Here’s a sob story about a college%educated professional who can’t support his four kids without the enchanted government child support

Constitutionally speaking, there is no such thing as compromise, only surrender. The Constitution empowers the Federal Government to do certain things and prohibits it from doing anything else, some explicitly and some implicitly. The Government either abides by the Constitution and we require it to do so, or we surrender liberty and power to the Government and allow them to do things they are not authorized to do.

In a compromise, both sides give something and both sides gain something. The only thing the government brings to the table in compromise is whether to take more of our rights or to take less of our rights. Too many think that them agreeing to take less rather than to take more is compromise; it is not; it is still taking rights they do not have the authority to take.

Oh, you are one of those, aren't you? The one who thinks that Government shouldn't expand past the limited imaginations of 18th Century Slave Rapists? Me, I like living in a modern state, and I like the benefits that come with that.

If anything, the Federal government protects our freedoms from nitwits at the state level that would take them away because no one is paying attention to those clowns.

99% of unwed pregnancies did NOT occur because the mother did not use birth control.

99% of unwed pregnancies occurred because the mother (and father) chose to engage in sex while not married. They made a choice. In less than 1% of abortions do the mothers even claim it is because of rape or incest so there's no argument that the other 99% of pregnancies were simply a choice to behave in a way that has adult outcomes and not wanting to take adult responsibilities for their behaviors.

Try educating yourself...

4% of women have abortions for health reasons. 19% have them because they are past their child-bearing years. 14% of women who get abortions are married. 33% of them have already had 2 or more children.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.guttmacher.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Freport_downloads%2Fus-abortion-patients-table1.pdf&clen=36261&chunk=true

99% of unwed pregnancies did NOT occur because the mother did not use birth control.

99% of unwed pregnancies occurred because the mother (and father) chose to engage in sex while not married. They made a choice. In less than 1% of abortions do the mothers even claim it is because of rape or incest so there's no argument that the other 99% of pregnancies were simply a choice to behave in a way that has adult outcomes and not wanting to take adult responsibilities for their behaviors.
I’m not talking about just unwed pregnancies - I’m talking about all unwanted pregnancies. In about 99% of the cases, the woman is pregnant because she had unprotected sex. If she is unwed and cannot risk a pregnancy, she could double up.

As far as compromise, I wish liberals would be willing to do it. When I explained to the ignorant liberal (oops….redundant) that “NO, the SCOTUS cannot ban abortion; the decision will revert to the states, where it should ha e remained), she was complaining that some states might abolish it. “Abortion should be legal in EVERY state!,” she kept insisting.

Also, the liberals continue their bigotry of low expectations of the poor, and I suppose, the black. When I told the liberal that the woman who was sloppy with birth control and is now pregnant could take a bus ride to a neighboring state - paid for by PP or pro-abortion groups - she cried now that would not only be inconvenient but confusing to the poor blacks.

I mean, really: how hard is it for a poor person to get on a bus for a trip the next state? My poor, impoverished dad moved to another entire state, away from his parents and the only home he knew, at 21. Surely a pregnant young woman can take a one or two day bus trip.

I’m not talking about just unwed pregnancies - I’m talking about all unwanted pregnancies. In about 99% of the cases, the woman is pregnant because she had unprotected sex. If she is unwed and cannot risk a pregnancy, she could double up.
Or she can have an abortion if birth control fails, as it often does. Condoms break. Hormones don't always regulate ovulation.

As far as compromise, I wish liberals would be willing to do it. When I explained to the ignorant liberal (oops….redundant) that “NO, the SCOTUS cannot ban abortion; the decision will revert to the states, where it should ha e remained), she was complaining that some states might abolish it. “Abortion should be legal in EVERY state!,” she kept insisting.

But you miss the point of why Roe was needed to start with. It was not because the state laws were working, in fact they were being regularly ignored. Roe was the logical extension of Griswold v. Connecticut, which eliminated equally silly state laws against contraception. No one considers that ruling controversial today.

Abortion SHOULD be legal in every state. It's really not the government's place to get involved in your health decisions.

