Zone1 Hey, everyone! Newbie here with a question to the forum vets.

I am explaining to you the data. If you dont like the explanation I can’t help you. I noticed you didn’t dispute anything I’ve posted so far. Only name calling (trying to get around zone 1 entirely disingenuously) and rantings.
Dude, first off your data ends 07-01-2023 while it is now 12-20-2023 which is crunch time for people spending money for Christmas. Got that? I am reporting what the data shows with Credit Card debt, because people cannot afford to buy anything in Joe Bidumbs economy because of his Bidinflation. I disputed your graph with actual NEWS article showing that Credit Card debt, but since your head is up Uranus as typical of a Marxists, you just dont like it when you are punked out.

Just ignore the facts, Citigater.........up 5% from the previous quarter, or did you fail to read that part, or maybe the entire article?
News flash. It goes up every 3rd and 4th quarter and down in the first and second. It’s almost as if people buy more at back to school and holiday season. Duh.

Dude, first off your data ends 07-01-2023 while it is now 12-20-2023 which is crunch time for people spending money for Christmas. Got that? I am reporting what the data shows with Credit Card debt, because people cannot afford to buy anything in Joe Bidumbs economy because of his Bidinflation. I disputed your graph with actual NEWS article showing that Credit Card debt, but since your head is up Uranus as typical of a Marxists, you just dont like it when you are punked out.
You don’t understand data at all. Here is a 2019 article about debt hitting a record high at $870B which adjusted for inflation would be same as we have today. See inflation adjusted below the article showing $870B in 2019 is $1,044B and we have $1,008B.

We have LESS debt than we had in 2019. DO YOU GET THAT?????

U.S. Credit Card Debt Closed 2018 at a Record $870 Billion

U.S. credit card debt hit $870 billion -- the largest amount ever -- as of December 2018, according to the data from the Federal Reserve. Credit card balances rose by $26 billion from the prior quarter.

"The increase in credit card balances is consistent with seasonal patterns but marks the first time credit card balances re-touched the 2008 nominal peak," according to the report.

IMG_0495.jpeg

Hey, everyone! As the title says, I'm new here with a question for the forum vets. How do I post here without getting banned?

Background: I registered last night because I was looking for a forum setting to debate politics (getting tired of what I'm seeing on FB). So I registered and then created my first thread in Politics. Shortly thereafter, my thread was deleted. So after seeing that, I thought maybe there are some sort of forum guidelines that I missed about new members creating threads, so I came here to the Introduce Yourself section and made a post inquiring about that. The responses seemed to indicate there is no rule about new members creating threads, so I wrote the deletion off to a glitch. Then I reposted my post. Shortly thereafter, I was banned.

Is there some rule or something that I need to follow in order to participate without getting banned? I come here in good faith. There was no foul language or trolling in my post that was deleted. I honestly have no idea why my post was deleted or why I was banned. I emailed the admins through the "contact us" form but received no response. I'm here again with a new account but I don't want to post anywhere but here until I understand what the rules are.
That seems odd to me because I find this forum the most free-speech "Mainstream" forum I've ever seen. Two of my posts were deleted for being "off-topic" where most of the other posters on the thread were much more "off-topic" and got away with it so I decided it had to do with either the author of the thread not liking my opinion or some moderator whose wife was on the rag that day. There probably is some buddy-buddy between some members and moderators who misuse the "delete" button as a personal favour but I don't think it's extreme. I mean, I've had some heated disagreements here but (as I said) only two of my posts were ever deleted.
Seems they just don't like you.
Yes, I suspect that's it.

I read through the guidelines, but I still don't see where I violated any rules. This is what I said (below) in the thread I created that was deleted and got me banned. Am I breaking rules somewhere in here? The thread title was originally "Results of Bidenomics" The second time, I think it was "New member looking for engaging discussion on Bidenomics. Data inside." I was trying to go out of my way to explain that I'm looking for engaging discussion on economics.

