Here’s What We Know Now: The Warrant Was for EVERY Document Trump Had During His Entire Term

My link laid it out for you. Obviously though you chose to avoid the inconvenient bits. Per usual.

Further, destruction or removal of federal records could implicate several criminal provisions, depending on the content of the records and the surrounding circumstances:

• Under 18 U.S.C. § 2071, individuals who willfully remove or destroy records “filed or deposited” in “any public office” --- or who attempt to do so --- may be subject to fines or up to three years of imprisonment if they deprive the government use of those documents (United States v. Rosner, 352 F. Supp. 915 (S.D.N.Y. 1972)). Supervisors who direct supervisees to violate this statute can themselves be found guilty under 18 U.S.C. § 2(b) (United States v. Salazar, 455 F.3d 1022, 1023 (9th Cir. 2006));
  • Under 18 U.S.C. § 793(f), individuals with possession or control of records reflecting national defense information who permit their removal, loss, or destruction by “gross negligence” are subject to fines or imprisonment of not more than ten years; and
  • Under 18 U.S.C. § 1924, individuals who remove classified materials without authority and with intent to retain them at another location may be fined or subject to imprisonment of up to five years.
There are also specific criminal prohibitions against destroying records relevant to congressional or federal investigations:

• Under 18 U.S.C. § 1505, individuals who destroy records to impede or influence a congressional investigation or proceeding before any U.S. agency may be fined or subject to imprisonment for up to five years.
  • Under 18 U.S.C. § 1519, individuals who destroy records to impede or influence an actual or contemplated investigation under the jurisdiction of any U.S. agency may be fined or subject to imprisonment of up to 20 years (United States v. Katakis, 800 F.3d 1017, 1023 (9th Cir. 2015).
I laid it out for you and you’re to fucking retarded to even look it up. We are discussing the Presidential Records Act.

That Act, as I correctly noted, has no criminal penalties associated with it. You’d know this if you read the Act. If and when you do, you’ll notice there is not one paragraph that declares what any “penalty” is for any alleged “violation” thereof. And that’s how even a dope like you can see that it is not a criminal statute.

Now get back to pontificating to your similarly ignorant pals. 😎

I laid it out for you and you’re to fucking retarded to even look it up. We are discussing the Presidential Records Act.

That Act, as I correctly noted, has no criminal penalties associated with it. You’d know this if you read the Act. If and when you do, you’ll notice there is not one paragraph that declares what any “penalty” is for any alleged “violation” thereof. And that’s how even a dope like you can see that it is not a criminal statute.

Now get back to pontificating to your similarly ignorant pals. 😎

Very good! You cited the article. But you didn’t provide the adjective. You dolt.

It is a felony, now, to mishandle CLASSIFIED Documents under some circumstances.

The Presidential Records Act still isn’t a criminal statute. And furthermore, if the President declassifies a document, it ain’t classified anymore.

You can’t be more wrong than being wrong on every point. But the good news, for you, is that you can always continue to be a pantload.

Do you do “double” work playing the role of Brandon’s Depends?

Very good! You cited the article. But you didn’t provide the adjective. You dolt.

It is a felony, now, to mishandle CLASSIFIED Documents under some circumstances.

The Presidential Records Act still isn’t a criminal statute. And furthermore, if the President declassifies a document, it ain’t classified anymore.

You can’t be more wrong than being wrong on every point. But the good news, for you, is that you can always continue to be a pantload.

If Trump had declassified a document there's a paper trail. National security isn't whimsical.

Since 2018 the penalty is 5 years.

If Trump had declassified a document there's a paper trail. National security isn't whimsical.
There is no paper trail I’m aware of. But that doesn’t mean there is no paper trial.

And who the hell are you to say one is even required? The President IS the Executive Branch. If he says that a document is declassified, it is as of that moment declassified. Whether you like it or not.

There is no paper trail I’m aware of. But that doesn’t mean there is no paper trial.

And who the hell are you to say one is even required? The President IS the Executive Branch. If he says that a document is declassified, it is as of that moment declassified. Whether you like it or not.

Their are protocols that have to be followed. Trump is extremely stupid and cares nothing about classified documents or national security.