Also, the liberals continue their bigotry of low expectations of the poor, and I suppose, the black. When I told the liberal that the woman who was sloppy with birth control and is now pregnant could take a bus ride to a neighboring state - paid for by PP or pro-abortion groups - she cried now that would not only be inconvenient but confusing to the poor blacks.

And poor whites, for that matter. I am always amazed when someone who has probably never gone to bed hungry in her life moans, "Why can't poor people be more like me?" to which I always answer 'Check your privilege!"

If you don't like abortion, then don't have one. But leave everyone else alone. That sounds pretty simple.

I mean, really: how hard is it for a poor person to get on a bus for a trip the next state? My poor, impoverished dad moved to another entire state, away from his parents and the only home he knew, at 21. Surely a pregnant young woman can take a one or two day bus trip.

Why should she have to?

Oh, you are one of those, aren't you? The one who thinks that Government shouldn't expand past the limited imaginations of 18th Century Slave Rapists? Me, I like living in a modern state, and I like the benefits that come with that.

If anything, the Federal government protects our freedoms from nitwits at the state level that would take them away because no one is paying attention to those clowns.

Try educating yourself...

4% of women have abortions for health reasons. 19% have them because they are past their child-bearing years. 14% of women who get abortions are married. 33% of them have already had 2 or more children.

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.guttmacher.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Freport_downloads%2Fus-abortion-patients-table1.pdf&clen=36261&chunk=true
You call yourself a pro-democracy, Trump hating, leftist and, yet, you do not understand the most fundamental tenet of our own government.

Our government was created by the ratification of the Constitution by the several States. It has only those powers and authorities granted to it in the Constitution and it is bound by the restrictions therein as well.

Your assumption that government can adapt to the times without following Article V of the Constitution assumes some inherent authority or power of Government. You really are a slave with no understanding or thought of liberty as exists and protected by the Constitution.

You fail to understand that human beings, both white and black, American, Russian, Chinese, North Korean, are conceived, born , and created with inalienable rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, among others. The default state of man is pure libertarian and total sovereignty over his own path and person. No man, in or out of government has, by virtue of their own birth, any power over us, or over any other human being. Some people may choose to be ruled by a king, others may be ruled by a king through tyranny or oppression, but here, in the United States, we created a government without kings and with only a small set of power and authority that our forefathers chose to surrender for the benefits that come from being united with others.

There's no royal blood. There's no birthright for government to rule. Government has what power it has only because the people who created the government granted them certain powers in the Constitution. Yes, government can, and sometimes does, adapt to changing times but they can only do it by following, to the letter, the original intent of the Constitution. To do otherwise they must modify the Constitution by amendment within the rules defined in the Constitution.

As for your abortion rebuttal, your statement is non-responsive to what I said. We were discussing unwed mothers and single-parent criminals. We weren't talking about abortions by married or old women - though, for all of those as well, the abortion is about only one thing: sex without consequences. Reread my post and tell me where I said anything about other than unwed mothers.

99% of pregnancies outside of marriage are not caused by lack of birth control, lack of abortion, poverty, or anything under the sun EXCEPT choosing to have sex while not being married. 99% of births outside of marriage are caused by choosing to have sex while not married and then refusing to to take responsibility for that choice and do the right thing to provide a proper home for the child they brought into the world.

You talk a big game but you really understand nothing.

Well, it was a natural assumption on my part that we were discussing unwed motherhood since we were talking about criminals raised in homes with no father present. That's OK, we can talk about unwanted pregnancies, in or out of marriage, as well. 99% of UNWANTED pregnancies happen because men and women engage in actions that cause pregnancy while hoping it doesn't cause the thing it is designed to cause.

I'm not suggesting that men and women should never engage in sex without a piece of paper from the State - though that was my choice and the choice of my wife. I'm also not suggesting that adults should not engage in consensual, recreational, sex. But sex has consequences. A person should always consider the potential consequences of their actions and not take the actions if they're not willing to accept those consequences. No different than any other choice or actions we take in life - except that it is the children that pay the price when the parents don't take responsibility.

As far as compromise, how can liberals possibly do it? Is it compromise to kill fewer babies? Is it compromise to kill babies only in some states? But this thread is not about abortion so let's consider compromise on the thread topic.

