Here We Go: Teacher Shortages 22-23

Why would I lie? You are sounding like a leftist - calling liar, and going in with a personal insult - when you can’t argue a point. News flash: teachers do NOT put in more time than corporate managers - not by a long shot.

You are being way too defensive. Understandable for a profession with 13 weeks of vacation a year who is crying about how much more time they put in than other professions.

Is there a shortage of corporate managers, or people wanting to be corporate managers?

Yet even with "13 weeks off", there's a blistering teacher shortage. Huh.

Is there a shortage of corporate managers, or people wanting to be corporate managers?

Yet even with "13 weeks off", there's a blistering teacher shortage. Huh.
That’s not due to pay, and it won’t be solved by increasing pay 20% or whatever you think teachers deserve. Leftists have created an environment where “wokeism” is the most important driving force and kids are undisciplined and disrespectful.

UNPAID is semantics. You can’t bitch about being underpaid when you only work 10 months of the year. That would be like if I had a job that went from 8 to noon, and then I complained I’m not being paid for the mornings when I don’t work.

And this training doesn’t run from 8 am to 6 pm throughout the summer.

Find someone gullible to fall for your cries of how much more teachers work than everyone else.
Unpaid is not semantics. Take your annual salary and divide it by 10. Can you afford such a pay cut? Why do you refuse to understand this? Is lying just easier for you?

Training usually runs from 8am-4pm for about 3 out of thse 10 weeks. Of course that varies by district.

It has been proven and linked to the data on this thread. Why do you continue to lie?

You know Lisa,, I have tried to educate you but you are simply an education basher with no remorse. You lie like a rub and I will waste no more time with you. You are simply a fucking loser! Goodbye!

That’s not due to pay, and it won’t be solved by increasing pay 20% or whatever you think teachers deserve. Leftists have created an environment where “wokeism” is the most important driving force and kids are undisciplined and disrespectful.

As to what teachers "deserve"--sadly, it's a union pay structure. Many teachers are worth far, far more than they're paid. Some are worth half. But sadly that's not how we are paid.

The problems with "wokeism" are minor compared to the bigger cultural rot of "my kid would never..." fill in the blank, coupled with schools' propensity never to hold kids to account for their behavior. I don't mean to sound like a pursed-lipped schoolmarm because I truly love children and in the classroom do not love "rules". I have rules, but beating kids over the head with following the "rules" is not how you run a successful classroom.

But you MUST take care of the glaring issues, behavior-wise. And we no longer do. For a lot of reasons. Everyone suffers as a result.

If not, then most liberal arts education can be tossed as being impractical as well.
Liberal Comes From a Latin Term That Implied Inheriting the Ownership of White Slaves. Plebeians Weren't Liberales.

Liberal Arts are for snobs whose Daddies buy them their jobs. All curricula are tainted by Birth-Class Supremacy. The present degeneracy of those subjects reflects the decadence of the present ruling families. But even before this Postmodern prelude to the Dark Ages, those subjects were useless and signified what in The Theory of the Leisure Class called "conspicuous consumption." Its waste shows off who can afford to waste his time.

Here's how stupid my profession can be.

The latest is "trauma-informed teaching" right? So the idea is, all these kids behave this way because they've been traumatized.

Me: "Okay. But then why is it okay for these traumatized kids to come to school and be VIOLENT in the classroom? You realize if children witnessed this level of violence in their homes, CPS would remove them. It would be domestic violence; it would be considered traumatizing. But we allow traumatized children in school to traumatize OTHER children because....trauma."

I have typed this, said this, to admin. Want to know what I get in response?

Crickets. It's like no one ever thinks of this, and no one has a solution except to bark back, "TRAUMA!". Oh yeah, and I'm mean because I'm thinking of the OTHER kids and not the kid kicking, hitting, biting and throwing things.

That's the mess we're in. But I'm not supposed to talk about it, because talking about it makes me a Bad Teacher.
I would image some teachers come down with PTSD from their job.

(I typed that and then decided to research to see if I was right. What I found seems to go along with what you are posting.)

Unpaid is not semantics. Take your annual salary and divide it by 10. Can you afford such a pay cut? Why do you refuse to understand this? Is lying just easier for you?

Training usually runs from 8am-4pm for about 3 out of thse 10 weeks. Of course that varies by district.

It has been proven and linked to the data on this thread. Why do you continue to lie?

You know Lisa,, I have tried to educate you but you are simply an education basher with no remorse. You lie like a rub and I will waste no more time with you. You are simply a fucking loser! Goodbye!
You are nasty. Adios.

Most of the time it is very easy to look at little Johnny's grades and determine that he's a dumbass in need of an ass-beating for wasting his and your time! Fail him, and the school board directs that he be socially promoted along with all other failures.
B-Students Jealous of A-Students

Can you imagine the principal telling the football coach he has to spend all his time improving the skills of those he had to cut from team, ignoring the ones who made it? That is how this decrepit educational system insults mental talent.

Talk about liars!

So that’s YOU. NOBODY in corporate America I ever knew worked so little. In fact, people used to joke when we saw someone heading out at 5 pm: “only working a half-day today?”
Ambitious Imbeciles

If they had talent instead of brown-nosing education, they'd get the job done a lot more quickly. But the Educationists won't allow anyone to make that logical conclusion from corporate workoholism. Terminal-stage Capitalism is a "how many does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" joke.

That's not what they are called in the Navy. My Dad was an Aviation Electronic Technician. I was a AN/URT-23 technician which are found on submarines, ships, and aircraft!. We always called them "radios". I guess the Chair Force is a little different! :abgg2q.jpg:

In fact, when I was on a midshipman cruise in college, I helped the Radiomen repair that same radio on our ballistic missile submarine.
The Air Force was a little different when I was in it and probably still is today.

I was stateside in the Air Force during the Vietnam War Era and it was like a civilian job. Of course we did have to wear uniforms and there was some chicken shit but overall you felt like a civilian especially if you lived off base.

You call the Air Force the “Chair Force” we called it the “Air Farce.”

It was hard for me to realize that a big organization could be so inefficient until I left the Air Force and worked for a major multinational corporation. Despite my low opinion of that corporation it is still around and is a leader in many of its various business divisions.

As to what teachers "deserve"--sadly, it's a union pay structure. Many teachers are worth far, far more than they're paid. Some are worth half. But sadly that's not how we are paid.

The problems with "wokeism" are minor compared to the bigger cultural rot of "my kid would never..." fill in the blank, coupled with schools' propensity never to hold kids to account for their behavior. I don't mean to sound like a pursed-lipped schoolmarm because I truly love children and in the classroom do not love "rules". I have rules, but beating kids over the head with following the "rules" is not how you run a successful classroom.

But you MUST take care of the glaring issues, behavior-wise. And we no longer do. For a lot of reasons. Everyone suffers as a result.
No need to beat every kid over the head with the rules. Just remove those who break the rules and the rest will get the message. Also, if a teacher bends the rules often enough i.e. granting a second, third, fourth chance, etc., the rules themselves will finally collapse and chaos will result.

Huh? They were paid to stay home for 2 frikin yrs.....lolol.....Did you miss the Covid era?

Do you realize you live in america? The ONLY goal is money. its the biggest thing America stands for, the dollar. People are figuring out to check with making 50k per year that's nothing, next to zero. And you want them to have kids on top of it?

No need to beat every kid over the head with the rules. Just remove those who break the rules and the rest will get the message. Also, if a teacher bends the rules often enough i.e. granting a second, third, fourth chance, etc., the rules themselves will finally collapse and chaos will result.
It's not about "rules," it's about expectations and consistency.

Forum List

Back