Hillary Clinton and Güther Jauch in Geman TV

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Guenther-Jauch-Clinton-und-von-der-Leyen.jpg

An interview is running in German TV right now, in ARD (public station no. 1), with Günther Jauch as the moderator, and three very powerful women as guests:

1.) Hillary Clinton

2.) Ursula van der Leyen, German minister of defense

3.) Margot Käßmann - the most powerful woman in the German protestant Church.

I believe the interview was live yesterday and this is a repeat showing on TV.

Part of the topic is Hillary's book, but Günther Jauch was really, really hard in his questions about the NSA affair - and he didn't let go. Good for Günther Jauch. He also gave no softball questions about Snowden.

A lot of the conversation was about trust: trust between the USA and Deutschland.

When Jauch showed the photo that the White House published on the day that Bin Laden was killed in 2011, Hillary went into great detail about what she was watching and what she was feeling as it happened. Jauch then asked Defense Minister Ursula van der Leyen if she would be willing to sit in a room and watch a video of a killing in progress, she said a firm "NO", but then reminded that Germany did not have to go through what the USA went through on 9-1-1-.

Clinton answered the NSA questions quite deftly and made sure to remind that in terms of the most recent skiff over this, this last week, that she has nothing to do with it, because she is no longer SOS and therefore cannot speak to it.

The conversation turned to Russia and all of the many difficulties that the western world has had, especially with Putin. Clinton appears to have some respect for Medvedev, saying that he wants to create a russian form of Silicon Valley.

The best laugh of the evening happened as Jauch presented photos of Putin (without shirt, holding a gun), Sarkosy (looking like a Marlboro Man) and Bush 43 (in his cowboy hat) and then asked how important is is the men who are world leaders present themselves as machos, van der Leyen laughed and said in German, "oh, were they to know how little this means to smart women" - the audience erupted in laughter.

Jauch asked Hillary about Lewinski and the Lewinski affair. Hillary said: I don't think about it, I have forgiven, time to move on. Van der Leyen and Käßmann both laughed and said, "in Germany, this wouldn't make a bit of difference to begin with".

Jauch then asked Hillary if she has grown some really thick skin and Hillary said, "I've been doing this for a good while, and yes, I've grown a thick skin".

Jauch asked if Hillary is running in 2016. Hillary said, "If I tell you, do you promise not to tell."

Just for fun, at the end of the interview, Jauch showed a really funny vid that the Clinton's put together with Bill as First Man...... actually, the film looks like a fun vid they put together at the end of Bill's presidency. It was delightful.

Jauch, as a last question, with an eye on FIFA, asked Clinton if she every played soccer. She said that she played in the 8th grade on her middle school team.

About Günther Jauch: he is probably the most honorable journalist I have ever seen. He does REAL journalism: he does his own research, he asks questions that others won't ask, and he doesn't bow to the opinion of the majority. When many in Germany were saying all sorts of nasty things about former President George W. Bush, Jauch did not partake. In fact, he was one of the few who kept saying things like "but we are not in Pres. Bush's shoes and cannot see all of the CIA information that he can see". I have never seen Jauch trash anybody ever, and he works hard to present all sides of an issue. When people in Germany look for a neutral interviewer, they look for a Günther Jauch or an Anne Will (she is also excellent).

guenther-jauch-hillary-clinton.jpg

If you want to see the interview (in German):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a most interesting interview.

Some German articles over the interview:

Hillary Clinton bei "Günther Jauch": Plaudern über den gerechten Tod - Kultur | STERN.DE

Hillary Clinton bei Günther Jauch: TV-Kritik - Medien - Süddeutsche.de

"Günther Jauch" : Margot Käßmann liest Hillary Clinton die Leviten - Nachrichten Panorama - DIE WELT

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back