The Constitution grants the Federal Government absolutely zero power or authority to provide welfare or assistance to individuals or to transfer wealth from one private citizen to another. So where and how would the left compromise? By only transferring wealth from those who work only to poor voters and voters of color instead of to white, college educated, upper-middle-class software architects?

Doing less of the thing they're not permitted to do is not compromise.

Accepting that they can do less of the thing they're not permitted to do because it's better than doing more of the thing they're not permitted to do is not compromise; it's surrender.

And poor whites, for that matter. I am always amazed when someone who has probably never gone to bed hungry in her life moans, "Why can't poor people be more like me?" to which I always answer 'Check your privilege!"

Nobody in this country, other than the physically disabled or the mentally ill who were put out homeless on the streets by the left, goes hungry in this country other than by their own choices or, for children, the criminal choices of the parents.

You call yourself a pro-democracy, Trump hating, leftist and, yet, you do not understand the most fundamental tenet of our own government.

Our government was created by the ratification of the Constitution by the several States. It has only those powers and authorities granted to it in the Constitution and it is bound by the restrictions therein as well.

Yawn, the Founding Slave Owners did not shit Marble. They were just a bunch of white dudes who didn't want to pay their taxes. The America they wanted WASN'T WORKABLE, which is why it collapsed into a Civil War, and why the Federal Government has been gaining power ever since. We are all better off for it.

Me, I like the fact that when I retire, there is going to be a safety net. I like that the Federal Government is enforcing clean air and water standards. I like that I can drive to my place in Wisconsin on a federally funded road that gets me there in five hours. (As opposed to the 8 hours it took my Dad to get there in the 1950's.)

As for your abortion rebuttal, your statement is non-responsive to what I said. We were discussing unwed mothers and single-parent criminals. We weren't talking about abortions by married or old women - though, for all of those as well, the abortion is about only one thing: sex without consequences. Reread my post and tell me where I said anything about other than unwed mothers.

I think I was responding to LIsa, but who cares. You made a statement that 99% of abortions were to single mothers, and that just isn't true.

Nobody in this country, other than the physically disabled or the mentally ill who were put out homeless on the streets by the left, goes hungry in this country other than by their own choices or, for children, the criminal choices of the parents.

BULLSHIT!!!

• According to the USDA, more than 38 million people, including 12 million children, in the United States are food insecure.
  • The pandemic has increased food insecurity among families with children and communities of color, who were already faced hunger at much higher rates before the pandemic.
  • Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger.
  • Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support.
  • Hunger in African American, Latino, and Native American communities is higher because of systemic racial injustice. To achieve a hunger-free America, we must address the root causes of hunger and structural and systemic inequities.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!!!!!

Yawn, the Founding Slave Owners did not shit Marble. They were just a bunch of white dudes who didn't want to pay their taxes. The America they wanted WASN'T WORKABLE, which is why it collapsed into a Civil War, and why the Federal Government has been gaining power ever since. We are all better off for it.

Me, I like the fact that when I retire, there is going to be a safety net. I like that the Federal Government is enforcing clean air and water standards. I like that I can drive to my place in Wisconsin on a federally funded road that gets me there in five hours. (As opposed to the 8 hours it took my Dad to get there in the 1950's.)

I think I was responding to LIsa, but who cares. You made a statement that 99% of abortions were to single mothers, and that just isn't true.
Lies, lies, and more lies.

If you want to change government to adapt to modern times, you have to do it within the rules of government: the Constitution. There is a process, described in Article V. The government doesn't just get to do it on its own. If you believe that, please tell from where they get that authority over me and over you.

I did not say that 99% of abortions were unwed mothers. You're a liar. I said that 1% of abortions were reported as being due to rape or incest, meaning that 99% of abortions were due to consensual sex. I did (and do) make an assumption from those numbers that greater than 99% of unwanted pregnancies are due to consensual sex. That supports the idea that 99% of single mothers created their hoodlums having consensual sex.

BULLSHIT!!!