Since 2018 the penalty is 5 years.
As I said. Now. And as I also said “under certain circumstances.” And as I also said, it refers to CLASSIFIED documents. And as I have also noted, the very instant the President declassifies a formerly classified document, it is no longer classified.

Summary: Other than having no point at all, you offered one really solid post. 👏

Their are protocols that have to be followed.
Says you. By the way, I gather that in most cases, there is a protocol that needs to be followed. But I don’t think you have the slightest ability to demonstrate that those protocols are impossible upon the President.
Trump is extremely stupid and cares nothing about classified documents or national security.
Ah. Another unsupported claim. So adorable. :itsok:

Says you. By the way, I gather that in most cases, there is a protocol that needs to be followed. But I don’t think you have the slightest ability to demonstrate that those protocols are impossible upon the President.

Ah. Another unsupported claim. So adorable. :itsok:

They withheld information from Trump because he was so cavalier.. he's a blabbermouth. He took documents and destroyed some tearing them into little pieces. He tweeted top secret information. They had staff who taped the pieces of documents back together.

They withheld information from Trump because he was so cavalier..

“They” had no right to do so. And I value their assessment as much as I value yours which is to say, not at all.
he's a blabbermouth.
Bullshit. More outlandish shit from ignorant you offered without basis.
He took documents and destroyed some tearing them into little pieces.

We don’t know that ”he” took any. And we also don’t know which documents he tore up. Maybe something he was composing at home in his post Presidency.
He tweeted top secret information.
No. He didn’t. Prove it. But you can’t. And you can’t because once he disclosed “it,” it wasn’t classified anymore. Try to think, you simpleton.
They had staff who taped the pieces of documents back together.

Yeah. I’ve read that. Doesn’t mean it was classified. And, frankly, It may have been a bad idea. After all, the non-criminal PRA does establish that the documents belong to the United States.

They withheld information from Trump because he was so cavalier.. he's a blabbermouth. He took documents and destroyed some tearing them into little pieces. He tweeted top secret information. They had staff who taped the pieces of documents back together.

It is ironic that a Commander and Chief, who had unfettered access to all that was secret, could not be trusted with those secrets by his own security advisors. What should be the very the highest priority of any president seems to had no priority with Trump at all. He disclosed classified information to our enemies, clearly had no interest in security briefings, And when he left office he carelessly or purposefully took top secret documents.

Last edited:
It is ironic that a Commander and Chief, who had unfettered access to all that was secret, could not be trusted with those secrets by his own security advisors. What should be the very the highest priority of any president seems to had no priority with Trump at all. He disclosed classified information to our enemies, clearly had no interest in security briefings, And when he left office he carelessly or purposefully took top secret documents.
And you know all this because you had a front row seat? You know nothing, you're just a typical Trump hater.

I heard that today
That's right
Nope. Post the law
Presidential records as defined in the Presidential Records Act are the property of the American people, not the president. The president while in office is the custodian of those records and it his duty to protect them. The day he leaves office, the Director of the National Achieves becomes the custodian. The president may make copies of those records but it is illegal for him to take any of the originals when he leaves office and of course it is illegal for the president to take any classified documents.

Since the DOJ had evidence that Trump had presidential documents as well as classified documents, they were included in the search warrant.

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml...,Ownership of Presidential records,(Added Pub.

It is has been document by his security advisors as well as his Advisor on National Security.

“They” had no right to do so. And I value their assessment as much as I value yours which is to say, not at all.

Bullshit. More outlandish shit from ignorant you offered without basis.

We don’t know that ”he” took any. And we also don’t know which documents he tore up. Maybe something he was composing at home in his post Presidency.

No. He didn’t. Prove it. But you can’t. And you can’t because once he disclosed “it,” it wasn’t classified anymore. Try to think, you simpleton.

Yeah. I’ve read that. Doesn’t mean it was classified. And, frankly, It may have been a bad idea. After all, the non-criminal PRA does establish that the documents belong to the United States.
Advisors to the president do not need or should they present him with everything they know, only what they believe he needs to know.

Forum List

Back