Supposn

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2009
Henry A. Wallace and Harry Truman:

Harry S. Truman actions as U.S. president and then as an ex-president, was superior to many and inferior to no others that served in that office. But I speculate as to our current and future conditions if Henry A. Wallace had been retained as FDR's vice-president of FDR's 3d administration.
I've greatest respect and admiration for both Henry A. Wallace and Harry S. Truman.

Interestingly, except for more "conciliatory policies toward the USSR", every other policy goal mentioned within this Wikipedia's article as planks of Wallace's platform, began more than a quarter of a century later, being adopted as U.S. federal policies. Although these policies remain controversial, they remain sustained federal policies. In my less humble opinion, (rather than IMHO), I contend our further expanding upon those policies would be to our nation's best interests. IMLHO, if we had attempted and we would now continue to pursue as Wallace urged, a more “conciliatory policies toward the then USSR” and is now the Russia Federation Government, USA's and the remainder of the world would then, now, and in our future be more peaceful, healthier and wealthier.
Respectfully, Supposn

Excerpted from the link, HenryA. Wallace - Wikipedia
. "... Roosevelt died in April 1945 and Truman succeeded him as president. Wallace continued to serve as Secretary of Commerce until September 1946,when when he was fired by Truman for delivering a speech urging conciliatory policies toward the Soviet Union.

[1] Wallace and his supporters then established the nationwide Progressive Party and launched a third-party campaign for president. The Progressive platform called for conciliatory policies toward the USSR, desegregation of public schools, racial and gender equality, a national health-insurance program, and other left-wing policies. ...”.

Forum List

Back