Herman Cains plan? 9-9-9 For those that hate it

It would be that nearly here where I live. We currently pay 8.75% in some areas. Having said that the extra 9% is much smaller that the chunk that comes out of most peoples checks each week, or everyother week

no not really. you are forgetting all the other taxes out there as well.oh and Cain wants to get rid of state taxes..So much for state rights, right?You realize this is giving the Feds MORE power right?

Some how i doubt you guys even thought of it this way

The other taxes exist no matter what our federal tax rate is. And I have not heard Cain mention aboloshing state taxes. He cant and that would be an obsurd position

Elaborate? School me....................

What's to elaborate? It's another thoughtless bumper-sticker slogan.

Hardly. You and your ilk are however whats wrong with our system. No discussion, no rebuttle just hate and talking points.

You got no response because your incapable of explaining why it cant work. You got the bumper sticker, nothing more.

Im willing to listen to legitimate arguments and you offer insults

FAIL

How many Americans pay no income tax now? Will 9-9-9 stop that?

It ain't a matter of hate. It is just that marketing slogans does not leadership make.

This isnt about leadership its about taxes. Go make your own fucking thread about leadership and get laughed at because Obama is close to the worst leader we have ever had.

It would be that nearly here where I live. We currently pay 8.75% in some areas. Having said that the extra 9% is much smaller that the chunk that comes out of most peoples checks each week, or everyother week

no not really. you are forgetting all the other taxes out there as well.oh and Cain wants to get rid of state taxes..So much for state rights, right?You realize this is giving the Feds MORE power right?

Some how i doubt you guys even thought of it this way

The other taxes exist no matter what our federal tax rate is. And I have not heard Cain mention aboloshing state taxes. He cant and that would be an obsurd position

I thought we were beyond the days of acid trips and euphoria.

What's to elaborate? It's another thoughtless bumper-sticker slogan.

Hardly. You and your ilk are however whats wrong with our system. No discussion, no rebuttle just hate and talking points.

You got no response because your incapable of explaining why it cant work. You got the bumper sticker, nothing more.

FAIL

To my knowledge in its current form everyone would pay. That needs to be reworked to protect the truely poor from further poverty and hardships

It ain't a matter of hate. It is just that marketing slogans does not leadership make.

This isnt about leadership its about taxes. Go make your own fucking thread about leadership and get laughed at because Obama is close to the worst leader we have ever had.

and Cain would be better, how?

Oh yeah, he turned a pizza parlor around with marketing slogans.

and Cain would be better, how?

This isnt about Cain numbnuts, its about his tax ideas

FAIL

To my knowledge in its current form everyone would pay. That needs to be reworked to protect the truely poor from further poverty and hardships

Wouldn't that just enable them....make them have no incentive to go out and work harder? Wouldn't it mean that they are not paying their fair share? Cain's entire bullshit is that he wants the rate to be the same for everyone.

So here we are 3 pages in and not one of you can articulate a position against his plan.

That, Gramps, is a fucked up lie.

A lie?

Please point me to the post that articulated and anti 9-9-9 position. And links to some bullshit blogger dont count. NO ONE HERE has yet given me a reason to not support the plan.

9-9-9 is universally scorned and ridiculed. It would not have a prayer of passing

Oh! You require that the rebuttal be in new, formerly unwritten words! I get it.

Nobody cares enough to write it out for you........the plan is a joke. Read the links.

So here we are 3 pages in and not one of you can articulate a position against his plan.

Here is what their opposition boils down to.

Under a flat tax as described by Herman Cain, Congress would lose control of the people of this nation and K street would become a ghost town. Both of those things are in direct opposition to what the big government types want. They will fight tooth and nail against any threat regardless of from whom it comes.

It really doesn't matter if it is 9-9-9 or 3-3-3 or 12-12-12 their hatred of such an attempt stems from the fact that a flat tax removes the games (many would call it corruption) that Congress plays with our taxes. They will never ever agree to losing that.

Edit: And for the record, my taxes would go up, significantly under the Cain proposal. Not only would I no longer have the itemized deductions and exemptions, but I've paid an effective rate of just under 6% for many years. Changing to Cain's plan would make it 9% of gross wages and my tax rate would obviously increase.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back