‘Hero’ Bystander Shot Cop-Killer Dead — And Was Then Killed By Another Officer, Police Say

other cops arrive.

Why? A citizen has every bit as much of a right to posses a gun.
Rights don't matter much when you're dead.

I remember an argument I had once with my dad. I was complaining about over zealous cops, and insisting that we have various "rights" that they can't violate.

He said, "Listen, cops have guns, and they will shoot you dead if they think that's what needs to happen. The only thing you should worry about, when dealing with the police, is surviving the encounter. You can debate your rights later."

Your dad is/was a very smart man!

He said, "Listen, cops have guns, and they will shoot you dead if they think that's what needs to happen. The only thing you should worry about, when dealing with the police, is surviving the encounter. You can debate your rights later."
My father said something similar. The police are in control. Don't hassle or disobey them.
Take your problems up later with authorities, if any.

There are no restrictions in the Constitution that allow the cops to kill you for exercising your right.
That sentence means virtually nothing. What right? In what setting? Nice for an embroidered pillow, but useless in intelligent discourse.

What a win win for the American left!
First a cop is shot dead.
Then a bystander was shot by police, which gives them the excuse to riot!
Oh wait, the bystander was white?
Nevermind then, since it's ok to shoot a white guy.

Is it?

which is one of the reasons I don't carry a gun in public.
Carrying a gun in public isn’t the issue – the issue is the stupidity of those who use a gun to defend oneself or others.
What a surprise, lefties are upset the cop-killer was shot dead by a citizen, and they are happy an armed citizen got shot by cops.

God you people are sick.
What a surprise....trump fluffers are no longer all about "Blue Lives Matter".

1624760835403.png

which is one of the reasons I don't carry a gun in public.
Carrying a gun in public isn’t the issue – the issue is the stupidity of those who use a gun to defend oneself or others.

I definitely consider carrying a gun in public to be an "issue". Especially for untrained civilians.
The only issue is trying to be a ‘hero.’
Trying?

He is a hero.

Here is the thing.

If you are "the good guy" using a gun...when cops arrive on scene they see you with a gun and BANG

A horrible mistake. A tragedy. I don't know what can be learned except to put the gun down when other cops arrive
Actually there’s a formula that is taught in many self-defense shooting classes on this topic…

As soon as the shooting is over and you are certain the threat from the suspect has been neutralized…

Secure your firearm.

CALL THE POLICE!!! Even if they’re already responding. Let them know who you are and that you are still on scene and not a threat.

Do not approach the suspect or touch anything that might be evidence.

A horrible mistake. A tragedy. I don't know what can be learned except to put the gun down when other cops arrive
Actually there’s a formula that is taught in many self-defense shooting classes on this topic…

As soon as the shooting is over and you are certain the threat from the suspect has been neutralized…

Secure your firearm.

CALL THE POLICE!!! Even if they’re already responding. Let them know who you are and that you are still on scene and not a threat.

Do not approach the suspect or touch anything that might be evidence.

But when another officer rushed in to respond ....................

Yeah, the guy likely had all day to pull out his cell phone and do all of this.

Forum List

Back