The actual post:

GDP growth is currently at 5.2% - historically high. Unemployment (U3) is currently at 3.7% - historically low. The stock market is currently at an all time high - historically...record breaking. Pandemic-related (supply shock) inflation is now getting under control as a result of interest rate hikes from the central bank. Economists are now saying we will get a soft landing out of inflation as opposed to a recession. Here in FL where I live, there are 176 infrastructure projects queued up and backed by $8.1B in funding from Biden's historic infrastructure bill to build and repair roads, bridges, public transport, ports, airports, clean water, etc. This will ensure economic prosperity for the next several years during the building phase at the very least.

And yet if I talk to any of my republican voter friends, most tend to disregard all of the economic data mentioned above and instead declare - without any supporting facts or data - that we're actually in the worst economy in 50 years. So with that, I'm curious what republicans voters (I'm including libertarians here as well) here on this board think about the economy?

Here are the facts one more time. 5.2% GDP. 3.7% unemployment. Record high stock market. Solid growth in output. Solid stability in the labor market. Solid value in investment. And as things like the Infrastructure bill and the CHIPs Act play out, there are solid economic prospects for the future for years to come.

I'm going to add in some historical jobs numbers as well, since Joe Biden was also VP in the Obama administration. Quite literally all private sector job growth in the 21st century happened under democratic presidents. The numbers below are from BLS databases (B tables on seasonally adjusted private sector jobs).

Clinton - 2000 to 2001: 1.4M jobs created

W Bush - 2001 to 2009: 373k jobs lost

Obama - 2019 to 2017: 11.8M jobs created

Trump - 2017 to 2021: 2.1M jobs lost

Biden - 2021 to 2023: 12.8M jobs created

GDP expansion and the labor market are some of the most commonly cited data points used by economists to explain the economy, and they always seem to do quite well under democrats, but no so much under republicans. So there is the data for the 21st century.

Putting all of this together, what do republican/libertarian voters of this site make of all of this and Bidenomics? I'm interested in hearing about how you think the economy is doing today, and what data it is you're looking at that leads you to that conclusion. Also curious in what you have to say about the current state of GDP, the labor market, and the stock market. Also curious about what you think about jobs results in the 21st century.

GDP data: https://www.bea.gov/news/2023/gross...-corporate-profits-preliminary-estimate-third

Unemployment rate data: Employment Situation Summary - 2023 M11 Results

Historical jobs data: Establishment data series from the monthly B Tables : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Well, you’re verbose, anyway.

With sincere appreciation for such a careful person.Hey, everyone! As the title says, I'm new here with a question for the forum vets. How do I post here without getting banned?

Background: I registered last night because I was looking for a forum setting to debate politics (getting tired of what I'm seeing on FB). So I registered and then created my first thread in Politics. Shortly thereafter, my thread was deleted. So after seeing that, I thought maybe there are some sort of forum guidelines that I missed about new members creating threads, so I came here to the Introduce Yourself section and made a post inquiring about that. The responses seemed to indicate there is no rule about new members creating threads, so I wrote the deletion off to a glitch. Then I reposted my post. Shortly thereafter, I was banned.

Is there some rule or something that I need to follow in order to participate without getting banned? I come here in good faith. There was no foul language or trolling in my post that was deleted. I honestly have no idea why my post was deleted or why I was banned. I emailed the admins through the "contact us" form but received no response. I'm here again with a new account but I don't want to post anywhere but here until I understand what the rules are.
I'm sorry I didn't see your original post, which had been taken down. I was going to check if you had placed links from your original post that matched your statement, and whether you placed a statement with benefits of the link. I'm sorry I wasn't helpful to you, but you are back, so I'm guessing you won't be banned again. If you got into a details argument with a moderator, that may not have been appreciated, but as I said, you're back, and I wish you nothing but good relations with both moderators and your fellow USMB posters. sincerely & with admiration for your seeking what happened. Criticizing the moderator who moderated your post is not allowed, whether you had a good reason or not. Nothing but the best since you are back and a little more careful than before. If you stay here, it proves to me you have starch. With sincere appreciation for such a careful person that you seem to be, beautress.

Last edited:
Hey, everyone! As the title says, I'm new here with a question for the forum vets. How do I post here without getting banned?

It's called reading the rules.
You should try it sometime.
Example, a weird thread about flowers and pollination and then trying to tie that in with the rise in people claiming transgender is not even close to political.

