Historian disagrees with comparison of ISIS to Crusades

Historians Weigh in on Obama s Comparison of ISIS Militants to Medieval Christian Crusaders - Yahoo

One was a war to reclaim land and access to holy sites and the other is the indiscriminate slaughter of civilians and captured personal.
ISIS activists are extremists.

Whenever I hear people say muslim this muslim that I remind them of the Christian crusaders.

Then they usually say, well they aren't true Christians.

Which I respond, well then ISIS aren't true Muslims.

Sorry...the holy book of islam condones what they are doing....the teachings of Jesus do not condone the evil done in the name of God.....

Muslims tried to lock up the holy land back in the day, and Muslims pushed up in to Europe Spain, Italy, parts of France. Really? Aren't they doing that NOW? Of course, there are the suicide bombers. Muslims, pushing up into Europe. It's part of their disease, I mean religion. I never heard of a Christian, Buddhist or Jewish suicide bomber. Islam is all about taking over. Not co-existing. Islam is the original Nazis. I will never ever co exist with THEM.

The nazis got their idea of the yellow star to identify Jews from the muslim Turks......

The eXtreme right contingent engaging in moral relativism :clap2:

No the moral relativists are the ones who defend the violent muslims by blaming Christians during a period of the world where everyone was a barbarian......and at the time of the Crusades...where they only focus on Christian brutality...they forget to mention the muslims were doing the exact same thing, but on an even worse scale than the Crusaders......they always forget to point that out....and then as the West matured....they became civilized..while the muslims have stayed..."Stuck on Stupid"

Historians Weigh in on Obama s Comparison of ISIS Militants to Medieval Christian Crusaders - Yahoo

One was a war to reclaim land and access to holy sites and the other is the indiscriminate slaughter of civilians and captured personal.

Whenever I hear people say muslim this muslim that I remind them of the Christian crusaders.

Sorry...the holy book of islam condones what they are doing....the teachings of Jesus do not condone the evil done in the name of God.....

Massacre of Jerusalem by christian savages
Jews fought side-by-side with Muslim soldiers to defend Jerusalem against the Crusaders] Saint Louis University Professor Thomas Madden, author of A Concise History of the Crusades, claims the "Jewish Defenders" of the city knew the rules of warfare and retreated to their synagogue to "prepare for death" since the Crusaders had breached the outer walls.According to the Muslim chronicle of Ibn al-Qalanisi, "The Jews assembled in their synagogue, and the Franks burned it over their heads."The Crusaders "[circled] the screaming, flame-tortured humanity singing 'Christ We Adore Thee!' with their Crusader crosses held high." However, a contemporary Jewish communication does not corroborate the report that Jews were actually inside of the Synagogue when it was set fire. This letter was discovered among the Cairo Geniza collection in 1975 by historian Shelomo Dov Goitein.] Historians believe that it was written just two weeks after the siege, making it "the earliest account on the conquest in any language."[However, all sources agree that a synagogue was indeed burned during the siege.

Massacre of Jerusalem by christian savages
Jews fought side-by-side with Muslim soldiers to defend Jerusalem against the Crusaders] Saint Louis University Professor Thomas Madden, author of A Concise History of the Crusades, claims the "Jewish Defenders" of the city knew the rules of warfare and retreated to their synagogue to "prepare for death" since the Crusaders had breached the outer walls.According to the Muslim chronicle of Ibn al-Qalanisi, "The Jews assembled in their synagogue, and the Franks burned it over their heads."The Crusaders "[circled] the screaming, flame-tortured humanity singing 'Christ We Adore Thee!' with their Crusader crosses held high." However, a contemporary Jewish communication does not corroborate the report that Jews were actually inside of the Synagogue when it was set fire. This letter was discovered among the Cairo Geniza collection in 1975 by historian Shelomo Dov Goitein.] Historians believe that it was written just two weeks after the siege, making it "the earliest account on the conquest in any language."[However, all sources agree that a synagogue was indeed burned during the siege.

Yeah....so.....it was a barbaric time...and the muslims were just as violent and brutal as any other group......and again....we are talking a time of primitive peoples........and we are talking about 2015 muslim behavior.....there is no comparison....Chritian society grew up....muslim society has stayed barbaric..........how about we focus on this week....not the 12th century.........

