Zone1 Hey, November is Native American Month!

November is half over and I just heard this today. There's nothing that I see on USMB, isn't this important? What are the goals for NA communities? Water rights? Education? Crime reduction? Other?
It's not Native American Month. It's National Native American Heritage Month.
National Native American Heritage Month is celebrated each year in November. It is a time to celebrate the traditions, languages and stories of Native American, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, and affiliated Island communities and ensure their rich histories and contributions continue to thrive with each passing generation. This November and every month, we celebrate the culture and heritage of these remarkable Americans who deeply enrich the quality and character of our Nation. We celebrate Indian Country with its remarkable diversity of American Indian and Alaska Native cultures and peoples while remembering and honoring our veterans who have sacrificed so much to defend our Nation.
You can educate yourself HERE.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
November is half over and I just heard this today. There's nothing that I see on USMB, isn't this important? What are the goals for NA communities? Water rights? Education? Crime reduction? Other?
In case you were wondering why I didn’t make a thread about it, it’s comments like this in my Rez Dogs thread.

Tell me they don't eat the dogs and I may watch it.

Any cute squaw gash in it?

Please, don't eat my dog.

-Last Of The Dogmen

lol at '100% accurate native culture'. If that were true we would just watch a couple of hours of drinking, puking, and passing out.

In case you were wondering why I didn’t make a thread about it, it’s comments like this in my Rez Dogs thread.
Yeah, this kind of ignorance gets old. It's rich to see the descendants of illegal immigrants talking mess about the people descend from those who were kind enough not to slaughter every white person who got off the boat whhen they first landed here.

History month names are arbitrary, my experience with NA culture is as I told you. You choose to ignore it because you need me to be a Racist just like your friend IM2angry.
This particular history month is for us, not you. It's about us celebrating our culture. You are not invited. We Natives are not inclusive when it comes to things like this.

Forum List

Back