Another building to be evacuated for fear of collapse

Those buildings are concrete but they are held together by post-tensioned steel cables. Steel cables rust in the salt air and have been known to snap. I believe what we have here is an extreme example of putting repairs off till next year for a very long time.

Those buildings are concrete but they are held together by post-tensioned steel cables. Steel cables rust in the salt air and have been known to snap. I believe what we have here is an extreme example of putting repairs off till next year for a very long time.
Concrete encased cables are not exposed to the air salt or otherwise

Concrete encased cables are not exposed to the air salt or otherwise
Post-tensioned cables are run through pipes in each floor every two feet or so. The ends are attached to plates on the outside of the main exterior walls. Normally these ends are sealed off from the air but occasionally whatever system they use gets compromised in some way. There are construction companies In Florida that do nothing but repair structural deterioration in these buildings. I worked construction in South Florida for 15 years. We are seeing the result of extreme neglect.

Moister has a lot to do with it. And the fact that below the ground surface here in Florida is water and lime stone .

Those fools were warned two years ago that the rebar is rusting.

The collapsed structure sounds a lot like our financial institutions or @ least the financial schematics coming out of those institutions.

Forum List

Back