I believe it's hard to get banned on here, the mods allow free debate and that's what i like, maybe you are like me who has been banned from several other forums for as i see it giving opinions some people don't like.

My username that got banned was boardsofFL
I did some checking. . . and it appears you maybe, perhaps you are using a proxy? And whatever it is. . . seems to have a bad node. . .

🤔

The proxy that you are using has just one. . . IP blacklist hit, that pops up. Whenever we get a hit from any spam/blacklisted sites, and get a hit, they are denied access to the site. So. .. the first two attempts that you made to register, they were denied.

1703180251508.png

The third attempt, the proxy you were using, was not, at that moment, going through that bad node.

If you happen to post with this proxy, and it goes through that node again? Chances are, you will be banned again.

You forgot to endorse sexually mutilating children, killing all white people, and pronounce yourself as at least 10 of the new 354 genders.

I read through the guidelines, but I still don't see where I violated any rules. This is what I said (below) in the thread I created that was deleted and got me banned. Am I breaking rules somewhere in here? The thread title was originally "Results of Bidenomics" The second time, I think it was "New member looking for engaging discussion on Bidenomics. Data inside." I was trying to go out of my way to explain that I'm looking for engaging discussion on economics.

The actual post:

GDP growth is currently at 5.2% - historically high. Unemployment (U3) is currently at 3.7% - historically low. The stock market is currently at an all time high - historically...record breaking. Pandemic-related (supply shock) inflation is now getting under control as a result of interest rate hikes from the central bank. Economists are now saying we will get a soft landing out of inflation as opposed to a recession. Here in FL where I live, there are 176 infrastructure projects queued up and backed by $8.1B in funding from Biden's historic infrastructure bill to build and repair roads, bridges, public transport, ports, airports, clean water, etc. This will ensure economic prosperity for the next several years during the building phase at the very least.

And yet if I talk to any of my republican voter friends, most tend to disregard all of the economic data mentioned above and instead declare - without any supporting facts or data - that we're actually in the worst economy in 50 years. So with that, I'm curious what republicans voters (I'm including libertarians here as well) here on this board think about the economy?

Here are the facts one more time. 5.2% GDP. 3.7% unemployment. Record high stock market. Solid growth in output. Solid stability in the labor market. Solid value in investment. And as things like the Infrastructure bill and the CHIPs Act play out, there are solid economic prospects for the future for years to come.

I'm going to add in some historical jobs numbers as well, since Joe Biden was also VP in the Obama administration. Quite literally all private sector job growth in the 21st century happened under democratic presidents. The numbers below are from BLS databases (B tables on seasonally adjusted private sector jobs).

Clinton - 2000 to 2001: 1.4M jobs created

W Bush - 2001 to 2009: 373k jobs lost

Obama - 2019 to 2017: 11.8M jobs created

Trump - 2017 to 2021: 2.1M jobs lost

Biden - 2021 to 2023: 12.8M jobs created

GDP expansion and the labor market are some of the most commonly cited data points used by economists to explain the economy, and they always seem to do quite well under democrats, but no so much under republicans. So there is the data for the 21st century.

Putting all of this together, what do republican/libertarian voters of this site make of all of this and Bidenomics? I'm interested in hearing about how you think the economy is doing today, and what data it is you're looking at that leads you to that conclusion. Also curious in what you have to say about the current state of GDP, the labor market, and the stock market. Also curious about what you think about jobs results in the 21st century.

GDP data: https://www.bea.gov/news/2023/gross...-corporate-profits-preliminary-estimate-third

Unemployment rate data: Employment Situation Summary - 2023 M11 Results

Historical jobs data: Establishment data series from the monthly B Tables : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Both Parties have favored policies that promote monopolies and financial fraud since the 1950's; they have allowed corporate debt to cripple the economy, followed by massive consumer debt, then make up silly propaganda over Social Security and Medicare as being the problem, and of course corporate welfare is at truly massive levels under Both Parties. Republicans like to babble ideological nonsense about 'free markets' while allowing banks and fund managers to use hot money to create monopolies and real estate bubbles.

Forum List

Back