of history. Times were completely different, people were uneducated, more brutal and cold. That's a fact. It's comparing apples to oranges. Most of the modern world does not accept this type of behavior anymore. That wasn't the case back in the ancient times, like in the 1400s when the inquisition occurred. Lol. It's absolutely silly.

By the way, I'm much more agnostic than I am Christian. I would not consider myself a Christian.

Then if you agnostic we Christians and Muslims could care about what your agnostic butt thinks about what the Core are of our religions. Sheesh.

IMO, it is rather silly to make such comparisons because times were completely different back in ancient times. People were more violent in general, not to mention a lot more superstitious and ignorant. This is no longer acceptable behavior in our modern world. There is the most basic difference and why it's stupid to compare the situations.
you haven't spoken to a rw baser (MURICAN taliban) lately ChrisL

Forum List

Back