Hi everyone.

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Better get here quick then! All the Cities you mentioned have been shutdown burned and looted. Stupid people burned their own support systems down and have to drive or ride a bus across town to buy food in some places. Better catch the next flight to somewhere other than the cities you mentioned. Have fun here lots of opinions looking forward to yours ….. welcome mate!

Yeah it saddens me seeing what's going on.

It's tragic. But I've found you can't win either way when you give an opinion on it so I just sit from afar, hoping things get better and the world get's back to normal soon.

I enjoyed some of the places more than others, but even the places I found to be a bit crap (like Detroit - apologies if anyone reading is from there) was still a great experience. Would go back in a heartbeat so either I'm insane or it's not that crap really.
Stay away from the Badlands for a while. It's a part of the forum which can get as testy as a rangers/Celtic game of football.....and just as uncivil!!!

I usually post there; thick skin and being a bit of a bastard helps.

Greg

I'm an avid Rangers supporter (actually seen them play in the States - New York, Florida twice and Charleston) - so I'm used to being called all sorts here due to that! hah

I've travelled all around Europe watching them too - seen then play matches in Ireland, England, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Italy, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Poland, Dubai, Greece, Romania, Canada, Croatia, Serbia, Turkey, Switzerland & Cyprus.

A lot of them multiple times depending on the what the fixture draws throw up.

As you can tell, travelling is my passion in life and when I can combine with watching my team then it's win-win.
Need to do it before the green new deal sets in. Otherwise it will be a slow boat from China that will bring you across the Atlantic...

What's the new Green deal entail mate?
No more fossil fuel usage. That means you cant fly a jet over here. Or use a ship that burns oil. Only sailboats.

That means , this is your way of travel to the US.
9th Card.jpg

Is it pronounced hard K celtics...or S celtics? I've heard both but never know which one is correct.

Meanwhile...I always wanted to see Scotland. And Ireland. My roots calling me, I guess.

I refer to them as Septic :)

BTW can I also just clear up, no-one in Scotland runs around wearing kilts (unless they're drunk at a wedding)

Is it pronounced hard K celtics...or S celtics? I've heard both but never know which one is correct.

Meanwhile...I always wanted to see Scotland. And Ireland. My roots calling me, I guess.

Me too, unfortunately I've only done Ireland so far.

It's a hard C. The basketball team is the only one that aspirates the C.

BTW can I also just clear up, no-one in Scotland runs around wearing kilts (unless they're drunk at a wedding)

Kilts are expensive ... my brother had one made in our tartan and it was a little crazy all the hoops he had to jump through ... starting with seven yards of fabric special ordered ... he wore it fairly often ... the sad part was is that our paternal grandfather was adopted, we don't have any Scottish blood except what little slips through our Irish ancestry ...

Kilts are expensive ... my brother had one made in our tartan and it was a little crazy all the hoops he had to jump through ... starting with seven yards of fabric special ordered ... he wore it fairly often ... the sad part was is that our paternal grandfather was adopted, we don't have any Scottish blood except what little slips through our Irish ancestry ...

I honestly wouldn't know as I've never worn one (and never will) - the only person that's ever looked good in one is Roddy Piper in the WWF when I was a kid lol

If I'm being honest I find kilts, bagpipes, Highland dancing etc extremely cringeworthy. Worst stereotype ever haha.

If I'm being honest I find kilts, bagpipes, Highland dancing etc extremely cringeworthy. Worst stereotype ever haha.

I would have thought the successful Neanderthal/Human hybrids settling in Albion was the worst stereotype ...

I've literally no idea what that means :)
So you don't want to get involved in politics but although there are plenty of other categories I'd say 8 out of 10 posts are political and mainly about the US.

Strange you go with a highly political avatar Scottish Brexiteer UK.
Suggests your a Tory, and a Rangers fan - I thought they had died out north of the border? Tory's not Rangers fans.
So we know where to come when the full bollocks up that is Brexit manifests itself over the next couple of years!

I would have thought the successful Neanderthal/Human hybrids settling in Albion was the worst stereotype ...

I've literally no idea what that means :)
So you don't want to get involved in politics but although there are plenty of other categories I'd say 8 out of 10 posts are political and mainly about the US.

Strange you go with a highly political avatar Scottish Brexiteer UK.
Suggests your a Tory, and a Rangers fan - I thought they had died out north of the border? Tory's not Rangers fans.
So we know where to come when the full bollocks up that is Brexit manifests itself over the next couple of years!

I was only talking about not wanting to get involved in American politics. I'm more than comfortable with my own username, thank you.

I'm not a Tory. In fact I've probably voted Labour a lot more than Conservative mainly for tactical reasons (to remove the SNP - but no such luck so far).

Is there something wrong with being a Rangers fan? you said that with a bit of a sneering tone.

Brexit will be fantastic - if maniacs like you will let it take it's course and give a chance. Of course, remoaners will never do that because they're too emotionally invested in it and will be devastated if in the long run our country is better for it. Give it a chance, then come back to me later if it's a disaster. There's no proof it will be. The remoaners used Nissan as an industry yardstick about how Brexit would cost them jobs guess what, they've now come out and said Brexit will be great for them.

Still waiting on the sky falling in all around us regards the other Brexit horror predictions too.

Hope that clears it all up for you.

I was only talking about not wanting to get involved in American politics. I'm more than comfortable with my own username, thank you.

I'm not a Tory. In fact I've probably voted Labour a lot more than Conservative mainly for tactical reasons (to remove the SNP - but no such luck so far).

Is there something wrong with being a Rangers fan? you said that with a bit of a sneering tone.
Some here are not worthy speaking to. It's like trying to talk to a vicious dog. They don't understand a word you say, and bark at you constantly. We have an ignore feature here. I recommend using it or...don't respond to their feeble but irritating attempts to be noticed. :)

Names John.

Just encountered this fantastic looking site and I had to sign up and join in some of the wide-ranging debates during our lockdown here.

I'm from just outside Glasgow, Scotland in the UK and I'm interested in loads of different things (and have an opinion on most stuff) so will be great to get involved and get chatting with some of you.

Love USA as a country. Best country on earth IMO - I've visited Orlando, Charleston South Carolina, Myrtle Beach, Atlanta, Dallas, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, Chicago, New York, Boston, Salem, Chicago, Detroit and Cleveland.

Once this global pandemic is over (and I'm back in employment) I'll be making it a priority to get back across and tick more fantastic towns/cities off my to-see list !! - my main goal in life in literally to see as much of America as I can.

In the meantime I come in peace and hope to join in the debates and (hopefully) make some new friends - you never know.
Welcome mate. There are a lot of rules here so read you some. You probably got the huge rule manual along with a 40hr course. There will be a 100 question examination that you must get at least 95%. If you get 94 you will have a public humiliation and then banned.....Have fun here and enjoy.

I think it's the S.sound...................my source? Rod Stewart

3:01

Greg

What do you think of the ginger dwarf?

I can imagine so many different things in those few words...lol....Please explain.

Forum List

Back