Herschel Walker Might Be the Difference for GOP Control

But there is only one problem with him winning: He sometimes talks.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate in November could hinge on former football star Herschel Walker, a first-time candidate endorsed by Donald Trump, whose campaign appears to be lagging behind other Republicans in Georgia.

A sports legend, the 60-year-old Walker secured the Republican nomination to run for the Senate for the state in May, seeing off five contenders. Republicans hoped his popularity and name recognition would translate into victory in what is likely to be a close race.

But he has been trailing Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock in most opinion polls, his campaign rocked by repeated policy gaffes and a string of controversies about his past, including allegations of domestic violence.

Walker is one of a handful of Trump-endorsed first-time Republican Senate candidates, also including TV personality Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania and author J.D. Vance in Ohio, who even senior Republicans say are weighing on the party's changes of recapturing Senate control.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, without naming individuals, has cited "candidate quality" as a reason why Republicans may struggle to capture the Senate, putting his party's odds of winning a Senate majority at 50-50.

Analysts say Walker has made himself an easy target for political attacks, with disjointed comments on issues from COVID-19 to climate. For instance, he attacked the recently-passed $430 billion climate and drug bill on Sunday, saying a lot of the money is "going to trees" and asking, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Don't we have enough trees around here?"

"Every time he opens his mouth about a policy issue, it sounds like a word salad. It's very convoluted and doesn't make sense sometimes," said Trey Hood, a political science professor at the University of Georgia.

Walker should debate Fetterman on Pay Per View

hahaha

not surprised a “racial jungle” joey xiden boot licker ask a question like that
That's funny coming from you of all people, I have learned though when you have no answer you come with the weak ass name calling. It must stink to know that 90% of black folks think your ass is a boot licking, sellout.

That's funny coming from you of all people, I have learned though when you have no answer you come with the weak ass name calling. It must stink to know that 90% of black folks think your ass is a boot licking, sellout.
haha speaking of name calling

well unlike you and your master joe i don’t believe black people are one minded collective group…we are individuals…we are capable of free thinking…

i know that scares you…and for that matter really scares racist like your master joe

Don't count Walker out yet.

Blacks aren't exactly enamored w/Biden and the Democrats right about now.

And the white Republicans are racist AF and want their pound of flesh for Lord knows what.

Walker's still got a good shot!

Walker is actually leading in several polls as of right now. I honestly have no idea what the man even says 65% of the time but he seems to be ahead and increasing his lead.
MAGA

What's racist about it?
I didn’t vote for Obama, I didn’t like his liberal Ideas and policies and the left labeled me a racist, what is different? Don’t give me he is a bad candidate or you disagree with his policies or he is stupid, because that didn’t work with Obama.

haha speaking of name calling

well unlike you and your master joe i don’t believe black people are one minded collective group…we are individuals…we are capable of free thinking…
Of course we are, that is why 92% of black folks don't vote Republican. We know the racist party.
i know that scares you…and for that matter really scares racist like your master joe
What scares me is boot licking, sell outs like you. Black folks who hate black folks are dangerous, which would be black Republicans, conservatives, sellouts, etc.

Of course we are, that is why 92% of black folks don't vote Republican. We know the racist party.

What scares me is boot licking, sell outs like you. Black folks who hate black folks are dangerous, which would be black Republicans, conservatives, sellouts, etc.
haha i hate black "folks" hahahah

I am not calling folks sell outs simply because they decided not to vote for your plantation boss, "racial jungle" joey

You would be wrong, I didn’t like Obama’s liberal ideals and the left labeled me a racist because he was black, that is how we are judged, you need to get with the times, you hateful, racist, bigot!
Go hug a tree, Herschel is an incompetent, lying clown and the fact that he is the Republican candidate is a joke.

haha i hate black "folks" hahahah

I am not calling folks sell outs simply because they decided not to vote for your plantation boss, "racial jungle" joey
I call you a sell out, because you back a party that publicly votes against anything that can and will help black folks, a party that welcomes the racist

I call you a sell out, because you back a party that publicly votes against anything that can and will help black folks, a party that welcomes the racist
haha i vote for the party that’d freed black folks, made us citizens, and gave us the right to vote

you vote for th party that fought against that. I am a sellout, i sold the plantation life, you still live on it

Herschel Walker was the best person the GOP could find in Georgia to run for the Senate. Just like MTG was the best person they could find for Georgia's 14th congressional district.

Think about that. Think about that a lot and you will have an idea just how far the organization formerly known as the Republican Party has fallen.

Walker is a hypocrite. He attacked deadbeat dads and then it turns out he is a deadbeat dad to three kids.

He is a liar, too. He claimed to have been an FBI agent. A bald faced lie.

He claimed to have graduated from college. He even posted it on his web site. That was a bald faced lie. After he deleted the lie, he lied again and said he never claimed to have graduated from college.

He claimed to run the largest minority-owned business in America. Another lie.

Just how ignorant is Walker? Decide for yourself:

Walker on gun control:

You know, Cain killed Abel, and that’s the problem that we have. And I said, what we need to do is look into how we can stop those things. You talked about doing a disinformation [board]. What about getting a department that can look at young men, that’s looking at women, that’s looking at their social media. What about doing that? Looking at things like that? And we can stop that that way. But yet, they want to continue to talk about taking away your constitutional rights.

Every time I start to think the GOP has finally hit bottom and can only go up from here, they do something like nominate a guy like Herschel Walker for the Senate.

Go hug a tree, Herschel is an incompetent, lying clown and the fact that he is the Republican candidate is a joke.
Didn't think you could answer why the Dems have a double standard and why they use racism to put down the opposing party.

I don't support Walker but I sure in the hell believe he has better character than the hypocritical Democratic Party and those that vote that way.

Thanks for proving my point.

haha i vote for the party that’d freed black folks, made us citizens, and gave us the right to vote.
You mean the CRA and VRA that a Democrat president signed into Law and was passed by Republicans and Democrats in the North. Yep Lincoln Emancipated us, but he also said we would NEVER by equal to whites.
you vote for th party that fought against that. I am a sellout, i sold the plantation life, you still live on it
Yes, you're a sellout. You vote for the party who doesn't want the VRA to be permanent and the party who is against police reform. You are one of those folks who would have sold out Malcom X, Dr King, Medgar Evers, Denmark Vescey. Nat Turner, etc.. Yes you are that sellout.

Didn't think you could answer why the Dems have a double standard and why they use racism to put down the opposing party.

I don't support Walker but I sure in the hell believe he has better character than the hypocritical Democratic Party and those that vote that way.

Thanks for proving my point.
You think a prolific liar and deadbeat dad who believes we need a fascist government to monitor the social media posts of young men has a better character than Democrats?

O'rly?

You mean the CRA and VRA that a Democrat president signed into Law and was passed by Republicans and Democrats in the North. Yep Lincoln Emancipated us, but he also said we would NEVER by equal to whites.

Yes, you're a sellout. You vote for the party who doesn't want the VRA to be permanent and the party who is against police reform. You are one of those folks who would have sold out Malcom X, Dr King, Medgar Evers, Denmark Vescey. Nat Turner, etc.. Yes you are that sellout.
those were gop laws…the gop passed every civil rights law…only one civil rights law ever was signed by a dem…

You think a prolific liar and deadbeat dad who believes we need a fascist government to monitor the social media posts of young men has a better character.
Are you referring to Joe Biden?

Forum List

Back