• According to the USDA, more than 38 million people, including 12 million children, in the United States are food insecure.
  • The pandemic has increased food insecurity among families with children and communities of color, who were already faced hunger at much higher rates before the pandemic.
  • Every community in the country is home to families who face hunger. But rural communities are especially hard hit by hunger.
  • Many households that experience food insecurity do not qualify for federal nutrition programs and visit their local food banks and other food programs for extra support.
  • Hunger in African American, Latino, and Native American communities is higher because of systemic racial injustice. To achieve a hunger-free America, we must address the root causes of hunger and structural and systemic inequities.

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE!!!!!

There are about 11 million children, reportedly, living under the poverty level in the United States. But it's not the difference between your source and my source I'm referring to; 11 million, 12 million, what's a million welfare kids between friends.

Every poor child in the United States all 11 or 12 million of them, is eligible for SNAP with a benefit of roughly 200 dollars per household member - far, far, more than enough to feed healthy meals to the entire family.

In 2019, almost 30 million children got free or reduced cost school lunches. Just in case you were educated in the Baltimore school system, 30 million is more than 12 million, almost 3 times more. That number was reduced in 2020 because the schools were closed - and yet in 2020 the schools delivered to, or otherwise made available, meals to 22 million children - once again, 22 million is more than 12 million, almost twice as many; it is far greater than the number of children in poverty. And this in spite of the fact that the parents had already been given money through the SNAP program to feed their children and, apparently, didn't use it to feed their children.

During the Fauci Virus shutdowns, the schools are operating on their summer food delivery model where they open the schools, or a school in the district, or other area for meal pickup. In other districts, they actually run the bus on the bus route to deliver the meals at the bus stops. Under Fauci-Virus special authority, there's no longer a requirement that the kids go to the school delivering or show proof of need. Any kid who wants meals gets meals, up to 2 meals a day and they can get meals for unlimited number of days at a time.

That the number of meals given to children has dropped during the pandemic is simply proof that the children are actually NOT starving. If they were, the parents would go to the schools or other drop off points and get their free-to-them food.

So, before children get to the food banks, their parents had three chances to feed their children:
  1. Get a job and buy food
  2. Use SNAP for feeding their children rather than selling at 10 cents on the dollar for drug money
  3. Show up for free meals from schools
Having not shown any responsibility for their children by taking any of those steps, yes, parents go to food banks and get free food, as well.

The whole idea of food-insecurity is a fraud and a lie, certainly when used to describe children in the United States.

If any children in the United States are food-insecure, it would be the children of working parents who are paying their own way. Those parents might lose their job today and then their children might not know from where their next meal is coming.

Welfare children, on the other hand (disregarding the Biden/Buttigieg shortages in the stores) know that their parent's SNAP cards will be filled again next month regardless of anything else that happens in the world. American welfare children are the most food-secure children anywhere in the world, in the history of the world.

Regardless of how you feel about food insecurity, food insecurity is not hungry and is not starving; it's an emotional problem as is most insecurity.

The only children in the United States not getting enough to eat are in that condition because of neglectful, irresponsible, parents who misused the handouts they already received. There is no amount of handout that you can give such parents that will get them to feed and care for their children. The only incentive would be jail sentences for neglect but that is no longer done.

If you want to change government to adapt to modern times, you have to do it within the rules of government: the Constitution. There is a process, described in Article V. The government doesn't just get to do it on its own. If you believe that, please tell from where they get that authority over me and over you.

Or we can just pass laws and create agencies, which is also allowed under the constitution.

I did not say that 99% of abortions were unwed mothers. You're a liar. I said that 1% of abortions were reported as being due to rape or incest, meaning that 99% of abortions were due to consensual sex. I did (and do) make an assumption from those numbers that greater than 99% of unwanted pregnancies are due to consensual sex. That supports the idea that 99% of single mothers created their hoodlums having consensual sex.

I think you kind of suck at math, since only 70% of people in prison say they were raised by single parents. That means 30% were raised by two parents and STILL fucked it up. Also, that 70% number includes divorces, family abandonment and unwed motherhood.

So here's a simple solution. If you father a child, you are force to be married to that woman for 18 years until they are grown. If you father children with multiple women, you have to marry them all- HOLY SHIT, we've turned them into Mormons!!!!!