No acceptable defense exists for the Crusaders any more than the ISIS fighters.

Terrible carnage was done and is being done in the name of their Gods.

Yea, terrible carnage like freeing Christian slaves from their Islamist masters.

Christians took and sold slaves, Christians massacred civilian populations, so forth and so on.

Your argument would fail in any World Civ class. Stop your moral relativism

The far right's moral relativists fail in their defense of the Crusades and their attempts to deflect unlink the barbaric historical parts of both violent Christianity and Islam.

Good on Obama and moral Americans that they can distinguish the jihadists from the those Muslims who are not and who condemn the jihadists.

We have supposed Christians burning Muslims alive in Africa. KKK and Aryan supremacist groups use the Bible to justify their evil ways.

The far right's moral relativists fail in their defense of the Crusades and their attempts to deflect unlink the barbaric historical parts of both violent Christianity and Islam.

Good on Obama and moral Americans that they can distinguish the jihadists from the those Muslims who are not and who condemn the jihadists.

We have supposed Christians burning Muslims alive in Africa. KKK and Aryan supremacist groups use the Bible to justify their evil ways.
Ya cause after all Obama and you had to go back a thousand years to get a supposed equivalent situation and it isn't even the same.

You trying to act smart is the fail here. I don't see nations going to war with the KKK or Aryans or supposed Christians in Africa. Most of us know why but you don't.

You trying to act smart is the fail here. I don't see nations going to war with the KKK or Aryans or supposed Christians in Africa. Most of us know why but you don't.
You, as a moral relativist, don't have a clue.

I am worried that the moral relativists of Americ's far right reactionary drone world will try to drag military America by the hundreds of thousands back to the ME sand box.

The jihadists are no more real Muslims than are the modern time Nazis who preached in the name of Christ against the Jews or African Christians burning African Muslims today or the hell-bound KKK who burned crosses on the yards of their enemies.

chiken and gunny, stop your moral relativism, please.

Muslims tried to lock up the holy land back in the day, and Muslims pushed up in to Europe Spain, Italy, parts of France. Really? Aren't they doing that NOW? Of course, there are the suicide bombers. Muslims, pushing up into Europe. It's part of their disease, I mean religion. I never heard of a Christian, Buddhist or Jewish suicide bomber. Islam is all about taking over. Not co-existing. Islam is the original Nazis. I will never ever co exist with THEM.

The nazis got their idea of the yellow star to identify Jews from the muslim Turks......
Actually it was done during the Austrian empire era also....Started in 1551

"don't see nations going to war with the KKK or Aryans or supposed Christians in Africa. Most of us know why but you don't."

I understand you don't like your moral relativism corrected, bub, and I can can tell by your response you are not much of a Christian and even less of a historian.

I understand you don't like your moral relativism corrected, bub, and I can can tell by your response you are not much of a Christian and even less of a historian.
You're too stupid to realize that the moral relativism is what obama was doing, not those calling him on it. I never said I was a Christian either, dumb fuck.

To islamofacists the crusades can be cured by letting muslims do today what the crusades prevented them from doing 1000 years ago. Kill all the infidels and take what they have.

The eXtreme right contingent engaging in moral relativism :clap2:

No the moral relativists are the ones who defend the violent muslims by blaming Christians during a period of the world where everyone was a barbarian......and at the time of the Crusades...where they only focus on Christian brutality...they forget to mention the muslims were doing the exact same thing, but on an even worse scale than the Crusaders......they always forget to point that out....and then as the West matured....they became civilized..while the muslims have stayed..."Stuck on Stupid"
link n00b. K? thanks.

opinions are like a-holes :up: everybody has one. Not particularly interested in a n00bs like yours :anj_stfu:

Christians took and sold slaves, Christians massacred civilian populations, so forth and so on.

Your argument would fail in any World Civ class. Stop your moral relativism
Stop your moral relativism?! Do you have any idea of the concept of irony.

FFS, everybody took and sold slaves and massacred. Some cultures and religions left that far behind. Only the most backward today still do, or burn people alive in the name of their God!

You are an absolute bottom-feeder Jakey.

Forum List

Back