Watch how fast men start supporting abortion rights when that happens.

There are about 11 million children, reportedly, living under the poverty level in the United States. But it's not the difference between your source and my source I'm referring to; 11 million, 12 million, what's a million welfare kids between friends.

Every poor child in the United States all 11 or 12 million of them, is eligible for SNAP with a benefit of roughly 200 dollars per household member - far, far, more than enough to feed healthy meals to the entire family.

Not really. First, I doubt that 11 million figure for just children.

Secondly, SNAP is hardly adequate. The most you can get for a family of four in SNAP is $835 dollars a month. That works out to $7.00 a person per day. I mean, I guess that works if you really, really like Ramen noodles.

Not really. First, I doubt that 11 million figure for just children.

Secondly, SNAP is hardly adequate. The most you can get for a family of four in SNAP is $835 dollars a month. That works out to $7.00 a person per day. I mean, I guess that works if you really, really like Ramen noodles.
You posted the 12 million children figure, idiot. and for 7 dollars a person you can't feed a family? Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts were 1.99 in Walmart yesterday. Pork Butt roast was 1.92. A can of vegetables is 50 cents and is 3.5 servings. So get two and call it a dollar and eat even extra vegetables. Brown rice is .78 a pound for 10 servings so call half of it, or .39 cents.

I got 6 bananas at .52 a pound for 82 cents. Oatmeal is 2.58 for a 42 oz box. Roughly 1 oz is a serving so that's just under 7 cents a serving. They go great on top of oatmeal. Milkk was 2.35 per half gallon.

For dinner:
Meat option, 4 oz: .50
Vegetable: .25
Starch: .10
Total per person: .85

For breakfast,
Oatmeal: .07
Banana: .14
Cup of milk: .30
Total per person: .51

For lunch:
Bologna: .10
Bread: .10
Mayo: .02
Cup of milk: .30
Total per person: .52

So I can feed each person for 1.88 per day. Call it $2.00 with spices and cooking oil. That includes rounded, healthy, meals. For 8 dollars a day I can feed the entire family well rounded, healthy, meals.

You posted the 12 million children figure, idiot. and for 7 dollars a person you can't feed a family? Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts were 1.99 in Walmart yesterday. Pork Butt roast was 1.92. A can of vegetables is 50 cents and is 3.5 servings. So get two and call it a dollar and eat even extra vegetables. Brown rice is .78 a pound for 10 servings so call half of it, or .39 cents.

I got 6 bananas at .52 a pound for 82 cents. Oatmeal is 2.58 for a 42 oz box. Roughly 1 oz is a serving so that's just under 7 cents a serving. They go great on top of oatmeal. Milkk was 2.35 per half gallon.

Bullshit.

My weekly grocery bill for just me is about $100.00. And I don't really buy steaks or anything like that.

Back in the day, Mom didn't have to work because Dad made enough at his Union job to support the family and the wealthy paid their fair share in taxes.
what the fuck does people paying taxes with your mom staying home?

Bullshit.

My weekly grocery bill for just me is about $100.00. And I don't really buy steaks or anything like that.

Which number that I gave is wrong? I don't care if you spend 100 a week; you're wasting money, buying packaged foods, convenience items, and luxury items. I proved absolutely, beyond any possible doubt, that an individual can be fed healthy, complete, balanced, meals for under 2 dollars a day and a family of 4 for 8 dollars a day.

You can type the word bullshit all you want but it's a lie. My proof is beyond any doubt. That you ignore the proof and make meaningless statements just shows how dishonest you're being.

Which number that I gave is wrong? I don't care if you spend 100 a week; you're wasting money, buying packaged foods, convenience items, and luxury items. I proved absolutely, beyond any possible doubt, that an individual can be fed healthy, complete, balanced, meals for under 2 dollars a day and a family of 4 for 8 dollars a day.

You can type the word bullshit all you want but it's a lie. My proof is beyond any doubt. That you ignore the proof and make meaningless statements just shows how dishonest you're being.

Yes, you can maybe find that food if you want to eat bland food, assuming you can find a grocery store in a "food desert" as a lot of urban areas are.

Again- BULLSHIT.

Forum List

Back